1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Office Season 6***

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by SICK, Sep 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Starts tonight !!!!!!

pam is preggers, jim and pam are engaged!!! should be awesome.....very very excited for this!

This is HUGE!!!!

[​IMG]

B.Sebo, Ray Finkle and Jt0323 like this.
  2. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Love the office! can't wait! i still say my favorite episode was last year super bowl one! Should be interesting with Pam Preggers, wonder if they will use andy a lot more this year with all the success he had on the big screen, hopefully there are more scenes with him and dwight, and with him singing. Him and dwight singing country road to impress erin, was priceless, especially Toby's expression

SICK likes this.
  3. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    My personal favorite was the 'Disco Cafe' episode.

Regarding Andy, he was absolutely the MVP of last season. The writers gave him a lot to work with and he ran with it. Hopefully they will continue to give him a lot of air time.

Jt0323 and SICK like this.
  4. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    I am excited. I have only seen the first ten or so season 5 episodes, but I know what happened.

A little concerned about the scene of Andy and Oscar holding hands in the preview though.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    andy = amazing.

Jt0323 likes this.
  6. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    that statement is so wrong, Andy= AMAZING x46.7... rud-da-doo-da-do

7. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    damn, i missed it.

8. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Andy is once again named episode MVP. His exchange with Oscar was priceless.

SICK likes this.
  9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    "sooo michael am i gay?" lmao

10. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    Andy was the only funny thing in this episode. kind of meh

11. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    God I just finished watching Season 1-6 Niagara and has come to the conclusion that The Office is one of the best shows on TV. Character development is the best part of the show. At first I couldn't stand Steve Carell's character way over the top alot of face palm moments through out the seasons but overall his character has redeeming points.

Great show people need to watch it.

SICK likes this.
  12. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    each season of this show gets more & more "commercial" and about the romance between jim & pam.

i preferred the show more in the beginning when it was just about NOT being politically correct & hilarious. it's getting too family-oriented, if that's possible. it will never touch the BBC version of the office, IMO.

Also It's Always Sunny has surpassed the Office in my repertoire. that show hasn't lost it's edge and is still just absolutely ridiculous. if you celebrate all that is NOT politically correct, you must love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. :)

all that said, i still watch every episode of the Office. I just wish they'd stay away from getting so darn mushy.

Ultra likes this.
  13. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    The first 3 seasons of the office were awesome....get this, because they were actually in the office the whole time. The Pam/Jim relationship ruined this show 100%

JimToss likes this.
  14. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I don't agree with that at all. You can't just keep doing the same things over and over again or the show will get stale and boring. The show does a really good job with character development and has always tried to be as 'real' as possible. You can't just have Jim and Pam dating for the next 4 or 5 seasons nor can you have Jim keep chasing her (ala Friends with Ross and Rachel). You need to have the show grow.

Plus there were plenty of times in the first 3 seasons that the show had scenes away from the office. Them having an episode here or there away from the office isn't a bad thing at all.

The only thing I worry about with the show moving forward is how the writers are going to deal with the whole baby thing.

SICK and BuckeyeKing like this.
  15. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Jim/Pam brings in the ratings, like it or not.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  16. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    for me it just doesn't do it. the awkward dynamic is gone now. too much has changed IMO. when did Dwight become a ladies man?

texasPHINSfan likes this.
  17. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Dwight has always had ladies after him for some reason. Whether it was Angela earlier in the series or when he went to NY with Michael and Ryan to a club, he had a bunch of girls hitting on him.

SICK likes this.
  18. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    this is a country where American Idol routinely gets record ratings. i wouldn't use ratings to bolster a "good programming" argument. ;)

i don't dislike the office. i just preferred it when it was more about the dynamics of all the people in the office & the dysfunction, and less about romance. i know what they're doing - they're catering to the mainstream, because as you said, it gets ratings. that doesn't mean we all have to like it.

it's very similar to the "band sold out" fans that dislike when their favorite group gets songs played on the radio. it's bad if you were a fan from the beginning, not so much if you're relatively new i guess.... or don't mind romance. :shrug:

Ultra likes this.
  19. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I like the character development things need to change I don't think The Office would be as successful if it didn't have character progression.

20. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I'm not telling you to like it lol. I'm just saying they're "selling out" to the romance because of the money it'll make. Kind of like the road Friends went on...

texasPHINSfan likes this.
  21. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    How are they selling out to romance? Because Jim and Pam got together? So shows should never have people get together? And if they do they automatically are selling out? I don't get it. Even in the British verison of the Office 'Pam' and 'Jim' ended up together too, which this show is loosey based off of. Everyone knew Jim and Pam were going to end up together from the first episode of the series, it was just a matter of when.

BuckeyeKing and SICK like this.
  22. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    more andy FTW

23. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I agree, i mean Bill Lawrence said that he did not want Elliot and JD to get together in scrubs, but in the end, there was too much chemistry that he put them together, its not selling out...there was no doubt that Jim and Pam would end up together...And i rather have them together than have them drag out the will they, wont they, like in friends with Ross and Rachel, i also love it that they did not have it as a season finale and had the wedding mid season, basically saying, Jim and Pam are not what the whole show is Dabout...It's more than that, and that chapter is finally closed... Also without Jim-Pam story line, there would be no reason to have Jim leave Dunder Mifflin therefore we never meet andy, which makes me wonder where this show would be without Ed Helms, i mean he is easily one of the greatest characters on the show and in TV in general...

My only complaint with the Jim-Pam saga is it all happened so fast...

24. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Agreed completely. Especially about the part of Jim staying with Dunder Miffin. The Office isn't about just one character, it needs everyone at the office to mix to make it work. Even background characters like Creed help the show out even with his 3 lines each episode. With that being said I do hope The Office focuses more on Andy's character, which I think it will, who has really grown since we first saw him.

25. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Without Jim and Pam's romance, The Office wouldn't cater to the demographic they are catering to. Selling out may not have been the best term, but without their romance... They wouldn't hit all the demographics they are currently hitting.

I'm not hating on The Office, it's really not an insult to them.. I watch it every Thursday night too. From a filmers' perspective though, they are just catering to multiple demographics. Which is a good thing, not a bad thing.

26. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Tonight was a good episode especially the part when Jim found out about Dwight listening into his office and started playing music lol.

SICK and BuckeyeKing like this.
  27. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    my favorite part was michael calling pams mom "pickle." :lol:

BuckeyeKing and Thunderbolt89 like this.
  28. Thunderbolt89

Oct 16, 2009
    Haha I forgot about that,also when he called her by her full name "Pam Morgan Beesly apologize to your mother" haha

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  29. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    haha it was a brilliant episode. You think anything they will keep up with this Dwight espionage on Jim?

30. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Tonight's episode was hilarious.

31. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    best episode in awhile imo......i love how jim asked what color pams car is before michael even finished he cussed and it was blurred and beeped out LMFAO.....

then how jim whispers "oh dwight you brought the duck back" and dwight being such the ****** he is stands up and is like "i HAD TOO kelly did nothing but........................"

great great stuff.

Jt0323 likes this.
  32. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    in case you missed the last teaser shots (my DVR usually cuts them off) then you missed that Dight had another listening device in a pen, and wanted Jim to find the duck

SICK likes this.
  33. Thunderbolt89

Oct 16, 2009
    Yeah that was funny also with Dwight and the pen. The parts with Toby were funny also when he said hi to Jim and Michael and Jim was like not now Toby and Michael said "yeah get the hell out of here,idiot" haha. Does anyone else feel sorry for the way they treat Toby?

34. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I absolutely love the Office.
    But I must say the end of season 3 was the pinnacle and then began the decline. I probably have the first 3 seasons memorized.

Its unfortunate but I can now sit through a whole episode and not even laugh.
    That wedding episode was horrendously bad. It hurts my heart to as what it has become.

and regardless Creed is the best charecter.....everything he says is comic gold.

35. Thunderbolt89

Oct 16, 2009
    Pretty good episode again last night,Jim's costume was funny social network "book face", that and the three hole punch version of him in previous seasons were funny. Also Jim letting Michael fall in the pond was hilarious haha.

36. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I liked it better when Pam was just the secratary, but the angle they are working with Andy and Errin is hopefully going to replace that dynamic

37. Thunderbolt89

Oct 16, 2009
    Same here,I sometimes forget that Erin is even there but yeah hopefully something happens with her and Andy. Since Jim and Pam has run it's course I wonder if her and Andy are the next main couple they will focus on if they decide to pair them up.

38. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I thought last night's episode was really good after 2 sub-par episodes. Anytime you have Dwight and The Nard Dog together it equals success. I also thought Michael was very funny when he found out how old Pam's mom was.

39. Thunderbolt89

Oct 16, 2009
    Haha yeah that episode was great. I really liked when Pam was going to punch Michael and Toby goes over and everyone thinks he is going to put a stop to it, instead starts showing Pam how to punch properly.

SICK likes this.
  40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lmao yes he was training her....michaels face during that time was hilarious.....

and then she punches him and is like "are you ok?"

and he grunts "nooooo"

ahaha

Thunderbolt89 likes this.