1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official give some love to Davone Bess thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Puka-head, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I never doubted it for a minute I was extremely happy to hear we'd signed him the day after the draft Me and Freestyle built the Davone Bess bandwagon and it is stopping soon in a town near you. We made it plenty big so bring some Pu-Pu's and a frosty Heinekin and hop aboard!

Miami Dolphins receiver Davone Bess improves - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com
    Was looking for pictures in action but couldn't find any, feel free to add some if you've got them.
    And all you haters, give it up for a kid nobody else wanted, livin the dream!!!:up:

baboo72, SICK, azfinfanmang and 5 others like this.
  2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

baboo72, SICK, Puka-head and 3 others like this.
  3. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Well hate to say I told you so but..........................

I think it's about time they gave Bess a long term deal, this kid has proved himself time and time again. Everyone was hating on his punt returning "he didn't ask to go there, the coach wanted him there".

I wanted Bess in Miami ever since I saw him play in Hawaii..ask Aqua he will tell you how I boasted him left and right.

All this kid does is make plays and as I said he will make something out of nothing.

It's funny how people hate on him and trash him on punt returns. Well keep hating on a guy that is busting his butt and making plays.

Puka and I been reppin' this Kid the whole time and we always will.

Give Bess a long term contract!!! He deserves it.:up:

djphinfan, Straz, SICK and 3 others like this.
  4. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    You don't give a long-term contract after the kid's first year, primarily because you just don't have to. We will re-sign him sure, but give it time before we blast money we can use elsewhere for a couple years. It's not like he's going to run like Welker, unless we're a mediocre team.

Straz likes this.
  5. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    He is doing a great job. He catches the ball away from his body, great hands and he always looking to break one. How can you not love this guy? The front office did a fine job signing him. Looking forward to see him play every week.

Puka-head and azfinfanmang like this.
  6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    He's doing a great job filling in for camarillo. I was pretty excited signing him, maybe not as excited as you two :lol: but i thought he had potential, and as "awful" as the WR position appeared for this team prior to the season, we needed all the help he can get. Im impressed by his route running, his ability to get open, and his hands. He seems to pretty much catch everything, he's not shying away from contact like some, he makes the catch, and turns upfield. Hard to believe he's an undrafted rookie they way he's been playing. Think he's only going to get better too now with the extra playing time he's getting. I would definitely be looking at locking him up at least for a couple more years to keep the development process going

by the way, theres a few pics of him from yesterday scattered through the thread here:
    http://forums.thephins.com/miami-dolphins-forum/22561-dolphins-bills-toronto-game-pics-updated.html

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Best WR currently on the roster.

AND the FO has found another gem in the rough. This kid has all the tools needed to have a very nice long career in the NFL. Hopefully it is predominantly with the Phins.

Straz likes this.
  8. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    who was hating on Bess? everyone has been drooling over him since the pre-season.

9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I can't believe he wasn't drafted, what a steal.

10. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    His hands are like a leather magnet.

11. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    I bought his authentic jersey

12. AllianceCollect

AllianceCollect The Beautiful Mrs. AC....

Mar 25, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Having the pleasure to work on College Football games, I was thrilled when I heard he was on the Phins radar. I knew how he was simply form all the highlights I cut of him. :)

Sorry I don't have the link, but I read recently in an article that there were several other teams with better offers, but he thought that Miami was the best place for him to make an impact. Boy was he right there....

If I find the link, I'll post it.

Puka-head likes this.
  13. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    Davone Bess is an absolute stud.

14. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

There were a few other teams interested. I can second that story. I remember reading it as well. Probably from the same article.

AllianceCollect likes this.
  15. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    I'd like to know how much of a factor, if any, Parcells had to do with his decision of coming to miami.

Of course miami having a weak receiving core at the time was a factor...but I already have the feeling that players want to play for the Tuna, and now Sparano is already starting to make his name around

16. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Davone Bess is gonna make a real impact on our team for years to come as a slot receiver. Here is my love Devone <3. :P

17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He's the balck wes welker,he needs to be in the slot, hopefully next year he will be able to stay at his position. once defenses start to get a read on this guy things could get tough for him...one thing that i know for sure about Davone, you can't tell the difference between the first quarter and the 4th quarter when it comes to his hustle...the man is relentless in his stamina, defenses may be able to defend him for periods of time during the game, but with his special body type he will eventually break you.

18. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

All the accolades are good, but I still think if this were the beginning of the season instead of the last quarter, we'd be asking too much from him. I just don't believe he can last a whole season taking the pounding he takes...He's really small and gets hit hard a lot...He's no Camarillo, but we're lucky to have him anyway...but you have to worry about him being nicked up before we get into the playoffs...

djphinfan likes this.