1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The OFFICIAL Peyton Manning Watch Thread....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Mar 6, 2012.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    And here it starts with what can or can't happen come Thursday.

The clock is ticking, sort of.

2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Not sure what the correct Time or Day is...but this report seems to conflict with it being Sunday...and indeed make it be by 4pm on Friday per NFL rules.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/06/colts-have-until-friday-at-400-p-m-et-to-cut-peyton/

3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    everything is speculation
    having said that

1) the Irsays have always only been about money in every decision they've made since they moved the team from Baltimore to Indianapolis in the middle of the night while negotiations were still officially on-going...
    2) they have a unique opportunity to acquire their "new" Peyton Manning with the first pick of the draft & build a team around him. they will never have this opportunity again within a lifetime.
    3) they simply won't allow Manning to create a QB controversy in Indianapolis, nor will they drop 28 million dollars on a QB with a limited future with the Colt Organization.
    4) the only way we don't get Peyton Manning is if he fails his physical or retires from football.

Manning/Tannehill, the franchise solution
    :jump:

DolfanTom likes this.
  4. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Not that it will happen, but they better have a contingency plan to trade with Indy if they choose to keep Peyton. I know there is about a 5% change of that happening but they better have an offer(players & picks) in mind that would knock Indy's socks off.

5. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    To add to the Peyton watch, I'm going to set an over/under on how many games Peyton will play at 25. I'm taking the under.

6. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    It's destiny.

7. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    The under is fine if he can win a Superbowl.

DolfanTom likes this.
  8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    let's set an over/under on how many negative posts that are made before the decision is finalized.

Bumrush likes this.
  9. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011

I'm taking over.

But on topic - this is the most interesting offseason in a long time. Not just in Dolphins land, but in the NFL as a whole. (Discounting all the bounty **** going down, I'm talking about FA / Draft only).

the 23rd likes this.
  10. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    And I'm going to set the over/under on how many anti Peyton Manning posts you make from now till Thursday. I'll set the over/under at 25,000,000. I'll take the over.

Edited to add: Looks like I got beat to the punch, but 500 is way to low a mark.

11. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Good point...take the sure bet then ;)

12. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Can we just wait until hes either on the Phins..or isnt..and get a bit of some more reliable information on his health before we either start a border war with the "Pro Peyton" vs "No Wayton"....there are so many things that could change how good a deal with him would be for us.

Will we draft a solid QB this year to begin grooming? What does Peyton himself say....its so fluid...either camp could end up with eggs on their face...

13. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Who sets the standard on what is negative and what is not?

Just because you post Manning and Tannehill every hour doesn't make it positive.
    I've seen some very legitimate reasons why Manning would be a bad choice.
    Not biting on Manning could choose to be extremely positive to our future.
    I'm not fond of the idea but more and more I think it will happen.
    If we put all our eggs in that basket, fail and get setback would it still be a positive because you were in favor? Nope!

14. Yetanotherfan

Yetanotherfan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    yep this is true ... Technically both are opinions cause manning is not a phin yet ... Yall give kb to much angst

15. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Lol...he does have a condo here, and he does love Danny boy..best grass field in the league..Just gotta pass that workout, and we can take all this seriously.