***The Official 2018-19 NBA Thread***
1543 replies
"adamprez2003 wrote:
picks second round
bucks in 6
raptors in 5
warriors in 7 (really want to take the rockets here but durant is in another zone)
blazers in 6
I’ll say Celtics in 6
Raps in 6
Warriors in 5 (maybe harden will shoot better than 33% for 1 game, but I could also see the warriors sweeping these scrubs)
Blazers in 6
"BevoPhin wrote:
I’ll say Celtics in 6
Raps in 6
Warriors in 5 (maybe harden will shoot better than 33% for 1 game, but I could also see the warriors sweeping these scrubs)
Blazers in 6
After watching bucks and celtics, I think the Celtics are going to wipe the floor with the bucks. I never seen a team take the entire season off and then in the last two weeks of the regular season turn it on and start to play at a Championship level. I mean they didn't have one stretch in the regular season where they looked this good. The way they locked down the Greek freak doesn't bode well for the Bucks


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
Dont know what to think of the Bucks Celtics anymore. Just going to watch and enjoy


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
Scott Van Pelt played clips on SC showing Hardens natural shooting motion on uncontested 3s vs shooting contested 3s.
Obviously he shoots for the foul rather than focusing on his form to make the basket when contested. Richard Jefferson also recently said Morey analyzes refs like a gambler does ( and like PWR does ) and feeds the info to the team to take advantage. Houston isn’t the only team to flop or play for the foul, the league is full of crap like this. Almost every team does it.
Is this a problem in the NBA that needs to be fixed? Isn’t this manipulating the game? Isn’t it BS? How would they even fix it, replay each foul after the whistle to see if the foul was legit? And give possession to the other team if they concluded that the player flopped?
"BevoPhin wrote:
Scott Van Pelt played clips on SC showing Hardens natural shooting motion on uncontested 3s vs shooting contested 3s.
Obviously he shoots for the foul rather than focusing on his form to make the basket when contested. Richard Jefferson also recently said Morey analyzes refs like a gambler does ( and like PWR does ) and feeds the info to the team to take advantage. Houston isn’t the only team to flop or play for the foul, the league is full of crap like this. Almost every team does it.
Is this a problem in the NBA that needs to be fixed? Yes
Isn’t this manipulating the game? Yes
Isn’t it BS? Yes
How would they even fix it, replay each foul after the whistle to see if the foul was legit? Replay after each foul would be torture. Games would be 4 hours long. You have to make the penalties severe like the NHL did to curb flopping/diving. The NHL gave 2 minute penalties. The NBA equivalent would be hitting a team with a tech and giving the other team 2 shots and possession.
And give possession to the other team if they concluded that the player flopped?
Answers above.
"Boik14 wrote:
Answers above.
A flopping timeout would be hilarious in the NBA.
I think there should be people in a room with monitors analyzing each foul quickly then sending word down to the refs that there was a flop.
"BevoPhin wrote:
A flopping timeout would be hilarious in the NBA.
I think there should be people in a room with monitors analyzing each foul quickly then sending word down to the refs that there was a flop.
A 4 or 5 point swing is enough of a deterrant i think. 2 shots and ball is exactly that.
In nyc. Wish I could see a nets or islanders or a knicks game. Too bad they all blow too hard.
"BevoPhin wrote:
In nyc. Wish I could see a nets or islanders or a knicks game. Too bad they all blow too hard.
Shaddup. I hope you get mugged :tongue2:
"Boik14 wrote:
Shaddup. I hope you get mugged :tongue2:
Lmao! These city boys don’t want these hands!
Woj bomb (i like the way this sounds)
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski said on Monday's episode of Get Up! that the Golden State Warriors organization is preparing for "possibly seismic change" this summer when Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson are free agents:
"Internally in Golden State, there's a sense of let's try to put aside what's coming in July. We have a chance to do something very rare in sports, to three-peat. Let's try to keep our focus there and win the title, then let July play out the way it's going to. But I think the Warriors are bracing for possibly seismic change within that organization."
"Boik14 wrote:
Woj bomb (i like the way this sounds)
Yes, please. Get them both out of there. Houston knocking them out might guarantee it.
I hope die hard warriors fans aren’t taking this season for granted.
"adamprez2003 wrote:
After watching bucks and celtics, I think the Celtics are going to wipe the floor with the bucks. I never seen a team take the entire season off and then in the last two weeks of the regular season turn it on and start to play at a Championship level. I mean they didn't have one stretch in the regular season where they looked this good. The way they locked down the Greek freak doesn't bode well for the Bucks
Say what???
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
I haven't watched much basketball in the past 2 years or so. Watching the Rockets and Warriors play looked more like a D-League, And1 tournament. Iso ball, step back threes, no transitional defense, flopping on long range jumpers.. Pure garbage. The 90's Heat and Knick teams would punch all of these fuckers in the mouth.
I've been weaning myself away from the NBA for a number years and think I'm completely done with the sport.
"Bumrush wrote:
I haven't watched much basketball in the past 2 years or so. Watching the Rockets and Warriors play looked more like a D-League, And1 tournament. Iso ball, step back threes, no transitional defense, flopping on long range jumpers.. Pure garbage. The 90's Heat and Knick teams would punch all of these ****ers in the mouth.
I've been weaning myself away from the NBA for a number years and think I'm completely done with the sport.
That’s nice. Goodbye.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"Bumrush wrote:
I haven't watched much basketball in the past 2 years or so. Watching the Rockets and Warriors play looked more like a D-League, And1 tournament. Iso ball, step back threes, no transitional defense, flopping on long range jumpers.. Pure garbage. The 90's Heat and Knick teams would punch all of these ****ers in the mouth.
I've been weaning myself away from the NBA for a number years and think I'm completely done with the sport.
It’s the 2nd best sport in the world. I love basketball. I just don’t like players choosing to have the refs decide games or flailing around like they’re made out of a paper bag. It’s a simple game, you score and stop them from scoring. All that extra crap is garbage.
"GARDENHEAD wrote:
That’s nice. Goodbye.
It’s a valid complaint. I love the game but they’ve really wimped it up. You have players resting in season, horrible refs, players that whine nonstop....and if you breathe near someone in an attempt to play physical defense it’s a T.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Houston Warriors barely started and already the bad calls are coming in. Charge called on Gordon where Durant isn't even close to having his feet set. Horrendous call and no way the ref needs to call that. Nonsense...
...If anything it should have been an and-1.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
KD is out for the rest of this series. This is Houston’s best chance at beating them. I’m praying they do. They really shit the bed by losing last night.
A bucks/raptors vs rockets/nuggets/blazers finals would be great. I’d personally want to see blazers vs raptors.
I'm firmly on-board the Bucks bandwagon. I've been keeping an eye on them and the TWolves for a few years as young teams that might do something. The Wolves have fallen over sideways but Giannis is the real deal and Coach Bud & co have built a roster that is performing well right down the bench, I'm genuinely happy to see a franchise that hasn't seen success in decades start to do something. Especially a more small market team. So I'd love to see them win it all this year.
If not, anyone but the Warriors really. A Houston victory at this stage would obviously guarantee that. If Houston fail, then can Denver or Portland beat the Warriors? I think Denver probably has the best chance but I wouldn't say it was a great chance. If they can at least put up a fight and drag out the series, then Golden State would face arrive at the finals not having played many games less than everyone else. Whereas the Bucks, if they get there, could end up arriving well rested.
So go Giannis! Win it all son!
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Looks like I’m gonna need Draymond to get ejected to hit on u14.5
I hate the Rockets for so many reasons, but I really feel bad for their fans. What a horrible way to get knocked outta the playoffs two years in a row. Not as horrible as the Saints. But real bad. Sorry Rockets guy. Truly.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
I believe that’s 4 of the last 5 years they’ve been knocked out by golden state. Houston is like the Indiana pacers of the Lebron heat era. I think this was their one chance unless GSW loses KD and Klay next year.
Also I just realized list night an underrated part of my team sucking - there’s no stress in 4th quarter closeout games anymore. I do not miss that feeling.
Cmon WolverinesRockets. Be a man.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin