1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE OFFICIAL "If we take Tim Tebow" THREAD

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by GISH, Jan 29, 2010.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Your worst nightmare has just taken a step forward into reality. With Rolando McClain still on the board, the Miami Dolphins select Florida quarterback Tim Tebow with the #12 overall selection in the 2010 NFL Draft.

1. Describe your emotions. Do you feel angry? betrayed? numb? raped?

2. How do we justify this move, to allow ourselves to continue to have faith in this regime? Do we rally around this move, and believe Tebow can be a game changer for us? Do we chalk it up to a crazy new scheme that Tebow will secretly learn, before unleashing mayhem all over the NFL? How do we cope with the dumbest move since drafting Pat White? Which was the dumbest move since drafting Ted Ginn. Which was the dumbest move since drafting Jason Allen. Which was the dumbest move since trading for Culpepper over Brees. Which was the dumbest move since trading a 2nd round pick for AJ Feeley. Which was the dumbest move since drafting Eddie Moore over Anquan Boldin. Which pretty much sums up the past decade of Dolphins football. How do we cope after we draft Tim Tebow?

ASUFinFan and JimToss like this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I will hope for the best but feel alot like I did with the Pat White pick....pissed.

gunn34 likes this.
  3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    If we get enough people to voice against this, maybe we can forward this to Jeff Ireland before the draft, just in case.

4. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    lose faith in the triage

5. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Drive my car off a bridge.

No, seriously though, I'd probably just hang myself instead.

finz810 likes this.
  6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    A) they have no intention of taking Tebow, you don't have to worry about it....that would mean they would be carrying 4 QB's all getting paid starter money...never happens.....

B) Ireland wouldn't care if we forwarded this to him....he doesn't make decisions based on what the fans think, nor should he....

gafinfan likes this.
  7. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Look man, I didn't know I had to use the Triage Bandages the first time around, and the second and third times I had too many critically wounded come through to get to them all.

(This will make sense to anyone who has played World Of Warcraft)

Starry31 and Trowa like this.
  8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Interestingly enough, I would feel EXACTLY like I did 3 years ago when they took Ginn with Willis still in the block :pity:

Xeticus and finyank13 like this.
  9. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    If we took Tebow at #12 with McClain still on the board I would not be a Dolphins fan any longer. That's how much I hate Tebow. ROLL TIDE ROLL!

10. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    ...I will club a baby seal.

finyank13 and GISH like this.
  11. Dolfan330

Dolfan330 My wein is so chaffed...

Jan 25, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Stop it! You just opened up old wounds. :sad:

12. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

Im with SeanP

13. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I'd %%&^%(%(^ ****** &&&&& ))))))(*^)*&*&T)*&)*&T*&T

Just the thought of it pisses me off.

14. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    No season tickets for the first time since I was 4 years old. Seriously. I'd be that pissed.

15. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I grab a pitchfork with an alligator head speared on the end and head for Davie.

GISH likes this.
  16. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    No way this happens. But yeah, I'd be pissed. UNLESS we turned around and traded him to Jax for some sort of Sims-Walker/future 1st round pick, which is also just as unlikely.

17. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    After the season that Chad Henne had in only his first year, and the fact that we have a great back up in Thigpen to keep him honest, I'd be furious. Maybe I could slightly justify it if Henne had a John Becklike first season, but even then I think there would be better options at QB than Tebow.

I've supported every move this regime has made in the QB department. But I would not, and could not support this. No matter what their justification was.

18. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It depends on where we take him. Quite frankly, from pick four and beyond, I could care less. In the first two rounds, however, I wouldn't even know what to do to keep my sanity.

19. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    It's not happening Gish.... don't cause unnecessary panic. Stop being silly...

20. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Fixed

21. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    You'll see my murder trial on C-Span

22. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    I call shotgun.

What are you talking about? Nerd..

psst.. It was kind of tough the first time but just a matter of prioritizing and being in a position to click everyone. By the time your seventh alt does it it's cake.

23. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Drafting Tim Elbow would be worse than drafting White!!!

There is absolutely no scenario like this ever going to happen though. Not in the first round for sure.

If he gets passed the Jags in the first round it could be a long time until he gets picked.

I would be absolutely outraged if this happened (we all know it wont). He is not going to be a good NFL Qb anytime soon. He will most likely suck for a while...

24. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    Gainesville Florida
    No way we take him but I'm also sure he will complete 100 passes and score 10 TDs as a NFL QB before Pat White does.

(Which is maybe not fair since there is a good chance that White will never complete 50 passes)

I'm also 110% sure that Tim Tebow will outdo Pat White's 4 for 10 passing in his Senior Bowl.

(again, not really fair)

25. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Probably true but taking him would be far more of a disaster now than White was a year ago.

That would be insane to do and like we both said, aint happening.

26. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Honestly, I don't know that anything could piss me off more than I was when Ginn's name was called in '07. And, yes I was one of the many who wanted Brady Quinn. So what. I was also extremely disappointed when Pat White was picked last year (still am really), but that's another story. Point is, I'm already numb. I really don't think anything would surprise me anymore. But, yeah I guess I would pretty much lose all faith in this FO if that were to happen. Hopefully it won't, but you never know.

Honestly, I think two things are gonna happen come draft day...1) McClain won't be on the board when we pick. And 2) the pick at #12 is gonna probably surprise everyone. Just seems to be the MO of this FO. They zig when everyone else thinks they're gonna zag. But, to take Tewbow at #12? Man, I hope this FO ain't that stupid (or crazy). But, now, and thanks to Gish, well...maybe I'll be a little better prepared for it if it does happen. :lol:

PS: Tewbow at #43 might be far more likely. Still, I would hope not.

27. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Drafting Tebow would set this franchise back another 5-10 years.

28. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I actually got it on my third try overall, but it did tick me off the first time I failed when using bandages wasn't working :lol: Aaah the sweet days of being a noob

29. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    "If we take Tim Tebow"

1)Drive down to CVS
    2)Purchase a box of double edge razor blades
    3)Return home
    4)Draw up a hot bath
    5)PUT ON A DVD OF MARINOS GREATEST PLAYS
    6)GO TO SLEEP FOREVER

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  30. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Not happening, not even going to think about it.

31. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I guarantee you that Tebow will NOT reach 10 touchdowns in a season. Ever. Unless a team is stupid enough to start him, then I guarantee he wont reach 10 career wins as a starter.

32. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    You would say bye bye to Ted Ginn and Pat White they would be traded off instantly for more picks.

33. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    You know, in all seriousness I gotta say this...I do think Tewbow will find success in the NFL. To what degree, or level is TBD. But, to anyone that thinks he is gonna be a total bust, I respectfully disagree. The kid just has too much passion and raw talent. If he lands with the right team/coach, I think he could be great. Certainly good at the very least. But, no sir...not a bust. Not IMHO.

gafinfan likes this.
  34. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    OK, wait a minute...I might be starting to get on board with this idea. :wink2:

35. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    The thing is...IMO he has no raw talent. All due respect to your opinion of course. I may be wrong, I've been wrong before.

However his arm strength is suspect. He has poor accuracy. His mechanics are terrible. He's not "fast" he isnt "shifty" he isnt powerful enough to bowl over NFL linebackers like he does in college.

I dont see what he brings to the table at all.

The G Man likes this.
  36. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    First 48 over here.

37. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    How about we cross that rickety bridge when we come to it, hopefully we won't have to follow that path. But for grins and giggles I would go the Will Smith route in Seven Pounds and swim with the Jellies.

38. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    As a Gator hater, believe it or not, I completely agree with you. 100%. He's a hard enough worker with a ton of tools and too much passion to flat out bust. Tim Tebow is just a football player. It's just not a risk I'd be willing to take at #12 overall with a ton of better players on the board probably at positions we need to get better at.

gafinfan and The G Man like this.
  39. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    I hear what you're saying Alex, and it's all good bro. I mean, who knows...you may be right. But, the only thing I will say is if that were true, do you think the guy would've racked up all the stats/awards/accolades he did in college? I know it's a different playing field, the NFL as compared to NCAA, but still...you gotta give the kid some credit...no?

And, if nothing else, he's a winner. That has to count for something IMHO. Just sayin'.

Alex44 likes this.
  40. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    What is wrong with you?! :lol: