1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread****

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by TiP54, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    You realize, that is what Draymond wants?

He is beneath bron. Bron should act like it.

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  2. biggiesmalls3k1

biggiesmalls3k1 ZT = H.O.F. Club Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Orlando, Florida
    Another thing, this whole portrayal of Dan Gilbert as a guy who acquiesced to LeBron and swallowed his pride or whatever, thats complete B.S. IMO. He would've done absolutely anything to get this guy back, he was leading the charge whining and complaining about the CBA, trying to make it impossible for Miami, because we "werent playing fair", "Built, Not Bought" and all that other garbage. He turns around and has the largest payroll because, hey, thats how you win genius. King Comic Sans still doesnt realize that he cursed his crappy town the moment he published that letter. I still cannot believe that LeBron went back to Cleveland to play for that turd, he has little self respect and hes incredibly selfish IMO...

I love the Cavs fans tears, that team deserves to wallow in misery and Dan Gilbert with the rest of his cronies deserved the lottery all those years Bron was gone, he shouldve seen that as a sign honestly...

FinSane, schmolioot and MikeHoncho like this.
  3. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I can't stand Kyrie, I hadn't watched all that much of him before Cleveland got Lebron and started making the playoffs but he's a guy I wouldn't even want on my team. His negative plays are so glaring and so brutal they kill a team. He does get hot for stretches and obviously he can score but his defense is Harden-level and his inability to score without tying up the ball for 20 seconds is a team killer. I'm not sure why people keep going after Love, I think Love is passing, doing things without the ball, he's trying to give the team what it needs. Irving is just running around trying to beat 5 guys and score. I thought there was a long stretch in the 4th quarter where he killed his team and lost the game almost single handedly. I really think Cleveland could have won or at least stretched this series out if they had just played smart basketball for like 3-4 minutes in that brutal stretch last night.

4. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Yes

5. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Interesting stat. I was wondering last night why they posted up LeBron (Initiated offense to start with him) and allowed for a great defensive team like Golden State to set themselves.

Put LeBron on the move, and have him catch it on the other side of screens, you know...like he did in ...Miami...where he won two titles and had all-time Efficiency numbers? Put LeBron in Side Pick and Rolls with Love, have him bring the ball up the court, and run Kyrie off of screens, use pin downs to get him free, you know...how ...Miami....oh nevermind.

MikeHoncho and eltos_lightfoot like this.
  6. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Norris Cole was at the game last night:

[​IMG]

he wore a 100k championship ring to the game?

7. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Reppin the OH....nice shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    Like Michael did Reggie??

9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't see a reason to be petty. Lebron made a decision that will probably mean he'll never win another championship by going to a lesser organization and owner with a lesser surrounding cast and lesser coaching. The last two years will probably end up being his best shot to win in Cleveland and it's not looking good. He would have had a better shot in Miami this year. And going forward I expect Cleveland to decline while Miami continues to improve. He's a great player, arguably the GOAT but will never have the ring count for most to recognize it 20 years after he retires. He'll just be a guy with great stats who some old dudes and and people in Cleveland remember. For me it's hard to be petty when the guy so obviously put himself in a far worse situation and will not really have affected my team beyond the very short-term. I just see him as someone who was here briefly and we helped get a couple of rings.

FinSane likes this.
  10. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    And I know it won't be recognized with this group.

But Lebron is getting raped inside and not getting any whistles. That's not typical from the best player in your sport.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  11. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    Some old dudes and people in Clev will remember.....really?

You hate him that much that you won't even acknowledge him more than a guy with good stats remembered locally?

You sound kind of silly.

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

13. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    The refs are staying out of it, which considering the star power in the series is kind of unheard of but they are being consistent. I thought Lebron and Kyrie both spent too many drives obviously trying to get to the line instead of making shots late in that game and considering the refs just weren't having it that was just bad basketball. The Cavs can't cry, the Warriors haven't played their best basketball, Cleveland's had good chances to win 2 out of the games that they've lost but no one has stepped up on the team.

14. 407PhinFan

407PhinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Steph Curry has been getting battered all series. The refs aren't calling many fouls for either team.

15. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    I'm not talking about this series

16. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Interestingly enough, in 2/4 series these playoffs, opposing teams have complained about the Cavs getting all the calls. There's an ebb and flow but trolling only requires, nay demands, that you only talk about the ebb. 2/10 soft trolling.

17. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    I figured you guys of all people can relate..The city of Miami has been blaming officiating for their losses 20 years. It's in your veins down there

18. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Check my location. 1/10, inaccurate troll.

Sent from my SM-J500M using Tapatalk

19. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    The Cavs dominated their other playoff series, they should have gotten a lot of calls.

20. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    But who bashes Lebron anyway?

21. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No, IMO he's a great player and as I said arguably the GOAT, but reality is that history tends to count rings. So I would be one of those old dudes who remembers but history will eventually not rank him as highly as he should be.

22. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm not bashing Lebron. I just said he was arguably the GOAT. I'm talking about what his legacy will ultimately be. Or were you just trying to provide another example of you thinking everything is a criticism of his game?

23. biggiesmalls3k1

Nov 11, 2010
    Orlando, Florida
    LeBron threw his legacy away when he left to go back to Cleveland. He listened to his boys, the same ones that weren't getting carte blanche here in Miami. He could've been an all-timer, could've built something really special as a member of a respected, all-time organization. I'm pretty comfortable in the opinion that he would've won 4-6 championships total when it was all said and done here with the structure we have in place. But that wasn't good enough for him or his friends, they were upset they weren't allowed on the court or on the plane along with the team. It's sad really...

24. Fin-O

Sep 28, 2015
    I'm very aware of your location. I'm usually at your trailor when you are not.

Ya know...

25. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Lol LeBron's legacy as a top 10 all time player is already solidified. You dont need to win 5 rings to still be discussed by future generations. Nobody has forgotten about Larry Bird of Jerry West.

LeBron winning 3 total rings, one of which is in Cleveland, would be be better for his legacy than winning 4 or 5 in Miami alone. Single handedly bringing a title to Cleveland would be the most impressive single feat in sports IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Fin-O and Stitches like this.
  26. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    You say some complimentary things then bash him its becoming a broken record. He might very well win a title in Cleveland, I mean he has 2-3 MVP type seasons left and about 4-5 quality years left, I don't give the Cleveland Organization a lot of credit to be able to build around him but acting like his entire legacy is starting to unravel is bit absurd. Him going to Cleveland isn't a big mistake, he's made 2 Finals in a row lol. Yes he's had to face an all time great team in GS and his team isn't as good and Curry has become something no one really saw coming so his mistake wasn't leaving for Cleveland. Its is almost like there is a curse against Cleveland. I mean they build a title quality team then some other team gets a great Head Coach, Curry turns into the best player in the league and the team turns into an all time best team right as Lebron joins Cleveland. Its ironic but its not something to trash Lebron over.

27. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I disagree that winning one title in Cleveland would matter more than multiple titles for his legacy to anyone outside of Cleveland. And I do believe that he's top 10, but if he'd stayed in Miami and won a couple more titles he'd be in the debate with Jordan. That's what I believe he gave up, the difference between being thought of as top 10 vs. being thought of as the GOAT by the general public. I could argue that he's a GOAT already, but I tend to value an overall game far more than the general public does. The general public is usually limited to counting rings or watching offensive highlights. Lebron won't be a GOAT in those two categories.

28. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Calling a player a GOAT is hardly faint praise. But I do believe that in terms of a basketball decision going to Cleveland was definitely a mistake. It may satisfy some personal need for him, but legacy wise, he's far less likely to ever win more titles there.

29. biggiesmalls3k1

Nov 11, 2010
    Orlando, Florida
    This notion that winning 1 title anywhere over winning 4-5 in a different place weighs more is absurd. Just something that the romantics say to turn their nose at Miami. Like the whole "hardworking people only live in the Midwest" bullcrap. National press went on and on about Miami not deserving a player the caliber of LeBron, about how our fans were pathetic, then painting him a villain. As soon as he goes back to Cleveland, everything changes, hes a media darling and can do no wrong. What kind of double standard is that?? What have Miami fans done to deserve this kind of coverage and bias.

Section126 likes this.
  30. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Uh, I am a Heat fan.

It has nothing to do with the actual city or the fans. It is about taking a **** team and carrying them to a title.

31. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    If his goal is to give away millions in exchange for more rings, why shouldn't he sign in GS?

32. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    ...and not millions of dollars?

33. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    More rings by going to already the best team isnt the same as winning on a team that you are the difference between championship or no championship.

In ither words getting a ring in GS does nothing for Lebron's legacy, it actually weakens it.

And of course Gs would never sign him anyways and wiuld probably sign Durant before him. You can clearly tell those players dont like Lebron.

34. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Two months from now:

[video]https://streamable.com/gz6y[/video]

35. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Superstars taking less money in their prime is almost unheard of. The current CBA makes it very difficult. You also have the awkward situation of three guys that are all good friends trying to decide who will give away millions every year. It was reported prior to FA that James would not sign for less than the max.

36. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Reggie is in the Hall of Fame.

37. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Whiteside walking through the airport wearing a Heatles shirt. Solidifying both that he's staying and that the nickname is top 5 all time.

[​IMG]

38. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Because the Heat deserves it. Fans of other teams didn't like 3 superstars planning a move like this years in advance and circumventing any notion of fair play. Fans didn't like Lebron's idiotic "The Decision" drama queen nonsense. Fans didn't like the idiotic WWF style pep rally with notions of winning 6-7 titles without breaking a sweat. The Heat bragged and looked down on the rest of the league, created themselves as villains and bullies then got punked by Dallas and San Antonio.

Lebron handles "The Decision" differently, the Heat act with a little humility or they win 4 titles in a row and the heat is a lot less. **ducking and finding cover**

39. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Draymond Green suspended.. GS line dropped from -7 to -6... May be able to get it at -3 at some point i hope

40. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Twitter/Golden State bandwagon are steaming pissed off at Lebron, saying they hope his crying ******** is happy now