1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Medal of Honor

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by gafinfan, May 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

With Memorial Day upon us I hope you all will take a small amount of time from your 3 day weekend to read and reflect on those who paid with blood and service so that we all can enjoy that which they bought for us. To those fellow service men and women who served and are still with us, God bless you.

To all of those who paid that ultimate price may you rest in peace and in the comfort of God's loving grace. With that I present:

http://www.gunblast.com/MOH.htm

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  2. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I show my class a CD named Medal of Honor this time every year. It's a breakdown of what the Medal is about and the history of the Medal of Honor in America. Then it has a dozen or so stories of living Medal of Honor award winners. It is outstanding and I highly recommend it to anyone. My favorite story in the CD is about Private First Class Sammy Davis. He took on over 100 of the enemy and wiped them out, and carried 3 injured soldiers to safety after being being hit by a bee hive (38 shotgun type wounds). The guy is an awesome story teller and my class sat with their jaws dropped as he told his tale.

Th CD comes with a book... My principal gave it to me for my class, but i'm sure it can be ordered. It was created by the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation, and it's full name is: Medal of Honor, "Portraits of Valor Beyond the Call of Duty". Although I was lucky enough to have got it for free, now that I know what I have in it I'd gladly pay hundreds for it if I ever lost it.

Highly Recommended for any Patriot

Ducken and gafinfan like this.
  3. gafinfan

Thanks so much, your class is lucky to have you IMHO.:up::up:

4. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    I am proud to say my father earned the Vietnam Military Merit Medal while serving in Vietnam. We should not forget those that won equivalent foreign service medals either. I hope those acts are never considered "secondary" to our own awards. They never will be considered that way for me.

Ducken and gafinfan like this.
  5. gafinfan

You are so right, anyone serving including those who are on the wall tonight have my respect and graditude. The medals the've won be it one or many, be it a Purple Heart and or a Vietnam medal (which is truly close to my own heart), is there to show others what that solder, sailor, marine, airman, or coastguardman has done while the person wearing that medal is the only one who knows the true cost of it is far beyond what others may think. God bless them all.

Ducken and my 2 cents like this.
  6. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    http://military.discovery.com/tv-schedules/special.html?paid=52.15845.127596.37679.0

Saw this on Memorial Day and is worth seeing, will be on again this weekend.

gafinfan likes this.
  7. gafinfan