1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Heisman Thread

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Skeet84, Dec 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    StiffArmTrophy.com: projecting the winner of the most outstanding football player trophy since 2002

This website actually gets as many of the voters as they can to tell them who they voted for. Very interesting. Looks like it will come down to the wire.

I would also ask everyone to make a ballot of the top three players of your choice which does not have to include any finalists. Also a prediction of who you think will win.

Just thought this would be fun

*edit*

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../12/11/mandel.heisman.pick/index.html?eref=T1

http://www.heisman.com/

2. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    If I had a vote for the Heisman, I would vote for Sam Bradford.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    my vote would be for bradford......but jesus how is harrell not a finalist!??!? thats a joke.....i thought there was always 4 finalist.....did andrian peterson get like 4th one yr? i think its tragic the kid doesnt atleast get recognized as a finalist.....jmo

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Mccoy has better #'s rushing and passing than Tebow and beat Bradford heads up. Hard to argue agianst him.

5. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The finalist supposedly just go by the total number of votes. I think the votes were in last week and after they have the votes then they invite the finalists. In fact, I think the committee already knows who won. I could be wrong.

SICK likes this.
  6. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

He does not have the leadership of Tebow at all and I already started this argument in another thread. Colt Mcoy has more than 125 more attempts passing than Tebow and Tebow has a better Pass average. Tebow is also apart of the best passing AND running team in the country. I am also so sorry that Tebow has a defense so good that other teams dont even have much of a chance to score and he leaves somewhere in the 3rd or 4th qtr.

Hard to argue againist that :up:

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Why? Because Tebow yells "lets get'm" to his ST and defense?? Tebow is not even an 1/8th of the passer Mccoy is. The whole UF offense is based on gimmicks and trick plays. Put him in Texas or Oklahoma's offense and they are not as good because he cant throw like those guys.

If you dont believe me just watch the ceremony in a week, then write a letter pleading your case to the voter's.

I like tebow he runs THAT offense better than anyone could, but no way does he win the heisman.

8. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Really? How many Texas games have you watched? He throws two yards off the LOS scrimmage. Thats a better passer than Tebow? Really? Florida's offense is not based on gimmicks and trick plays. Florida just trys to get their playmakers in space and make plays. Tebow makes alot of plays in the option game and gets little credit for the hits he takes and perfect pitches he makes. Put him iin Texas offense or Oklahoma and i think he puts up the same numbers. Tebow also did his best work v.s. the best defense in the biggest game of the year without his biggest playmaker. :wink2:

9. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Doubt any non UF fan will agree with that.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    No biggie Skeet, Im sure I will be as blinded as you are when Pryor is going to NY.

Tebow is a great player and a great person, just doesnt deserve the heisman this year.

Stitches likes this.
  11. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Nice arguement. :pity:

12. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

He does deserve the heisman this year however two other guys do too

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Not trying to "argue" its obvious you are too much of a homer to have a conversation.

Anything short of "Tebow for heisman" "the sec is the best" "Florida is the greatest" you dont wanna discuss. Its either agree with Skeet or you must not know what your talking about.

Im sorry I dont think Tebow will win the heisman...
    Im sorry the SEC is not the best conference this year...
    Im sorry I dont think a loss to Ole miss is a good loss...
    Im sorry I dont think Tebow could perform in those off.....
    Im sorry my glasses I see through are Aqua and Orange not Orange and blue.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I say why not? I don't think you can go wrong with Tebow, McCoy or Bradford this year. Look where Tebow's team is.

15. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Fair or not you should be heads and above the rest to win 2heisman's, and Tebow is up there with those guys no question but "up there" is as far as it should go.

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    What does last years heisman trophy have to do with this years? Completely new season.

17. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Nothing really I think many agree that you have to do more than be in the running to get two. Most people do not believe Tebow will win and Im one of them....no need to nail me to a cross when I share a majority opinion.

18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Whose nailing you? You shared an opinion and I shared mine. I respect yours.

I don't believe he will win either, however what I was referring to was your comment on him "not deserving it." I say, why doesn't he deserve it? Because he won it last year? I think he deserves it just as much as McCoy and Bradford. Look where his team is, yes I know he didn't do it all alone but he was a major part of it. His team is playing in the championship game, I think he deserves it just as much as the next two.

19. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

His numbers are not as good, he has maybe the real best player in CFB in Harvin, he runs gimmicky style of an offense. And Bradford has better #'s and look where his team is at.

Just my opinion.

20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    *I* wouldn't call Harvin the best player in CFB, I think the guy we're discussing here, Tebow, is a better player than him. I don't understand how its a gimmick offense, he throws short passes in a spread offense and then lets his young, playmakers make plays in space and goes deep at times. Bradford does indeed have better numbers, Bradford has also thrown 174 more passes. Bradford's team is exactly in the same spot as Tebow's.

21. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    He has what one career passing TD under center?? AS a passer he is not even close, he throws ducks that will get INT'd at the next level Bradford and Mccoy are better QB's and having better seasons.

Tebow fits into that system well but if you ask me thats it.

22. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    What? What does that have to do with what we were talking about?

We're not talking about him as a pro prospect.

They are better QB's, no doubt, no where did I say they weren't. Bradford is having a better season, I'd argue that McCoy isn't.

Tebow has thrown 107 less passes than McCoy and has only 4 less touchdowns passing while he has 40 total touchdowns and McCoy has 42. However, McCoy also has 7 interceptions opposed to Tebow's 2.

Again to clarify, I'm arguing that Tebow deserves to win the Heisman just as much as Bradford or McCoy. You said he doesn't "deserve it." I disagree.

He does fit into the spread offense well, it may be the only offense he fits in. We'll see. However, a) I don't see how its a gimmick offense and b) what does him fitting into the spread offense have to do with this? We're talking about his heisman chances, not his ability to run other systems.

SICK and Skeet84 like this.
  23. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I simply fight for my Opinion and I am sorry if you don't like it. I do respect other opinions tho

Sorry you can't see past your hate for the SEC or the Florida Gators

What does one career TD under center or how well he will perform in the NFL affect the Heisman trophy? I don't understand that at all. You keep mentioning that Tebow has worse stats and no one is disagreeing with you. However if you look at the number they have thrown way more passes than Tebow and Tebow has left early in ALOT of blowouts unlike the other QB's.

24. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Interesting map on espn .Its a fan vote which doesnt count

ESPN.com Poll Results by State

Ohio State and Michigan only states in the East who voted for someone other than Tebow .

Skeet84 likes this.
  25. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Thanks buddy! :hi5:

There goes the idea that the MAJORITY don't think Tebow deserves the Heisman

26. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I'll have no issues if Tebow gets it. I think top to bottom the SEC is a tougher defensive conference which counts for something, and as stated Tebow leaves a lot of games early.

That said I'll have no issue if one of the other two gets it either.

27. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Congrats to Sam Bradford.

alen1 likes this.
  28. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Bradford won.I cant argue with that.In fact I couldnt argue with any of the three candidates had they won .

alen1 likes this.
  29. Rickster

Rickster New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Good watch, loved the background history lessons on all three. Kind of made me wish they all could have won!

CrunchTime likes this.
  30. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    congrats to sam bradford

31. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    GUess all the voters were from the big ten...

Congrats to Bradford though even though I feel Mccoy shouldve gotten it.

32. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Nope. What killed Tebow was 2nd place votes. He had more 1st place votes than anyone else.

Congrats to Sam Bradford on a wonderful year. :up:

33. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

It would be awesome to see who voted for who..but it will never happen.

34. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Bro I do not hate either..the SEC is just not the best conference in my opinion and Tebow is not the best player...

Just because my opinion is not the same doesnt mean I hate anything or anybody.

I DO hate the 0-9 record though....:cry:

35. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

I guess you could say the same to you