***The Official Miami Dolphins 2020 3-Day Draft Thread***
1351 replies
"hitman8 wrote:
Keep defending the FO, god knows they have done such a great job in Miami for so many years.
Ill demand they be fired when and if the players play and then suck. Now? Chill. Seriously. Go have a drink or 30, you're just raging here tonight.
Honestly don't understand why 75% of you folks are even fans of this team? There are 31 other teams out there. 100% negativity because people who get paid much money to do a job pick guys you (internet experts) don't like?
"texanphinatic wrote:
You are literally doing and arguing the exact opposite of what you stated.
Put it this way.
Everyone feels a certain way about our picks whether it's good or bad.
I'm obviously capable of liking our picks because I like Jackson.
I want the other guys to succeed, but that doesnt stop me from having an opinion on whether what we did was right or wrong.
Trust me I'd love to be wrong. I hope Tua puts up Marino numbers. I hope this guy is Revis Island 2.0
That doesnt mean my evaluation of our strategy is glowing. I'm trying to look objectively, not just best case.
"USArmyFinFan wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, hard to win a game when you can't pass the ball. Run defense was addressed in free agency, might have a better pass rush then some think.
Yeah, isn't there two main concepts regarding coverage and pass rush. 1. You either need to create a quick pass rush so your backfield players won't have to cover as long. 2. Cover long enough to allow the pass rush to get there.
I mean, Yannick is still available and we have a ton of ammo, or let the guys we have work, and draft a premier pass rusher next year with one of our two 1st Rd picks.
"hitman8 wrote:
No mock anywhere had him going before the end of the 2nd round at best. He is a reach, every scouting report on him says he is raw and in need of lots of development, that is not the type of guy you pick in the 1st round when there were multiple other better players on the board who could come in and start right away at positions of actual need.
It's a good thing Flores' like #1 thing is developing CBs quickly. He turned Nick Needham into serviceable. Imagine what he can do with actual talent.
Since I was on WalterFootball I checked and they had him at 42. That's a mid-round 2nd, we took him *12* spots ahead of that. IT'S OK!!!!
Like, you do know that the league doesn't hand GM's a list that says "Here is the ranking of prospects, just pick these in order" right?
"Lt Dan wrote:
Honestly don't understand why 75% of you folks are even fans of this team? There are 31 other teams out there. 100% negativity because people who get paid much money to do a job pick guys you (internet experts) don't like?
I have been a dolphins fan since I was 11 years old. They are like family to me by now. If you see a family member doing stupid shit you call them out for it.
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
Put it this way.
Everyone feels a certain way about our picks whether it's good or bad.
I'm obviously capable of liking our picks because I like Jackson.
I want the other guys to succeed, but that doesnt stop me from having an opinion on whether what we did was right or wrong.
Trust me I'd love to be wrong. I hope Tua puts up Marino numbers. I hope this guy is Revis Island 2.0
That doesnt mean my evaluation of our strategy is glowing. I'm trying to look objectively, not just best case.
You basically invited everyone here to blow you when Tua fails. Stop the nonsense, loser.
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
You basically invited everyone here to blow you when Tua fails. Stop the nonsense, loser.
I'm not here to fight with you using grade school insults. Either talk evaluations of players or stop quoting me.
Also I dont believe I used the term blow me. You're leaving out all the context of why I said what I did, so nice try.
"hitman8 wrote:
I have been a dolphins fan since I was 11 years old. They are like family to me by now. If you see a family member doing stupid **** you call them out for it.
When family members just bitch and moan just to bitch and moan they get asked to find something better to do.
"hitman8 wrote:
Fastest cornerback in the draft? WTF are you talking about? He ran a 4.48, he is not even in the top ten for fastest CB in the draft.
He is a massive reach at probably the position of less need on the entire team. There much better players available and at positions of actual need.
If they really wanted this guy they could also have waited to the second or third and still got him.
Think about this. If he is a projected high 2nd round pick the cost difference is negligible moving up to 30. But the team gets the 5tth year option with a first round pick giving them one more year at rookie prices. So if the Phins thought he was worth a 35-39th pick, and thought other teams ahead of them (like the Vikings who picked a CB right after the Phins) might snag him, the 5th year option could be worth millions to the team
"texanphinatic wrote:
It's a good thing Flores' like #1 thing is developing CBs quickly. He turned Nick Needham into serviceable. Imagine what he can do with actual talent.
Since I was on WalterFootball I checked and they had him at 42. That's a mid-round 2nd, we took him *12* spots ahead of that. IT'S OK!!!!
Like, you do know that the league doesn't hand GM's a list that says "Here is the ranking of prospects, just pick these in order" right?
Nick needham was undrafted, if you want a developmental guy, you dont draft them in the first round.
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
I'm not here to fight with you using grade school insults. Either talk evaluations of players or stop quoting me.
Also I dont believe I used the term blow me. You're leaving out all the context of why I said what I did, so nice try.
"So how long does Tua have to suck before I can laugh at everyone who is happy right now? Because I guarantee it.
Hes useless as an NFL prospect and literally possesses NOTHING you want in a QB.
Hopefully Grier gets fired before the next pick."
Can anyone else translate that?
"hitman8 wrote:
Nick needham was undrafted, if you want a developmental guy, you dont draft them in the first round.
Nick Needham isn't going to be on this team in 2021
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
Nick Needham isn't going to be on this team in 2021
Why wouldn't he be? He could be CB 6 in 2021
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
"So how long does Tua have to suck before I can laugh at everyone who is happy right now? Because I guarantee it.
Hes useless as an NFL prospect and literally possesses NOTHING you want in a QB.
Hopefully Grier gets fired before the next pick."
Can anyone else translate that?
Yeah, I believe it was a really bad pick.
Dont like it? Talk football. The personal insults are childish. Grow up. 100% certain youd never behave this way in real life because there would be actual consequences to your actions.
So do me a favor and act like we were all talking in person.
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
Put it this way.
Everyone feels a certain way about our picks whether it's good or bad.
I'm obviously capable of liking our picks because I like Jackson.
I want the other guys to succeed, but that doesnt stop me from having an opinion on whether what we did was right or wrong.
Trust me I'd love to be wrong. I hope Tua puts up Marino numbers. I hope this guy is Revis Island 2.0
That doesnt mean my evaluation of our strategy is glowing. I'm trying to look objectively, not just best case.
Fair enough, we don't have to jump for joy for every single pick. But some people seem ready to light themselves on fire that we picked a guy with raw but huge talent. Like, it's ok, step back from that ledge.
We still have 3 more picks coming tomorrow, and a boatload Saturday. Let's let the rest of things play out.
We aren't filling every single need this draft. We are adding talent, and this kid has it, and we have a coach who seems able to maximize it, quickly. The way this draft has gone, it seems less like he would have been around at 39 than some of these safeties, exactly none of which were selected. It's obvious that our staff valued Noah at this point over the likes of Winfield or McKinney. That mocks may have had McKinney going first doesn't mean we reached, it means they may have overvalued McKinney.
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
"So how long does Tua have to suck before I can laugh at everyone who is happy right now? Because I guarantee it.
Hes useless as an NFL prospect and literally possesses NOTHING you want in a QB.
Hopefully Grier gets fired before the next pick."
Can anyone else translate that?
It's spoiled rotten brat for I didn't get what I wanted so I'm going to do my best to make everyone else miserable too. Poor poor me. I hate you too!
Also known as American Standard English 2000's edition.
"hitman8 wrote:
Nick needham was undrafted, if you want a developmental guy, you dont draft them in the first round.
You do if you want ones with talent. We drafted a guy who could be an elite CB. Needham will never be that.
"hitman8 wrote:
Nick needham was undrafted, if you want a developmental guy, you dont draft them in the first round.
There are different levels of development players, by that logic the draft might only be 5 to 10 picks as the rest could all be considered developmental picks.

"Puka-head wrote:
It's spoiled rotten brat for I didn't get what I wanted so I'm going to do my best to make everyone else miserable too. Poor poor me> I hate you too!
I honestly dont care if anyone here is happy or miserable nor do I think I have the power to influence that. If I do, maybe dont let me impact you so much.
We picked what I see as a bad QB. I voiced that. I dont see why you have a problem with that. I said I'd laugh because of the people previously quoting me like jerks. Context.
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
I honestly dont care if anyone here is happy or miserable.
We picked what I see as a bad QB. I voiced that. I dont see why you have a problem with that. I said I'd laugh because of the people previously quoting me like jerks. Context.
Keep trying, you're almost there.
"USArmyFinFan wrote:
There are different levels of development players, by that logic the draft might only be 5 to 10 picks as the rest could all be considered developmental picks.
1st rounders should be capable starters day one.
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
I honestly dont care if anyone here is happy or miserable nor do I think I have the power to influence that. If I do, maybe dont let me impact you so much.
We picked what I see as a bad QB. I voiced that. I dont see why you have a problem with that. I said I'd laugh because of the people previously quoting me like jerks. Context.
I'm gonna make jerk posts. Then it's 'I don't care what people think". Now it's "I'm taken out of context".
Take the L
"USArmyFinFan wrote:
There are different levels of development players, by that logic the draft might only be 5 to 10 picks as the rest could all be considered developmental picks.
Honestly in the end that sort of is what the draft is. There are relatively few superstars, some solid starters, and some good depth in every one. It's rare there is ever a draft with a ton of elite players, though it does happen.
"hitman8 wrote:
1st rounders should be capable starters day one.
Just saying that even first round picks can be labeled as developing players with more talent than undrafted rookies. I just pointing out developmental covers a lot of ground. How many sure fire players are there every year?
