****The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread****
6817 replies
"Muck wrote:
I still have my questions about young Whiteside. Nicholson got his Friday night. That 7-3, end of the bench guy in San Antonio got his Wednesday night.
He's a great talent that does a lot of great things for us. But he's not exactly dominating the other guys his size. Too many JAGs have their way with him. And he's still got a bit of that 'black hole' mentality with the ball.
As of now, I don't think it's gonna be easy to keep him. He's not a max guy in my mind but he's gonna be offered max money elsewhere.
- sent via Tapatalk -
In today's NBA, he's a max guy. I don't think the Heat will realistically be able to find another max player on the open market that is better than Whiteside. He's not quite where you want him to be consistently, but the guy is a difference maker and is a legitimate elite center. The hope is that he continues to improve instead of resting on his giant contract.
Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro
No dragic tonight. Still, Pat Riley's rule of professionalism is winning the games youre supposed to win. Take care of those Nets.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
No dragic tonight. Still, Pat Riley's rule of professionalism is winning the games youre supposed to win. Take care of those Nets.
So Richardson for 30 tonight?
The Heat have been playing down to their competition lately, so hopefully losing Dragic doesn't hurt too bad. Hopefully Joe Johnson goes off against his former team.
Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro
No dragic sucks, but more J Rich isnt a bad thing.
With the money Whiteside will command, Durant or any other max free agent is pretty much out the question. Wade is going to get 20 million again too.
Not sure what we would have left besides mini mle.
And i highly doubt Pat Riley trades Richardson and Winslow away.. Those are keepers..
Richardson's 82 three point attempts do not qualify him on ESPN (lowest I found was 144 attempts) but if they did he would be the leader in three point percentage. For the season.
As things stand he's the leader in the NBA in three point percentage among any player with 25+ attempts.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
"ckparrothead wrote:
Richardson's 82 three point attempts do not qualify him on ESPN (lowest I found was 144 attempts) but if they did he would be the leader in three point percentage. For the season.
As things stand he's the leader in the NBA in three point percentage among any player with 25+ attempts.
Seems unreal considering how this team could not hit a 3 for its life before the all-star break.
Ethan pointed out that the Heat should be favored in 6 of their next 7 contests with the lone exception being the back-to-back in Portland after playing at the Lakers the day before. And honestly they could even win that game.
A 6-1 run before the showdown with the Celtics is a possibility.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
Windhorst falling asleep in the middle of an ESPN interview is glorious!!
Then he tried to damage control and came out even worst if that's possible.
It looked to me like he was trying to read his phone on his lap or perhaps a sheet of paper on his lap and couldn't hear when she stopped talking to ask a question.
I get that Windy is hated but I wish people wouldn't go so far with it, fat shaming him 24:7 and really going after him.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
I wasn't fat shaming him though. And I don't know which is worst, him really falling asleep, or him being so rude as to not pay attention to Cari Champion who is talking directly to him. There were several seconds of empty air as she was waiting for him to react.
What if it was an actual headphone malfunction?
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
Then he would have said so, no?
I dont care for Windhorst's weight but the guy's career got started by stalking a middle schooler, which by the way the guy does not even like him, all the way to the NBA. You see his work in display and if youre a Kent State student, youre embarassed and you want to transfer.
"Sumlit wrote:
Windhorst falling asleep in the middle of an ESPN interview is glorious!!
Then he tried to damage control and came out even worst if that's possible.
In his defense, he looks like the guy who regularly KOs after meals.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
What a pathetic performance by the Cavs, up 19 at halftime, losing by 3 in the 4th and the ball never touches Kyrie's hands, Dellevadova is handling the ball down the stretch and creating his own bricks LOL
Michael Beasley is killing them
At this point are we sure the Cavs will take the #1 seed?
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
As long as they take care of Toronto the next couple games they should be a lock. But theyre looking pretty bad. This is the point where youre suppose to be peaking to the playoffs, instead they look like the season just started.
Also I have to say it would seem to me that LeBron is going to leave Cleveland again. I don't know that he's coming back to Miami or anything but I do think he's leaving Cleveland.
Could the Knicks swing him under the cap? I think the lesson he's taking from all this is he needs to be with other "brotherhood" in order to really get a locker room the way he wants it, and I think Carmelo would fit that just as easily as Wade & Bosh. Plus the Knicks now have Porzingod so that would be a good sell on a new trio. Plus another strong culture-enhancing personality in Phil Jackson, similar to Pat Riley.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
I don't know how his image survives another exodus. Much more likely he forces the Cavs to unload Love and Irving for players he wants. Would the Knicks take Love for Melo and the Clips take Kyrie for Paul?
"ckparrothead wrote:
Also I have to say it would seem to me that LeBron is going to leave Cleveland again. I don't know that he's coming back to Miami or anything but I do think he's leaving Cleveland.
Could the Knicks swing him under the cap? I think the lesson he's taking from all this is he needs to be with other "brotherhood" in order to really get a locker room the way he wants it, and I think Carmelo would fit that just as easily as Wade & Bosh. Plus the Knicks now have Porzingod so that would be a good sell on a new trio. Plus another strong culture-enhancing personality in Phil Jackson, similar to Pat Riley.
I'm glad we had LeBron when we did, and the rivalry it would create if he went to New York would be pretty damn exciting, not gonna lie. The rivalry would certainly be renewed with Miami.
By the way is Mozgov dead or something... that team needs rebounding and defense... I saw Beasley take Thompson to school several times.
Seems most people don't know this, so I thought I'd share - but Windy suffers from some pretty serious health stuff. I'm fairly certain the weight issues are because he has to stay on some sort of steroid for health reasons. So just remember that when the fat jokes go flying.
http://bjretirees.blogspot.com/2008/06/brian-windhorst-in-intensive-care.html
"ckparrothead wrote:
Also I have to say it would seem to me that LeBron is going to leave Cleveland again. I don't know that he's coming back to Miami or anything but I do think he's leaving Cleveland.
Could the Knicks swing him under the cap? I think the lesson he's taking from all this is he needs to be with other "brotherhood" in order to really get a locker room the way he wants it, and I think Carmelo would fit that just as easily as Wade & Bosh. Plus the Knicks now have Porzingod so that would be a good sell on a new trio. Plus another strong culture-enhancing personality in Phil Jackson, similar to Pat Riley.
I think the mistake in this logic is thinking he's looking for less power - he just ran away from that arrangement. I think it's much more likely he forces the Cavs into a bunch of bad trades to bring in guys he likes.
My take on LeBron is that he wants power above all. He has that in Cleveland. I think he's much more likely to exert that power than leave for somewhere that he has less.
LeBron has complete and total control of the Cavs and what they've done. He hand picked this team and this roster and the coach. He constantly says he's the leader. If he left it would be him admitting that he failed - and I don't know that I've ever seen LeBron admit something like that.