***The Official Miami Dolphins 2020 3-Day Draft Thread***
1351 replies
Ok. Love the Tua pick. Injury risk sure but the guy can play. Herbert never did anything for me. He's not close to Tua's skill set.
Tackle was a reach but the kid is only 20 and still growing. No he is not Tunsil but not many are. Big upside potential. Bulk him up and he'll be fine.
Iggy caught me completely off guard. But the more I thought about it the more it makes sense. Face it we and most teams are in nickle over 60% of the time so you need that third corner. I don't think any of you will be complaining next season when no one will be able to throw on us.
All in all I'm happy with the 1st round. We pick early in the 2nd and can go RB, Safety even edge. Maybe an interior o lineman. All the options are there for us.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
"hitman8 wrote:
LOL, I dare you to find me one single board from any site or analyst anywhere that had Noah what's his name ranked ahead of christian fulton, jeff gladney, or trevon diggs.
Hint: there was not a single board or mock that had Noah going in the 1st round or ranked ahead of these guys, in most boards he was also ranked behind Jaylon Johnson and Bryce Hall.
This was a reach and a bad pick however way you want to look at it. The guy is a converted wide reciever with only two years of corner experience for christ sake and we take him in the first round?
Unbelievable...:headwall:
Just found one that gave the pick an A+
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/noah-igbinoghene-nfl-draft-sleeper/
Found another who thought Noah was a first round pick.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Just found one that gave the pick an A+
No, I said find a a board or analyst that had him going in the first or ranked ahead of any of the guys I mentioned.
I am talking pre draft, not this cheerleading post draft analysis crap.
https://sports.yahoo.com/mel-kiper-nfl-mock-draft-155017214.html
Here is one that has Noah at 31
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"hitman8 wrote:
No, I said find a a board or analyst that had him going in the first or ranked ahead of any of the guys I mentioned.
I am talking pre draft, not this cheerleading post draft analysis crap.
What are you talking about? Are you drunk?
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
Peter Schrager, NFL Network: Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
“The CB no one is talking about as a first-rounder, but who has the versatility to go among the top 32, is my pick for Tennessee at No. 29. Igbinoghene has good size, is lightning fast and can contribute on special teams. He can be the third cornerback in the rotation with Adoree' Jackson and Malcolm Butler in Tennessee. A lot more love for Igbinoghene in NFL circles than in mock drafts.”
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
What are you talking about? Are you drunk?
Do you not understand english? What you linked to is not what I talked about. I said find a pre draft board or analysis anywhere that had him ranked ahead of the guys I mentioned or going in the 1st round.
What you linked to is a post draft "analysis".
"hitman8 wrote:
Do you not understand english, what you linked to is not what I talked about. I said find a pre draft board or analysis anywhere that had him ranked ahead of the guys I mentioned or going in the 1st round.
What you linked to is a post draft "analysis".
Are you drunk?
Do you understand English?
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"hitman8 wrote:
Do you not understand english? What you linked to is not what I talked about. I said find a pre draft board or analysis anywhere that had him ranked ahead of the guys I mentioned or going in the 1st round.
What you linked to is a post draft "analysis".
he linked like 10 things. can you just leave? Dolphins had an amazing 1st round and all you want to do is shit on it.
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Good find, that is pretty much the only analyst I have seen project Noah as a first rounder.
"hitman8 wrote:
Good find, that is pretty much the only analyst I have seen project Noah as a first rounder.
I found four including the one you poo poo'd for the dumbest reason ever. The only reason he has a post draft analyst grade is because he had a first round grade on him. Serioulsy. Are you drunk?
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"muskrat21 wrote:
he linked like 10 things. can you just leave? Dolphins had an amazing 1st round and all you want to do is **** on it.
He found 2.
"hitman8 wrote:
LOL, I dare you to find me one single board from any site or analyst anywhere that had Noah what's his name ranked ahead of christian fulton, jeff gladney, or trevon diggs.
Hint: there was not a single board or mock that had Noah going in the 1st round or ranked ahead of these guys, in most boards he was also ranked behind Jaylon Johnson and Bryce Hall.
This was a reach and a bad pick however way you want to look at it. The guy is a converted wide reciever with only two years of corner experience for christ sake and we take him in the first round?
Unbelievable...:headwall:
What does it matter where a site or an analyst has a player in their rankings? They aren't the one's picking the players. How many draft site people or analyst procure jobs as an actual NFL scout or GM? What makes their board more valid than that of the Dolphins? The only board that matters is that of actual NFL teams and I know of at least one NFL team that had Noah ahead of Christian Fulton, Jeff Gladney, and Trevon Diggs on their board.
mooseguts out
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
I found four including the one you poo poo'd for the dumbest reason ever. The only reason he has a post draft analyst grade is because he had a first round grade on him. Serioulsy. Are you drunk?
I am not drunk, come up with a better line.
Good finds, but still, there is no way Noah Igbinowhatever is a better corner than Cristian Fulton for example. Noah got embarrased against LSU, Cristian went against those guys every day in practice and went against the best recievers in college football and held his own or won most of his matchups with them.
He was not the best CB available at that pick, if you think he's a safety he was also not the best safety available at that pick with winfield Jr, McKinney and Delpit still available, and there were numerous other players at other positions of need also available who would have been better picks.
Of coarse people on here always comes out with the lets give it time crap and lets just cheerlead everything which is what we have been doing for the last 20+ years with the dolphins to no avail.
When I shit on a pick or a signing, I am very usually right. I dont do it because I enjoy it, and when I like a move, I say it, and I am usually right as well.
You can go back and look at my post history, my record stands for itself.
I hope the picks work out, but in my book this draft was a D+.
"hitman8 wrote:
I am not drunk, come up with a better line.
Good finds, but still, there is no way Noah Igbinowhatever is a better corner than Cristian Fulton for example. Noah got embarrased against LSU, Cristian went against those guys every day in practice and went against the best recievers in college football and held his own or won most of his matchups with them.
He was not the best CB available at that pick, if you think he's a safety he was also not the best safety available at that pick with winfield Jr, McKinney and Delpit still available, and there were numerous other players at other positions of need also available who would have been better picks.
Of coarse people on here always comes out with the lets give it time crap and lets just cheerlead everything which is what we have been doing for the last 20+ years with the dolphins to no avail.
When I **** on a pick or a signing, I am very usually right. I dont do it because I enjoy it, and when I like a move, I say it, and I am usually right as well.
You can go back and look at my post history, my record stands for itself.
I hope the picks work out, but in my book this draft was a D+.
Stuff like that makes me think you are just drunk. No need for a better line.
Plenty of people think he was the best CB available. So, there is a way.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"hitman8 wrote:
I am not drunk, come up with a better line.
Good finds, but still, there is no way Noah Igbinowhatever is a better corner than Cristian Fulton for example. Noah got embarrased against LSU, Cristian went against those guys every day in practice and went against the best recievers in college football and held his own or won most of his matchups with them.
He was not the best CB available at that pick, if you think he's a safety he was also not the best safety available at that pick with winfield Jr, McKinney and Delpit still available, and there were numerous other players at other positions of need also available who would have been better picks.
Of coarse people on here always comes out with the lets give it time crap and lets just cheerlead everything which is what we have been doing for the last 20+ years with the dolphins to no avail.
When I **** on a pick or a signing, I am very usually right. I dont do it because I enjoy it, and when I like a move, I say it, and I am usually right as well.
You can go back and look at my post history, my record stands for itself.
I hope the picks work out, but in my book this draft was a D+.
since you are right 100% of the time, why haven't you applied for a NFL GM job yet? you are wasting your talents talking to us mere mortals that get things wrong.
for those that hate the Tua pick:
(espn round table during draft)
From CBS sports...interesting:
30. Dolphins, CB Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn
Grade: A+. The captain of my Better-Than-Team. I think this pick is outstanding. He's a great press man guy. He tackled 10 times better than I expected from a track guy.
Hopefully everyone slept on it.
I'm still not a big fan of 2 out of the 3 picks, but I'm ready to roll. Let's get along.
One thing about the OT and CB picks. Both players are 20 years old, which means we get at least 2 full contracts out of them (5 year 1st round rookie deal and 4 year extension) before they begin to decline. Both positions rarely see players starting at high level after they turn 30. Older more polished players who come out at 23 or 24 are already hitting their physical decline before they reach the end of their second contract.
Flores also had success coaching players to be more disciplined and at improving their techniques last year.
Both pucks seem gambles on their talent and Flores’ coaching ability. With their age and contracts this has huge upside. Having said that I can see why people are worried we have landed 3 1st rounders who will help the team more in 2021 and beyond than in 2020.
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
Hopefully everyone slept on it.
I'm still not a big fan of 2 out of the 3 picks, but I'm ready to roll. Let's get along.
Yep. I slept on it and I am fine with it. I don't believe in giving grades, so you won't get any of that from me. I did find myself falling into that trap of getting hopeful for a guy ( Lamb at 18, and Ruiz at 26), but that is usually the case with me. I start thinking about how much a guy can help us and then one of the teams before us takes him. Oh well, I still feel good about our draft. I don't like being in the position where we absolutely have to take a position like LT, but there was no doubt we had to. Who we took is debatable, I see, but he was a guy I thought we might have to reach for because of the run on tackles. Good draft. We couldn't really go BPA and had to pick according to need, but it is what it is. I am excited. We have 2 picks tonight and there are still some good players available. We could go a lot of directions and I would be happy. I like Jonathan Taylor, Cushenberry ( if he can play OG too), Epenesa, Shenault, Pittman, and Winfield II.
Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.
Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.
The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.
Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.
Team Tua.
Miami Dolphins Homer!
"Pauly wrote:
One thing about the OT and CB picks. Both players are 20 years old, which means we get at least 2 full contracts out of them (5 year 1st round rookie deal and 4 year extension) before they begin to decline. Both positions rarely see players starting at high level after they turn 30. Older more polished players who come out at 23 or 24 are already hitting their physical decline before they reach the end of their second contract.
Flores also had success coaching players to be more disciplined and at improving their techniques last year.
Both pucks seem gambles on their talent and Flores’ coaching ability. With their age and contracts this has huge upside. Having said that I can see why people are worried we have landed 3 1st rounders who will help the team more in 2021 and beyond than in 2020.
Good point about their age. One thing that I heard about Noah after we drafted him is that he is very competitive. In addition to his skill set, I think that is what Flores likes about him. To me, it all starts with that because you know he will work his butt off, and on game day lay it on the line for his teammates. He's raw, but I am hopeful Flores can coach him up.
Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.
Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.
The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.
Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.
Team Tua.
Miami Dolphins Homer!
I'll tell you what -- Tua at #5 would've looked a whole lot better with Laremy Tunsil and Minkah Fitzpatrick than he does with these other two guys. Right now the trades are looking pretty dumb.
"hitman8 wrote:
No, I said find a a board or analyst that had him going in the first or ranked ahead of any of the guys I mentioned.
I am talking pre draft, not this cheerleading post draft analysis crap.
Not a single draft board had Russell Wilson as a first round pick. Great logic.