1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official Detroit Pistons Basketball Thread ***

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Straz, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    Don't know if there are any other Piston fans on this board besides myself, so I'll start this thread and see if there are any.

Well, I was excited about the Pistons win last night over the Wizards, and A.I. looked great in his return to the Palace. Hopefully the Pistons can put on a fairly long streak of wins because as of right now the Cavs look like they will run away with the division.

Thoughts on Detroit? :knucks:

2. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    phunwin is a piston fan.

3. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    i think the piston FO sort of sacrificed this season for future benefits by trading billups

4. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    I think once this team gets used to playing with A.I. they will be a better team than what they were with Chauncy. The second half of this season is where I think the Pistons will show that they will be a serious title contender.

5. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    I think once this team gets used to playing with A.I. they will be a better team than what they were with Chauncy. The second half of this season is where I think the Pistons will show that they will be a serious title contender.

6. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    not sure about that man. chauncey was the leader of the team. we shall see how it shakes out. i think you guys get the 4th best record in the EC behind boston,orlando, and cleveland

7. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

Yes I am. :up:

I liked the Iverson-Billups deal; it seemed like there was a shakeup needed. However, it probably came a year or two later than it should have. The big concern I had with Detroit was that if plays broke down, there was nobody to improvise, nobody to put the offense on his back. AI obviously changed that, but they are definitely getting used to life with him.

But yes, they will almost certainly enter the playoffs 4th in the East.

8. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Would you rather have had Iverson or Lamar Odom+Jordan Farmar? With the first you get what you have now, with the second a legitimate PF and PG running their respective positions.

9. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

I think the Pistons are just fine at PF. In fact, there's an overabundance of talent at the big spots: Sheed, Maxiell, Johnson, McDyess.

Straz likes this.
  10. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Agreed, that is a very nice rotation to have especially if one of them gets in foul trouble.

11. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    A.I.