****The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread****

6817 replies

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Jan 27, 2016, 04:34 PM

"Section126 wrote:

"Give us your 1st round pick..if not..**** off. We don;t want any of your trash, and we already know you won't trade Randle or De'Angelo." That's Pat Riley on the phone.

Is this hypothetical, or was this call actually placed? I'd probably do that trade.

Also, do you think they'll actually trade Whiteside before the deadline?

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jan 27, 2016, 04:50 PM

"sports24/7 wrote:

Is this hypothetical, or was this call actually placed? I'd probably do that trade.

Also, do you think they'll actually trade Whiteside before the deadline?

Hypothetical. and I don't think they trade him.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Jan 27, 2016, 05:00 PM

Hawks reportedly shopping Teague, and Boik will be interested to know that the Knicks are one of the teams they've talked to supposedly.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

Serpico JonesSerpico JonesForum Veteran
Jan 27, 2016, 06:43 PM

"Sumlit wrote:

Stephen A Smith suggesting Heat trade Bosh + Winslow for Blake Griffin...... BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Is he ****ing crazy?

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jan 27, 2016, 06:51 PM

"Serpico Jones wrote:

Is he ****ing crazy?

He'd originally **** on Porzingas. Yes. He will talk out of his arse from time to time.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jan 27, 2016, 08:51 PM

"PhiNomina wrote:

Ehhhhh I think it's a stretch to just assume the Heat find Whiteside if LeBron is still there. It would be a very different team than the one last year that was able to give Whiteside that sort of playing time and even needed him in the first place.

The Heat were talking with Hassan Whiteside while Lebron was still under contract with the Heat. They had made him an offer during the 14' season and found that he was not eligible due to a contract he had signed.

Every year Lebron was here, Pat Riley experimented with a big man reclamation project. Whiteside would have been the latest.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 27, 2016, 09:40 PM

"Section126 wrote:

Had he stayed in Miami, the next incarnation of the Heat would have come with Whiteside, AND/OR the use of CAP SPACE this offseason, which he does NOT HAVE in Cleveland. He made a dumb move, but good for him, he wanted more power, and his "own thing".

So..incorrect. We are not "Butthurt" BTW. You have no idea how insulting that term is to Heat fans.

You guys are the text book, dictionary definition of butthurt. I mean it couldn't be more obvious. Your team has been mediocre to crap since Lebron left and you guys watched him have the best team in the East. Yet all I hear is about how stupid he is/was, how he wasn't really that good, how you never really like liked him, I mean its like listening to a jilted ex.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 27, 2016, 09:42 PM

"sports24/7 wrote:

You can keep throwing out that fans are being "butt hurt" or "trashing him", or you can actually read what's being said about him. The fact is, he was in the discussion about being the best ever, and as the years go on without him winning, he will start sliding down the list. Those are the facts. Two titles with a (most likely significant) losing record in the finals doesn't put you among the top 3. It might get you in the top 5, but I can promise you that is not what LeBron wants. He wants to be #1. I believe that is what is most important to him, and that was my overall point in the original post. His only shot at that was to continue winning titles. You can choose to objectively look at it and see that's clearly the case, or you can continue to be combative and ignore reality.

Objectively, like the jilted Heat Fans. LOL.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 27, 2016, 09:44 PM

"Sumlit wrote:

Stephen A Smith suggesting Heat trade Bosh + Winslow for Blake Griffin...... BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Would the Clippers even make that trade? I don't think they would unless Griffin is really a head case.

LimboLimboForum Veteran
Jan 27, 2016, 10:43 PM

"sports24/7 wrote:

Hawks reportedly shopping Teague, and Boik will be interested to know that the Knicks are one of the teams they've talked to supposedly.

That's what I'd do if I were ATL. I don't know anything about the lockerroom/personality stuff, but on the court, this Schroder kid looks really promising. There just aren't many guys who move like that, and he's got nice length at the position to go along with the crazy quicks and speed. I'm a fan. Better to move on from Teague while they're not quite true contenders, try to get a piece for him.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jan 28, 2016, 01:23 AM

"finfansince72 wrote:

You guys are the text book, dictionary definition of butthurt. I mean it couldn't be more obvious. Your team has been mediocre to crap since Lebron left and you guys watched him have the best team in the East. Yet all I hear is about how stupid he is/was, how he wasn't really that good, how you never really like liked him, I mean its like listening to a jilted ex.

You're projecting. Love the shade of "mediocre to crap" BTW. I wouldn't call a team that was sabotaged last year, and then had cataclysmic injury and only missed the playoffs by 1 game "crap". This year's team is pretty good as they are 1 game out of the #3 seed and 3 1/2 up on YOUR Wiz.

I am on record as never liking the guy, but I appreciate him as a player and what he did for us. But he is what he is. What he WAS..was the best 4 years of his career HERE. It is reasonable to think that his Great play would have continued here. Unless of course, you are on a Dolphins site trolling fans of a franchise you envy.

It's almost as if you WANT us to be "Butt Hurt'. You NEED us to be "Butt Hurt".

It could also be that you somehow think we don't "deserve" what we have had or what we are going to get.

you're the Dolphin fan touting the Patriots as cheaters. Typical. Yawn.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jan 28, 2016, 01:26 AM

"finfansince72 wrote:

Would the Clippers even make that trade? I don't think they would unless Griffin is really a head case.

They would in a heart beat, because Bosh and Winslow is a MASSIVE haul for Griffin and their window is Chris Paul's remaining effectiveness. Heat would never make that trade however.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

LimboLimboForum Veteran
Jan 28, 2016, 06:56 AM

Probably his best offensive night of the year. Moving the ball with some pace, thinking fast, eyes up and active off the ball. Keep doing this stuff, and the smallball Bosh-Winslow lineups could really improve on that end.
https://youtu.be/LEq9gzuOzEU

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Jan 28, 2016, 11:01 AM

"finfansince72 wrote:

You guys are the text book, dictionary definition of butthurt. I mean it couldn't be more obvious. Your team has been mediocre to crap since Lebron left and you guys watched him have the best team in the East. Yet all I hear is about how stupid he is/was, how he wasn't really that good, how you never really like liked him, I mean its like listening to a jilted ex.

B.S. When I thought he was staying here I said it would be stupid for him to leave, that he might be able to have the best team in the East in Cleveland b/c he was the best player, but that it wouldn't be enough to win a championship. I also said that his chances of building long term success would go down b/c he wouldn't have Riley. Nothing has happened that would call that opinion in question. And as they start cycling through coaches I think his odds of ever winning a championship there go down further. That's not acting jilted. That's making a factual assessment of the situation that has so far been very accurate.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 28, 2016, 03:33 PM

"Section126 wrote:

You're projecting. Love the shade of "mediocre to crap" BTW. I wouldn't call a team that was sabotaged last year, and then had cataclysmic injury and only missed the playoffs by 1 game "crap". This year's team is pretty good as they are 1 game out of the #3 seed and 3 1/2 up on YOUR Wiz.

I am on record as never liking the guy, but I appreciate him as a player and what he did for us. But he is what he is. What he WAS..was the best 4 years of his career HERE. It is reasonable to think that his Great play would have continued here. Unless of course, you are on a Dolphins site trolling fans of a franchise you envy.

It's almost as if you WANT us to be "Butt Hurt'. You NEED us to be "Butt Hurt".

It could also be that you somehow think we don't "deserve" what we have had or what we are going to get.

you're the Dolphin fan touting the Patriots as cheaters. Typical. Yawn.

Yeah, I am a Dolphin fan that thinks the Patriots routinely cheat. For sure. But you guys are also the most obvious jilted fans on the planet. I mean it couldn't be anymore transparent and obvious. Rooting against the guy like you all do is really weak, I mean I don't root against Dolphin players if they leave. Sure if they go to the Jest and are playing us I'm all for them losing but you guys root against him so openly its just pathetic.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 28, 2016, 03:36 PM

"rafael wrote:

B.S. When I thought he was staying here I said it would be stupid for him to leave, that he might be able to have the best team in the East in Cleveland b/c he was the best player, but that it wouldn't be enough to win a championship. I also said that his chances of building long term success would go down b/c he wouldn't have Riley. Nothing has happened that would call that opinion in question. And as they start cycling through coaches I think his odds of ever winning a championship there go down further. That's not acting jilted. That's making a factual assessment of the situation that has so far been very accurate.

They were the best team in the East and lost to GS. They will be the best team in the East this year and will lose to GS (or possibly San Antonio), this isn't any different than if he stayed with the Heat. You're "purely basketball" stuff is nonsense, his team is literally just as good as the Heat would be this year too, and they would lose to GS just like if he were with the Heat. The only mistake Lebron made if it was all just purely about titles, was not trying to go play with Golden State or San Antonio because that would have been his only chance at a title over the next few years. Any other team except maybe Oklahoma State and he'd still just be a Finals loser.

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Jan 28, 2016, 05:59 PM

"finfansince72 wrote:

Objectively, like the jilted Heat Fans. LOL.

Well, you could take a look back at my posts, realize that I have always been a LeBron fan, never hated him after he left, and had an intelligent conversation; but I guess it's just easier to call me "jilted" or "butt hurt". Either way, everything I said was correct.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jan 28, 2016, 06:13 PM

"finfansince72 wrote:

Yeah, I am a Dolphin fan that thinks the Patriots routinely cheat. For sure. But you guys are also the most obvious jilted fans on the planet. I mean it couldn't be anymore transparent and obvious. Rooting against the guy like you all do is really weak, I mean I don't root against Dolphin players if they leave. Sure if they go to the Jest and are playing us I'm all for them losing but you guys root against him so openly its just pathetic.

He is an opponent. of course we would root against him. One more time. Stop generalizing. I am not "jilted". It is natural to have an opinion and then point to events and say "we told you so."

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jan 28, 2016, 06:17 PM

"finfansince72 wrote:

They were the best team in the East and lost to GS. They will be the best team in the East this year and will lose to GS (or possibly San Antonio), this isn't any different than if he stayed with the Heat. You're "purely basketball" stuff is nonsense, his team is literally just as good as the Heat would be this year too, and they would lose to GS just like if he were with the Heat. The only mistake Lebron made if it was all just purely about titles, was not trying to go play with Golden State or San Antonio because that would have been his only chance at a title over the next few years. Any other team except maybe Oklahoma State and he'd still just be a Finals loser.

The Cavs fan thanks this post because you essentially say "Him leaving doesn't matter, because he would lose anyway." They call that projection.

I HOPE you understand that there is a difference between Cleveland and Miami, and that he had a better opportunity to win another one HERE.

You are dismissing upcoming events such as the summer of 16', Spurs upcoming retirements, and Golden State Free Agents. LeBron would have been better equipped to win another one here. That is the argument being put forward. To argue against it is to ignore all of these factors including the front office and coaching.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jan 28, 2016, 06:19 PM

In related news, LeBron's former teammates are now officially all-stars. (Bosh was added today as a East reserve)

His current teammates Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love were not added by the coaches.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 28, 2016, 06:57 PM

"Section126 wrote:

The Cavs fan thanks this post because you essentially say "Him leaving doesn't matter, because he would lose anyway." They call that projection.

I HOPE you understand that there is a difference between Cleveland and Miami, and that he had a better opportunity to win another one HERE.

You are dismissing upcoming events such as the summer of 16', Spurs upcoming retirements, and Golden State Free Agents. LeBron would have been better equipped to win another one here. That is the argument being put forward. To argue against it is to ignore all of these factors including the front office and coaching.

I'll certainly give you Riley over the Cavs front office group for certain but I don't agree that his chances would be noticeably better in Miami. I mean his chances might go from like 40% to 44% or something but he'd still lose. Now Miami would have a much better shot at a big free agent with Lebron there but they still wouldn't beat GS unless that team falls apart.

I mean I think it burns you guys up that Lebron's team is better than the Heat and will be for the next few years, I seem to remember how you were going to sign Kawhi Leonard, Aldridge all because Riley is just that great of a recruiter but you guys aren't recruiting the top free agents without Lebron. Even Bosh needed to get an extra year and ton of cash to stay there. Lebron leaving changed the trajectory of your team and you're bitter, I get it, its natural but at least admit it.

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Jan 28, 2016, 07:29 PM

"finfansince72 wrote:

I'll certainly give you Riley over the Cavs front office group for certain but I don't agree that his chances would be noticeably better in Miami. I mean his chances might go from like 40% to 44% or something but he'd still lose. Now Miami would have a much better shot at a big free agent with Lebron there but they still wouldn't beat GS unless that team falls apart.

I mean I think it burns you guys up that Lebron's team is better than the Heat and will be for the next few years, I seem to remember how you were going to sign Kawhi Leonard, Aldridge all because Riley is just that great of a recruiter but you guys aren't recruiting the top free agents without Lebron. Even Bosh needed to get an extra year and ton of cash to stay there. Lebron leaving changed the trajectory of your team and you're bitter, I get it, its natural but at least admit it.

We get it. You're jealous of the organization. That's the only reason why you keep trying to take pot shots (even though none of them are landing).

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jan 28, 2016, 07:42 PM

"finfansince72 wrote:

I'll certainly give you Riley over the Cavs front office group for certain but I don't agree that his chances would be noticeably better in Miami. I mean his chances might go from like 40% to 44% or something but he'd still lose. Now Miami would have a much better shot at a big free agent with Lebron there but they still wouldn't beat GS unless that team falls apart.

I mean I think it burns you guys up that Lebron's team is better than the Heat and will be for the next few years, I seem to remember how you were going to sign Kawhi Leonard, Aldridge all because Riley is just that great of a recruiter but you guys aren't recruiting the top free agents without Lebron. Even Bosh needed to get an extra year and ton of cash to stay there. Lebron leaving changed the trajectory of your team and you're bitter, I get it, its natural but at least admit it.

You sound so insanely jealous of our organization that it seeps through every post.

BTW..ARE YOU SURE that the Cavs will be better than Miami for "the next few years"?

second of all, nobody said they were gonna sign Aldridge and Khawi. We said those would be the best targets in their respective years.

I love how you say that we aren't recruiting the top free agents without Lebron.....uh..well....WE DID KINDA RECRUIT...... LEBRON. LOL.

It's gonna be hilarious when Kevin Durant comes here and tells the Wiz to **** off like everybody else does. Are you gonna burn his jersey?

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2016, 05:28 AM

There's some serious transition coming for a lot of franchises. The Spurs will be seeing off Duncan, Ginobili and eventually Parker. It'll be interesting to see how long David West remains on the team too, he might be their best acquisition this year. It'll be a new era for the Spurs. The Heat will be looking at a post-Wade era too in the next few years, so that will mark the end of one thing and the beginning of another. The Mavs will be losing Dirk, the Lakers are obviously saying goodbye to Kobe (although his contribution basically ended two years ago), the Clippers don't look to be losing Paul and Griffin very soon but having said that, those two might be on a downward turn. The there's the Cavs who might just be a new team that got stuck in transition and fails to fully emerge. The future of Lebron could prove to be a very curious and very sad revelation.

It's a weird era for me, a lot of the changes mark the end of the NBA that I grew up with. There's still a lot of brightness though. I'm enjoying watching this Raptors team develop, I'm not sure how stable they are but I find them fun to watch and would love to see them become contenders, at least for a few years. Then there's the experiment over in Minnesota with so much talent. The odds on all of it coming to fruition are slim but if it did - that would be quite the squad. Then how about Orlando. Surprisingly successful this year. That was a franchise that was new as I was growing up and with Shaq and Penny received quite a bit of love. There's something appealing about the Magic becoming serious contenders - if not all that likely right now.

A strong Knicks team would be awesome, they've been in no-man's-land for too long now. That's a team with passion. Then of course, the Warriors. Even if they repeat this year - can they survive the next stage in NBA success and keep the team together and/or learn how to adapt and bring in new pieces to stay at the top?


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

LimboLimboForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2016, 06:47 AM

The League is more intriguing than it's been in quite some time, imo. You have the turnover with these superstar players on their longtime teams that you mentioned. Got a large crop of young talent spread around the League, specifically from this crazy good draft class which appears to have a bunch of real building-block type guys. The game itself is changing and becoming more unconventional/small. Then you have the whole analytics aspect of analysis and discussion, nearly all of which is open to the public and/or sportswriters. It's a really good time to be consuming anything NBA.