1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Dolphins vs Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Jan 3, 2010.

1. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Do YOU REALLY THINK that Chad Henne or Tyler Thigpen will win us a Super Bowl? ...

I don't.

2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Chad Henne, absolutely. Multiple. May I ask why you don't think so?

PhinsFanWife likes this.
  3. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Do you REALLY THINK that PW is a better passer than either Henne or Thigpen?

I don't (even before today's game)

BTW to answer your question, I think that one player doesn't win or lose you a super bowl, let alone get you there. FFS Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, and I'd rather have THigpen or Henne over Dilfer.

Rick 1966 and LandShark13 like this.
  4. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Aint that the truth :tongue2:

5. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

So you are saying we are going to be one of the 2 exceptions in the history of the NFL to win a Super Bowl with a crappy QB??? Classic...:lol:

Get real!!!

6. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    if white didnt get hurt we would have lost 27 - 10. we would not have scored. Shoot, we wouldnt have had 100 of total offense in the second half

7. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

We would have won had Pat White not gotten injured. They were just opening the offense up for him when it went down.

8. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    First of all I pray that White makes a fast recovery.
    Anybody that thinks we would have stood a chance in this game if he had stayed in, in my opinion, is very much overestimating his ability.

I don't dislike him, but I wish we had not selected him in the draft. People have been saying that he's great on his feet and a awesome athlete, but not cut out to be a pure pro QB but on the other hand saying that he's too light to take the hits that come with running the ball.

Which is it? If he can't pass or run in the pro game where does that leave him?

This injury is no fault of the front office, coaching staff or even Taylor. Pat White declared for the draft and he was picked up by the Dolphins. He was doing his job under a hell of a lot of pressure and a fluke play ended his game today but hopefully nothing more than that..

I hope he can find a place on the team to develop and become an important member of the team. There are a lot of ex-Qb's in the league playing other positions that can better utilize his skill set.

Speedy recovery to Pat White. Go Dolphins.

9. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    sorry, I dont see it..

10. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just remembered. Anyone else weirded out by Deirdorf constantly saying something was exploding all over something else in the game? "Lamarr Woodley just exploded all over Chad Henne." "The Dolphins are exploding all over the Steelers right now."

Gross.

11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Dude, I feel bad for Pat White and I pray he recovers and can continue his career...but give me a break. We weren't accomplishing anything in that game with him. However, Henne produced points as did Thigpen.

12. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I've deleted 21 posts from the last few pages.

Sorry if your legitimate post got deleted. Most of you didn't deserve it. The intent was to scrub the conversation.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  13. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Also, I would have to disagree with the idea that Pat White is a better player than Tyler Thigpen.

I've felt the opposite since we made that trade, and expressed as much. I've long felt Thigpen can do anything White can do...better. That he should have been the #2 once he got comfy. And I wished we could have traded for him rather than drafting White.

Thigpen has proven he can play in this league. We saw it for ourselves last year. White has looked small and overmatched for the most part. He still hasn't completed a pass. Getting KO'd has nothing to do with anything.

So again, I would strongly disagree. And I feel that the almost non-existent reps the backups get certainly plays a role in their performance. I mean, look how much better Henne looked from San Diego to Buffalo.

14. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I want to thank the Miami Dolphins organization for another entertaining year, though things didn't end on a positive note we can't but feel we are heading into the right direction.
    I want to send my prayers and thoughts out to Pat White as he recovers from today's injury. I look forward to some changes later this year before preseason, and I am hopeful that the organization realizes we can no longer contend without a number one receiver. I also look forward to the topics that we are will be talking about in the coming months like the draft and free agency, hopefully we can trade Ginn for something instead of cutting him out right.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  15. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    agree totally
    thigpen came in and had two nice drives for tds and looked pretty poised and comfy back there
    not bad for a guy who didnt get under center all season
    he made a bad decision on the pick but to me still
    solid #2 next year IMO

16. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Not being disrepectful, but we don't have half the Defense that the Ravens did that year...

When we get one of those then we can go to the dance...with Henne or Thigpen...

17. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Well said Muck. I couldn't agree more.

Hopefully, the FO will start to see it that way now too.

18. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Of course, which backs up my point. One player does not make a team a Super Bowl caliber team. It doesn't matter who starts as the QB next year, until we get some weapons around him, and a very good defense, we'll be watching the Super Bowl on tv every season.

Dolphins fans should know this better than any other fan in the NFL. We had Dan Marino, and never sniffed the Super Bowl since 1984.

19. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I do. Superbowls have been won with much worse QBs than Chad Henne.

20. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Maybe he's saying he doesn't consider Henne a crappy QB.

21. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    If you watched the PC Sporano said they called 6 pass plays for White and he ran the ball on 4 out of 6 of them. The kid was obviously lost out there not sure how you figure us comming out with a W under those circumstances.

He has alot of heart but he is not destined to be a QB in this league.

22. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    [

I totally agree. I feel bad for him and it was unfortunate he took so vicious of a hit. I could only hope he recovers fully. On a football level you have to wonder what this did to his psyche though. Its obvious he was drafted for his legs not his arm so I cant ever see him being a starter in this league.

When it was suggested in earlier posts to make White a WR I thought it was a crazy idea. Now i`m thinking it might not be a bad idea. No opposing defense will ever respect his throwing abilities, or lack of,so something has to be done. But,right now his well being is first and foremost.