***The Official PS3 Madden Season 2 Post Season Thread***
273 replies
Jaguars have let their awards go to their heads as they lost to the Ravens 28-7. Garrard threw 5 interceptions while 4 interceptions were dropped. Two by Fabian Washington. I am not bitter. Even though one would have been for a touchdown.
Flacco was 20 for 34 with 280 yards and 3 touchdowns. Did have two interceptions, including one on the goal line by the league leader in interceptions.
The Ravens defense did their job holding the Jaguars to 7 points.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20716605
31 yard pass to Barcley that set up the touchdown pass to Heap. Would have shown that highlight however it quit before the pass was completed. Tied the score 7-7.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20716640
Short touchdown to Barcley. Would have shown the better touchdown to Heap, however that highlight also quit before the pass was completed. Went up 21-7 with this score
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20716679
Big 3rd and 15 play completed to Clayton, which set up a 2 yard touchdown by McGahee. Went up 28-7 with this score.
Two interceptions that helped seal the deal.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20716687
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20716694
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Starry31 wrote:
Well the Jaguars are one and done in the playoffs, good job to the Ravens. Not to take anything away from Dupree because he played good, but I really didn't help my cause. Started off good, forced two fourth downs on Ravens first drive and stopped them from scoring. Then I got a long pass to Sims-Walker followed up with a 35 yard TD run by MJD to make it 7-0 early. From there I don't know what happened, nerves maybe lol. Shanked a punt off side of my foot, missed two FGs (I'm almost 100% on FGs), and got away from my gameplan. For some reason I decided to pass when all season I've ran, ended up with 18-38 and 5 interceptions. Once it was later in the game and time was against me I was sort of forced to but before that I don't know. So Jaguars are regular season wonders and flop in the playoffs, good luck moving on Dupree. From here on out I just hang my head in shame and prepare for the Draft. Final score 28-7.
:cry:
It's right, first round those were the seeds/games but since the 6 seed won they jump up to play the first.
Good game Starry. I thought I was in trouble after you scored on two plays.
After going 2-4, I am one game away from the Superbowl!
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
Good season Crappy (hopefully no one is telling me good season in a few days)
great season starry

Yeah I got off to a good start, stopped ya then boom two big plays and I'm thinking wooo. Then just got away from what I do, 13 running plays is normally what I have first quarter, not the whole game lol. Good job, I can now join Barry in saying hurry up!

"Starry31 wrote:
Yeah I got off to a god start, stopped ya then boom two big plays and I'm thinking wooo. Then just got away from what I do, 13 running plays is normally what I have first quarter, not the whole game lol. Good job, I can now join Barry in saying hurry up!
So you want to get in 18 holes?
hey man you had a great season with the Patrio....err I mean Jaguars.
:tongue2:
0 Undefeated Teams

Thanks giovafin sweet signature!
So you want to get in 18 holes?
hey man you had a great season with the Patrio....err I mean Jaguars.
Pray you don't have me on your schedule next season. :evil:

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Jaguars have let their awards go to their heads as they lost to the Ravens 28-7. Garrard threw 5 interceptions while 4 interceptions were dropped. Two by Fabian Washington. I am not bitter. Even though one would have been for a touchdown.
Flacco was 20 for 34 with 280 yards and 3 touchdowns. Did have two interceptions, including one on the goal line by the league leader in interceptions.
The Ravens defense did their job holding the Jaguars to 7 points.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20716605
31 yard pass to Barcley that set up the touchdown pass to Heap. Would have shown that highlight however it quit before the pass was completed. Tied the score 7-7.http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20716640
Short touchdown to Barcley. Would have shown the better touchdown to Heap, however that highlight also quit before the pass was completed. Went up 21-7 with this scorehttp://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20716679
Big 3rd and 15 play completed to Clayton, which set up a 2 yard touchdown by McGahee. Went up 28-7 with this score.Two interceptions that helped seal the deal.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20716687
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20716694
Wow. I thought the Jags were a lock for a Superbowl berth!!! Man, if the Saints upset the Panthers I'll REALLY have no clue who's winning the Superbowl!
GREAT season Starry. A shame it ended that way, but congrats to Dupree, a fine fine player who the newbies had underrated during this season. lol. Now you're seeing the real Brett.
Thoughts on the highlights (thanks for posting!!!!):
- Taurean's height really helped him on that TD.
- Looks like Bryan tried to get some pressure with a CB blitz on that play to Clayton. Flacco delivers well well being pressured, though!
- Jeez, Bryan, even the snaps looked bad in your game. On that INT Garrard had to pick the ball off his laces and the pass came out of his hand like a knuckleball!! Something has really thrown off your mojo! Is your mother-in-law visiting this weekend or something?
Because if Crappy does, he'll need to spend lots of MONEY on CHAMPAAAAAAAAAAGNE!!!!!
saints murder the panthers.
i had no answer. i came into the game confident, i lost by 5 playing him last time. instead of sticking to that gameplan that kept me close....i over compensated. randome defenses i thought would stop him, and random spread offense to offset the nano. instead of controlling the clock like usual.....i forced passes (6 ints from quinn most all season) and huge mental mistakes i never ever make.
aboome is the BEST madden player i have faced yet. hes my favorite to win it all. alex will be a great challenge however. goodluck to the saints. great game.
the defending champs panthers are done....and are officially letting everyone know i need a good qb. someone who throws good on the run....ill trade anyone or anything.
good luck to everyone else :yes:
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

announced now. winner of superbowl gets opportunity to pick the dolphins up this offseason if they want to.
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

"SICK wrote:
saints murder the panthers.
i had no answer. i came into the game confident, i lost by 5 playing him last time. instead of sticking to that gameplan that kept me close....i over compensated. randome defenses i thought would stop him, and random spread offense to offset the nano. instead of controlling the clock like usual.....i forced passes (6 ints from quinn most all season) and huge mental mistakes i never ever make.
aboome is the BEST madden player i have faced yet. hes my favorite to win it all. alex will be a great challenge however. goodluck to the saints. great game.
the defending champs panthers are done....and are officially letting everyone know i need a good qb. someone who throws good on the run....ill trade anyone or anything.
good luck to everyone else :yes:
I'd suggest Ben Roethlisberger. If you can get him.
;)
sick, I love the way you roll man. You give Rigo props, like a real man.
And Rigo, brother, you weren;t effing kidding when you joined the league and said the Big Katt had arrived!! Champ in da house!
On one historic day both the NFC AND AFC favorites fall out of the playoffs!!! INCREDIBLE.
I LOVE PLayoff football.
Where are the highlights?
Sounds a lot like what I did Sick. Makes you wish this was basketball and a 7 game series huh? :lol: Chargers vs Lions, Chargers win it all.

"SICK wrote:
saints murder the panthers.
i had no answer. i came into the game confident, i lost by 5 playing him last time. instead of sticking to that gameplan that kept me close....i over compensated. randome defenses i thought would stop him, and random spread offense to offset the nano. instead of controlling the clock like usual.....i forced passes (6 ints from quinn most all season) and huge mental mistakes i never ever make.
aboome is the BEST madden player i have faced yet. hes my favorite to win it all. alex will be a great challenge however. goodluck to the saints. great game.
the defending champs panthers are done....and are officially letting everyone know i need a good qb. someone who throws good on the run....ill trade anyone or anything.
good luck to everyone else :yes:
Man why didn't you try Hasselbeck?
One of the ways he wiped me out was on 3rd down conversions I forced him into 11 3rd downs, many of them 7+ yards ( a few were over 10 I believe) and he converted 9 of 11 on me. Couldn't get him off the field.
0 Undefeated Teams

Thanks giovafin sweet signature!
Goddamnit. I have zeroo chance of that. But let me just say, Rigo, what do you want for Sean Smith? lol.
the game started with me punting, him returning a kickoff for a td, me tying it with a 64 yard td to kevin curtis.....then him getting a pick 6....another pick FG.....another pick FG....dumb penalty, dumb decision....dumb move....stupid defense called....etc etc
i played the same offense and defense all season. except this game...and i got killed.
perfect lessons kiddos.....keep doing what go you here!!!!
im an idiot. all well. better draft pick i guess?
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

ftr.....im excited to see how alex does against the saints. both are big guns! and hopefully one of them win the SB and pick the dolphins and get the F_U_C_K out of the nfc lmao
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

i played the same offense and defense all season. except this game...and i got killed.
perfect lessons kiddos.....keep doing what go you here!!!!
im an idiot. all well. better draft pick i guess?
Table for two? Yeah, no 32nd pick for us!

First Quarter Road Home
(NO) D.McAllister, 1 Yd run(G.Hartley kick), 4:42 37 21
(CAR) K.Curtis 64 Yd pass from B.Quinn(R.Lloyd kick), 4:18 37 14
*(NO) D.Barnes, returned kickoff 100 Yds(G.Hartley kick), 4:03 30 14
(NO) B.Urlacher, returned interception 38 Yds(G.Hartley kick), 3:20 16 14
The man was upset about the DPOTY award result so he balled out with 3int 1 for a TD and 6 tackles 3 for a lost
(NO) G.Hartley, 56 Yd FG, 2:17 6 14
(NO) G.Hartley, 43 Yd FG, 0:23 0 7
Second Quarter Road Home
(NO) G.Hartley, 49 Yd FG, 5:26 51 21
*(NO) R.Bush 32 Yd pass from D.Brees(G.Hartley kick), 3:50 23 14
(NO) G.Hartley, 23 Yd FG, 1:44 3 14
(CAR) B.Quinn, 3 Yd run(R.Lloyd kick), 0:00 0 0
Third Quarter Road Home
(NO) D.Henderson 51 Yd pass from D.Brees(G.Hartley kick), 6:08 54 28
(NO) R.Bush 100 Yd pass from D.Brees(G.Hartley kick), 2:47 9 14
Fourth Quarter Road Home
(CAR) D.Williams, 52 Yd run(R.Lloyd kick), 5:42 54 21
I was wondering why sick won the stick skills award well now I know freaking MVP
(NO) R.Barden 47 Yd pass from D.Brees(G.Hartley kick), 4:54 44 21
Brees went 6 for 10 with 4 TD and 247 yds in the air
A real shame he was hurt during the season would have gave Deangelo some competition for MVP
(CAR) S.Smith 7 Yd pass from B.Quinn(R.Lloyd kick), 0:45 3 7
GG Sick Turnovers kill man plus it seemed like it just wasn't your day that KR for a TD gave my team a spark plus its hard enough to beat Nawlins without the refs helping(terrible PI call) good luck in the draft bro and to the rest of the teams left in the playoffs know
are for real and their out for blood. What's next Lion or Cheese?
EDIT: I have other highlights from this game if people want to see them let me know and I will upload them (the plays are marked with a * also have a user pick by Jenkins and Urlacher.

Somehow it makes me feel a little better about how badly the Saints bounced me out of the playoffs with Sick going out the same way considering how badly the Panthers beat me early in the season.
0 Undefeated Teams

Thanks giovafin sweet signature!
"Starry31 wrote:
Sounds a lot like what I did Sick. Makes you wish this was basketball and a 7 game series huh? :lol: Chargers vs Lions, Chargers win it all.
holy crap! win it all? u just jinxed me:no: but thanx for the confidence...big props comin from the undefeated guy:up: means a lot:lucky:
"B0$$ TYC00N$ wrote:
holy crap! win it all? u just jinxed me:no: but thanx for the confidence...big props comin from the undefeated guy:up: means a lot:lucky:
Previously undefeated.
(Sorry. Had to.)
Previously undefeated.
:glare:
Teams I Hope I Get On My Schedule Next Season
1. Vikings
2. Seahawks
3. Ravens
Don't worry, Barry jinxed me with his prediction so now I'm just passing the favor.

"Starry31 wrote:
:glare:
Teams I Hope I Get On My Schedule Next Season
1. Vikings
2. Seahawks
3. RavensDon't worry, Barry jinxed me with his prediction so now I'm just passing the favor.
Wasn't one killing enough?
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Starry31 wrote:
I was going ask about playoff rosters being frozen, see you read my mind. Will playoff teams be allowed to sign free agents? Not something like MJD gets hurt and Matt Forte is mysteriously released but picking up like a 60 something actual free agent. Not sure I would need to even if it was allowed but I'm curious.
It seems you know him and his situation so... heh I don't think I've ever talked to him and no idea why he's been absent so don't want to be like, yo play your game fool. Maybe he's talked to Sick privately but if he hasn't and he's not able to play then he needs to give someones a heads up if possible. While we don't have to speed rush, there are people not in the playoffs and people who are eliminated that will be twiddling their thumbs, the faster the better. :up:
heh I know, I just haven't produced many sacks this season. Ngata has more than my whole team combined actually. Amazing run defense, lot of pressures, but just not getting the QB down before he throws it. That's one thing I'll try to work on more for next season. Pryce does have an interception though which was funny. I'm hoping Rolle has a pick, Figurs returns one for a TD, Makino has a big day, and Pryce roughs up Flacco lol. Looking forward to our game (assuming EA brackets are static and we play or the Chargers win). I could go 16-0 then get bounced first playoff game, more embarrassing than the Patriots 18-1.
I honestly figured you would do much better with Holt than you have but guess you have a good WR group. I picked up a 69 OVR 6'3" rookie WR from the free agent pool that isn't bad, not sure where he came from. I saw in some other leagues where he got drafted 2nd-3rd round.
Here is my updated bracket. AFC side didn't change at all from my projected one a few weeks back. NFC side Giants moved from 4 to the 3 which was the Cardinals spot (didn't see CPU Giants beating users), Seahawks were added and became the 4, the Cardinals as a 3 were moved off.
wouldn't you say that with that quote, along with the "i hope nobody says good season to me," (more or less quoted correctly), you kinda jinxed yourself? don't be so hard on barry :console:lol...
btw...this vengeful side of you is pretty cool. i'll look forward to this next year. add me to your list of ppl you wanna see next year cuz your on mine...still want that rematch!!!
add me to your list of ppl you wanna see next year cuz your on mine...still want that rematch!!!
To quote Dupree, "Wasn't one killing enough?"
