****The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread****

6817 replies

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jan 29, 2016, 07:49 AM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Maybe he can trade Kevin Love for Andrew Wiggins. That way he will have the SF he needs.

Maybe he can also get a three team trade with the griz and heat where he lands Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Birdman, UD and Spo. Also try to lure Ray out of retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 29, 2016, 09:15 AM

"Section126 wrote:

You sound so insanely jealous of our organization that it seeps through every post.

BTW..ARE YOU SURE that the Cavs will be better than Miami for "the next few years"?

second of all, nobody said they were gonna sign Aldridge and Khawi. We said those would be the best targets in their respective years.

I love how you say that we aren't recruiting the top free agents without Lebron.....uh..well....WE DID KINDA RECRUIT...... LEBRON. LOL.

It's gonna be hilarious when Kevin Durant comes here and tells the Wiz to **** off like everybody else does. Are you gonna burn his jersey?

I like Durant, he seems like a good guy, if he chooses Miami over the Wizards I'll wish him well. I'm not a bitter ex. Cmon man I'm a Wizards fan, I expect disappointment every year lol.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 29, 2016, 09:16 AM

"sports24/7 wrote:

We get it. You're jealous of the organization. That's the only reason why you keep trying to take pot shots (even though none of them are landing).

If stating the truth is taking shots so be it. Theres nothing to be jealous of in Miami right now, I mean seriously, no one is worried about them right now.

sports24/7sports24/7Supporter
Jan 29, 2016, 11:34 AM

"finfansince72 wrote:

If stating the truth is taking shots so be it. Theres nothing to be jealous of in Miami right now, I mean seriously, no one is worried about them right now.

So supporting LeBron for as long as I can remember means that the actual truth is I'm a jilted, butt hurt fan? Got it. I must have just been pretending all this time, just so I can pretend to be objective for this one post.

Follow me on twitter. Or don't @Adam_Vaccaro

PhiNominaPhiNominaForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2016, 12:40 PM

"Section126 wrote:

The Cavs fan thanks this post because you essentially say "Him leaving doesn't matter, because he would lose anyway." They call that projection.

I HOPE you understand that there is a difference between Cleveland and Miami, and that he had a better opportunity to win another one HERE.

You are dismissing upcoming events such as the summer of 16', Spurs upcoming retirements, and Golden State Free Agents. LeBron would have been better equipped to win another one here. That is the argument being put forward. To argue against it is to ignore all of these factors including the front office and coaching.

I'm apparently catching strays for liking that post but I have no idea how anyone is arguing with the singular point made in that post - whether in Miami or Cleveland LeBron was gonna lose the next 2 Finals (last year and this year) to the Spurs or Warriors.

If you want to argue about what happens after that - whatever, leave me out of it. But if you're calling me out for liking this, let's be real about how good the Warriors / Spurs are this year.

LimboLimboForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2016, 03:59 PM

Wait wait...McBOB MAY PLAY TONIGHT. Dragic looking likely too. Whiteside not so much.

With the team getting healthier, I wonder how many minutes Gerald Green gets. Only played 16 in Brooklyn, and he's been cold on offense. Over the last 5 games he's gone 11/45 from the field; over the last 7 he's 13/57. So streaky.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2016, 08:03 PM

Playing heat ML... Probably gonna regret it.. Go Heat!

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2016, 08:42 PM

Golden State has the better players but Spo really is the architect of the small ball lineup. Just great movement today so far.

LimboLimboForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2016, 09:27 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Golden State has the better players but Spo really is the architect of the small ball lineup. Just great movement today so far.

The movement and pace has been awesome, with and without Dragic. McBob is back! Another facilitator type.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2016, 10:42 PM

All I got to say is: STAT!

Came up huge today, loved his hustle. Hasnt looked this healthy in a long time. Our doctors are doing work!

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2016, 10:51 PM

Wade is washed up, guys.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Jan 30, 2016, 10:05 AM

"finfansince72 wrote:

If stating the truth is taking shots so be it. Theres nothing to be jealous of in Miami right now, I mean seriously, no one is worried about them right now.

I would say everybody in the East besides the Cavs and maybe even them, should be ****ting their pants. Heat when healthy are damn good.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Jan 30, 2016, 10:05 AM

Well they hit Section's January win total mark, with one game left to go.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 30, 2016, 01:08 PM

"Section126 wrote:

I would say everybody in the East besides the Cavs and maybe even them, should be ****ting their pants. Heat when healthy are damn good.

Meh, maybe. I'd hope they play in the playoffs, the Cavs and the Heat, it would be by FAR the most interesting matchup in the East.

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Jan 30, 2016, 01:26 PM

"Section126 wrote:

I would say everybody in the East besides the Cavs and maybe even them, should be ****ting their pants. Heat when healthy are damn good.

If Cleveland keeps playing so divided then I think they absolutely lose to a healthy Heat team and certainly a team who plays well together like Toronto. All it would take would be a game 1 loss at home to either and it appears their "will" is easily broken.

I hope not, that city deserves something to be happy about...but GD things are looking like a guaranteed let down for that city once again.

Meanwhile....welcome back Me7o...lets make a playoff run.

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

LimboLimboForum Veteran
Jan 30, 2016, 01:54 PM

Heat are jelling, noticeably. Cavs won't want any part of this team come playoff time. Deep rotation to get through the 2nd half of the season, too, especially if Beno and Amar'e can keep contributing.

My only concern is that this improved execution and flow are happening without Whiteside. I don't know how his return will change things. He does certain things incredibly well, obviously, but damn have we looked good with Bosh at the 5. CB is just so damn good.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jan 30, 2016, 02:56 PM

I think the next few weeks before the Trade deadline is going to say a lot about Whiteside's future. If McRoberts and Amare stay healthy, he's gone. Theyll plug Haslem and Bird in.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jan 30, 2016, 07:44 PM

Id target a lottery pick

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Jan 30, 2016, 09:44 PM

Who knew the biggest beneficiary of Blatt being fired would be Kevin Love??

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 31, 2016, 12:35 AM

Saw the Cavs Spurs game, the Cavs did look a lot different. The big three scored 20 a piece, I don't think anyone is going to beat them if they do that in playoff games. Seems like Lue has the teams attention. We'll have to see if they can sustain it.

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Jan 31, 2016, 12:41 PM

"finfansince72 wrote:

Saw the Cavs Spurs game, the Cavs did look a lot different. The big three scored 20 a piece, I don't think anyone is going to beat them if they do that in playoff games. Seems like Lue has the teams attention. We'll have to see if they can sustain it.

Uptempo is the way this team needs to play imo, yes that increases the liklihood of cramps....but still.

They are deeper than most and have a good scoring second unit, I think they will be picking up the pace in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Jan 31, 2016, 03:05 PM

"Fin-O wrote:

Uptempo is the way this team needs to play imo, yes that increases the liklihood of cramps....but still.

They are deeper than most and have a good scoring second unit, I think they will be picking up the pace in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they definitely looked like a team playing with a lot more energy, maybe Lue is getting through to them. They need the layups and easy transition baskets because they aren't a great shooting team. I think they are a smart trade away from being a serious threat to GS.

Jan 31, 2016, 08:25 PM

Well then. Looks like they'll finish 9-8 in January. They survived that vicious road trip and all those injuries.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jan 31, 2016, 09:34 PM

Wade is washed up. Obviously he doesn't have any more. What kind of player leads to his team to only an 18 point victory over the hawks
#StuffHeatHatersSay

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jan 31, 2016, 09:35 PM