1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official I dont give a **** about sucking for luck F T J! game night thread

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by Zeke0123, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Never done a gameday thread and this will be my first and last but screw all this suck for luck bull**** its the jets and I want the Dolphins to torpedo their ****ing season.

2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I appreciate the venom toward the Jets, as always, but I'd rather secure Andrew Luck and torpedo the Jets' entire DECADE than torpedo this one season for the Jets.

Kanye West, Boik14, Moves and 12 others like this.
  4. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Actually I believe the Clevend gd thread was made on a Monday or Tuesday, so this is progression.

5. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    That's no torpedo, that would be dropping the damn A-Bomb on them.....maybe twice, depends on how Luck progresses as a pro. :wink2:

6. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Who knows how its going to play out but we came close to 0-16 once I dont want to do that again...2-14 with 2 wins VS the jets should be good enough and the Pats will do another first round exit so I will be able to enjoy the off season.

7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Honestly...is the prospect of going 0-16 the same as it used to be, now that the Lions have done it?

I mean, I'll admit...that Ravens overtime win...that was the most joy I've ever felt for any Dolphins win in my whole life. Going 0-16 was THAT scary a prospect to me. I knew we were bad, but I didn't want to be the worst ever. Plus, let's face it, there was no Andrew Luck at that time.

But now the Lions went 0-16 in 2008, and three short years later, they're 5-0 and steamrolling their way to the playoffs and perhaps even a division title.

Nowadays, 0-16 just isn't that scary a result anymore. Bad is bad. I'm starting to question the validity of there being a difference between 0-16 and 3-13.

8. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Yes, yes it is. Just because some other organization accomplished such a horrible indignity, you should not lower the standards of what you want from your organization in a blind act of who cares. I would never want this organization to be WINLESS. It's just not worth it!

If your friend jumped off the brooklyn bridge would you?? (Don't we all love our Mom's for tossing the beautiful line into our consciousness :lol:)

Mile High Fin and Coral Reefer like this.
  9. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I just can't see it. I just can't see this team going 0-16 or 1-15 and even then losing enough that we get a guy like Andrew Luck. Matt Barkley, Landry Jones I can see but Luck?.. Colts have to start winning some games and St. Louis has to pull 3-4 wins.

10. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    0-16 isn't just bad.
    It's the cream of the crop of bad.
    It's bad perfected on the highest level.
    It's a level of ineptness that cannot be surpassed.

Some of you guys are really killing me with this.
    If you are ok with the team sinking to that level of atrociousness that's your choice.
    Don't sit here and insult people though by trying to rationalize that hitting such a milestone as being a winless team "isn't that bad". LOL.

Jesus man give me a break.

Also, seeing as only 2 teams in the entire history of the NFL have gone winless, I find it odd so many of you think it's necessary for us to go winless to get the 1st pick.

11. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    It's pretty bad but I don't expect to be there. I think we'll pull off a win against one or the worse off teams, maybe mediocre teams later on in the schedule. Perhaps Philly later in the year will be a win or something around weeks 11-14. It all depends on who the Rams and the Colts beat. By the way if the Rams do get Luck #1 overall, who trades up to get him. Indy won't. The Jags?

St. Louis by the way has really two shots at home to win a game with Arizona and Seattle, and perhaps Cinncy late in the year. They really suck and they're going to be strong competition down the stretch, really strong competition.

12. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Suffice it to say, I am on the 1-win then begin the Luck Sweepstakes bandwagon. I would rather secure the 1st Win of the season then guarantee any Andrew Luck drafting.

So who's with me...."1-win then begin"....that's the motto!

:lol:

13. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    1 win then begin sounds good to me, just not until they have to. I think they might actually come out strong, we might be surprised. I'm kinda sick of this loser SFL attitude though and it's week 5.

14. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    I don't like the Jets,wait to mild, I dislike the Jets, nope still to mild, I hate the jets, not quite there yet...I LOATHE the JETS, yep that's about right...

Monday Nite starts the new season for us, we lost 4, so we got the losses out of the way, here is the new beginning of 2011...Jets were coming to your backyard and were pissing all over it.....GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

Screw the Number 1 pick, were comin for ya Sanchez, so Rex Ryan get your box of donuts ready to wallow in after the game,,,,,,,

J.E.T.S______J.E.T.S_______SUCK SUCK SUCK.......................

Dolfan4Life and The G Man like this.
  15. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    eh...Id still rather go 1-15 with a win monday....

Boik14 likes this.
  16. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    2-14 with both wins against the Jets would be the greatest 2-14 season ever.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  17. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout! Leave it to my bro FreeStyle to bring some sense to the mains! You go boy!!! :knucks:

18. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Plus, the Jets are going nowhere anyway. Their offense is worse than last year, and their defense is really struggling against the run. I say they go 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs, with the Bills taking their spot in 2nd place.

19. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Painter will win them a couple of games

20. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Rooting for a loss is as stupid as it gets.

steveincolorado likes this.
  21. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Somebody Please Make an Official DOLPHINS/jets Gameday Thread!

I'm not worthy.

J-E-T-S SUCK, SUCK, SUCK!!!!!!!!!

22. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GH Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Why can't this be it? Or didn't someone already make one about 10 days ago?

24. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Rooting for 3-13 or 4-12 and not getting the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning is as stupid as it gets. Think about it. 1 year of sucktitude for potentially 15 years of great QB play. I think every scout, college football fan and front office person known to man would eat crow if Luck wasnt a future multi-year Pro Bowl QB who was among the top 2-3 QB's of his era. Luck is the first QB to receive a 99 grade from Scouts Inc since Manning. The consolation prizes, Barkley and Jones arent bad but really Luck is as close to a sure thing as it gets. This isnt someone who will need 3 years to develop. This is someone who right now is probably better then at least 75% of the QB's in the league imo.

I dont think anyone here is "rooting for a loss" so much as everyone wants us to win. And the quickest way to a winning future is to secure the best QB. It starts there. Unless you think we will reel off 12 in a row with Matt Moore starting, I dont see where SFL is stupid. Its about Super Bowls and Matt Moore isnt winning one for us.

25. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    "1 win then begin (1WTB movement)"...fine with that....I would be more bummed going 0-16 and selling the collective soul of the franchise for something not guaranteed in reality. 1 win, then fine...rock and roll with the SFL movement.

The sooner we secure the 1st win...the more comfortable I will feel in whatever happens after that.

I want my cake and will then eat it too!:tongue2:

26. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Im not rooting for a loss. All I'm rooting for is for our guys to go out there give it their all and above all else just have fun. Win or lose just have fun.