1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official PS3 Madden10 ThePhins Online Franchise OffSeason Activity Thread***

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by SICK, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Fin-Omenal

(614) 778-6145 ---please only send good picture mail, for example the one from Skeet last night was great, dont care to see some dude with a 12inch dong banging a midget or some 85 year old fat womans crotch.

TY :up:

By the way I also have unlimited texting so whoever I play this week just shoot me a text.

Bpk likes this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Word is that Detroit fans are cautiously optimistic about the team this season. After beating the Vikings, Detroit travels to Philidelphia, back to Minnesota, and then ends this stretch at home against bitter rival Green Bay. If Detroit can finish this stretch 3-1 they have a real shot at the playoffs.

Bpk likes this.
  3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    IM Screen Names/Emails (all are AIM unless otherwise noted):
    Panthers = SICK Failhorn (Chris) - BLitznLB33 (561.389.6723) COMMISH!
    Browns = BigDogsHunt (Scott) - rovernetwrks - scott_rover@hotmail.com - scott_rover@yahoo.com - bigdogshunt@gmail.com (240-447-5277)
    Chiefs = Finsincebirth parkers212 - sparker989 (352-318-1424)
    Ravens = Dol-Fan Dupree (Brett) - brettdupree@hotmail.com (206-427-8103)
    Jaguars = Starry31- BallingStud - starryknight@triad.rr.com
    Seahawks = Crappy Tipper (Steve) samsparents - samsdad722
    Vikings = BPK (Barry) - barry@sillyplatypus.com (via gmail) (323-301-6038).
    Packers = Nappy Roots Keyz-E - nappiestroots24
    Cowboys = Fin-Omenal - PhinsGinn (614-778-6145)
    Lions = Alex44 (Alex) Hurriphins - Alex44GMLeague
    Eagles = mor911 - m9117
    Giants = Asraf1992 ashrafabdelmohsen92@yahoo.com (215-254-8947)
    Titans = SoldierOfLight90 (Bob) dbzbob84 whiteknightbob1@yahoo.com
    Falcons = rvmartinez64 (Romeo) - martinez.romeo@gmail.com
    Cardinals = Amenart (Andre)- amenart@gmail.com (818 415-8140)
    Bears = Daphins Graythreat (Joseph) - Bigbouncer2k - joseph.storr@gmail.com

4. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Week 2 yet????

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    BPK I offered you a trade.

Bpk likes this.
  6. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Alex, tonight around 6-7?

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    That should work for me. Assuming SICK decides to advance today like he said :lol: :up:

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    just advanced. i said the morning....sheesh people

Bpk, BigDogsHunt and Alex44 like this.
  9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Five more minutes would have been afternoon. You barely made it. :no:

:wink2:

Bpk and BigDogsHunt like this.
  10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    your splitting hairs ahole :lol:

Bpk and BigDogsHunt like this.
  11. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    So long as I'm not splitting ahole hairs.

Bpk, SICK and BigDogsHunt like this.
  12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    touche

Alex44 likes this.
  13. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Man, I wish I could have gotten in on this. Oh well. Anyone ever wants to play me my PSN Name is ILWakeAir ...add me if you want.

14. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Considering we're only in week two of the second season, I'm sure you can, and still take a decent team. However I guess that's up to SICK.

15. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    ha, thanks. its alright though.

16. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ

I havn't played in a while, but who all got upgraded nicely? I always forget what the players' ratings were previously haha.

17. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    seahawks you able to play today???

18. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Yah, I can! did crappy tipper bow out? Because I will swipe his team if he can't!! lol

19. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I love my draft picks. Having a back up tight end with 88 speed is so much fun.

Bpk likes this.
  20. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    how did the seahawks guy draft?

21. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    U should just be able to join bro, I missed the draft and basically week 1 also so I would PM Sick.

22. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Week #2 - CLE 27 NE 24 OT

Foxborough, MA - Well, well, Cleveland fans, if you haven’t picked up your "If you arent part of this team, you are part of the problem - Cleveland Browns Football 2010" T-shirt, I suggest you run to the local sporting goods store asap or visit Browns sponsored website www.partoftheteam.com online store to get one soon.

This young brash team doesn’t know you aren’t suppose to enter into Gillette Stadium and take some of the biggest shots a home team can throw at your mug, but stand toe-to-toe and continue to jab and weave, and throw haymakers of your own, especially when behind; to come back and pull out an Overtime victory on these NE Patriots.
    How can you not root and cheer for this team? I tell you why you should in two words….Jack English! This kid, has changed the fortunes of this workmanlike city, and taken blue-collar vs. white button down and tossed each label on its ear. English, has shown rookie tendencies but more often than not, when push comes to shove, he exudes the confidence (and arm and the vision) of a future Canton member. Now, no one is saying he needs to submit his Yellow jacket size just yet, but Cleveland Fans, you knew Marino, Elway, and Montana were simply playing in the NFL until they got old enough to qualify for “HoF-membership”, right?…well, Mr. English seems to be going down the same path. Week 2, I know! And he knows it’s not all him, he has rushing attack, and OL that keeps him on his feet, with WRs that are proving out the old adage: “if he’s even, he’s leavin’ to the house!”

But for true Browns’ fans….it's the D-fence stupid! This youthful “fly to the ball and attack defense” seems to forget than it takes years to gel together. It takes years to understand not only the D-side playbook, but account for hours and hours of film study on your opponent’s O-side playbook. Hours that while mathematically haven’t happened by week 2, yet, magically seemed to have been granted in abundance while everyone else is sleeping, as more often than not, this young Browns assignments are achieved and carried out as if they are part of the O-side huddle. Like Mr. English, do they err on occasion, yes they do, but do they hang their heads....no!, not with the likes of Co-Captains/MLB D'Qwell Jackson and DT Shaun Rodgers unwilling to take guff from those that won’t tow the CLE way.

I ask this football audience, how does a young team like CLE, barely able to pull off single digit total wins in the last few NFL seasons, and coming off the worst record in NFL and #1 pick following the 2009 season, not only come out of the blocks @ home swinging in week 1 vs. division rival Pittsburgh Steelers and win, but now they take the show on the road, and turn the tables on Tom Brady and the NE Patriots and pull off a come from behind victory? What ever it is….we all want more please!

Now to the recap…..CLE kicked off, and this young D stuffed NE for a 3 and out….Jack English (30 for 42 293yds 2TDs 1-Int) showed some early nerves and rookie eyes being bigger than reality on CLE first series, but once the D stuffed NE for the 2nd straight series, Young Jack English settled in for a beautifully executed 9 play drive that set the tone early and aside from a un-common "pick-six" 2nd Quarter mistake by their young QB, this tone repeated itself throughout the contest where young Jack found 8 different receivers at varying depths to complete the comeback.

The D sides only big error happened in the 2nd Qtr, as their S over the top double-team still was no match for Brady to Moss TD. And while giving up 24 points isn’t equal to pitching a shutout, this D really stopped the run yielding only 28yrds to NE ground attack. Tom Brady (16 for 25 214yds 1TD 0-Ints) never held the ball long enough as it turns out as CLE needed all 22:19 minutes to NE’s 8:43 to pull this off (small key was winning the Opening and OT coin toss for CLE….tails never fails to open the game, and heads sends them to their beds in OT).

The only small downside in final analysis was how the WHOLE TEAM contributed on two separate late 4th Qtr scores by NE all at or after the 2min warning. The first was a fumble from otherwise sure handed Larry Johnson on a drive that would have iced the game but instead set up NE short and quick march to score a TD of their own to retake a lead. The second occurred following a stellar English led accurate tossing quick drive of his own after the 2min warning KO where young Jack completed 4 straight passes each between 10 and 19 yards w/YAC before HB James Davis came off the bench to punch in the go-ahead score with only 39sec remaining. Alas, too much time for Tom Brady as we all watched as the CLE D, sitting in sideline zone, gave up the middle faster than a lady of the evening chatting to a sailor on shoreleave. That was all Tom Brady needed in 3 plays thus setting up the game tying FG at end of regulation.

But hey, pulling out the Win is sweeter this way right? It keeps everyone’s job in order and smiles on the faces of fans, right? So where are those T-Shirts again?

Additional game day notes:
    Week 3 is a bye-week that while seemingly to early in the schedule for these “dog pounders” the key injury to HB Jerome Harrison (broken collarbone 5 weeks) and several other MASH unit dings and bruises will use the week off to heal, and prepare for week 4 road trip to Baltimore Ravens.

NE’s Wes Welker was knocked out of the game in the 3rd but appears to be alright for their week 3 contest vs. Buffalo Bills.

VIDEO HIGHTLIGHTS (had 10, limited to only 5)
    1st Q: J. English 4yd TD to L. Johnson
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17138161

2nd Q: T. Brady 83yd TD to R. Moss
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17138274

3rd Q: J. English 5yd TD to G. Barnidge
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17138336

4th Q: James Davis 6yd rushing TD
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17138399

OT: 26yd FG to win it!:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17138345

Games Full Scoring Summary:
    (CLE) L.Johnson 4 Yd pass from J.English(P.Dawson kick), 1st Q 1:43 remain : Score 7 to 0

(NE) R.Moss 83 Yd pass from T.Brady(S.Gostkowski kick), 2nd Q 5:27 remain : Score 7 to 7
    (NE) S.Springs, returned interception 82 Yds(S.Gostkowski kick), 2nd Q 2:47 remain : Score 7 to 14

(CLE) G.Barnidge 5 Yd pass from J.English(P.Dawson kick), 3rd Q 0:12 remain : Score 14 to 14

(CLE) P.Dawson, 31 Yd FG, 4th Q 4:55 remain : Score 17 to 14
    (NE) F.Taylor, 8 Yd run(S.Gostkowski kick), 4th Q 2:00 remain: Score 17 to 21
    (CLE) J.Davis, 6 Yd run(P.Dawson kick), 4th Q 0:39 remain : Score 24 to 21
    (NE) S.Gostkowski, 37 Yd FG, 4th Q 0:00 remain : Score 24 to 24

(CLE) P.Dawson, 26 Yd FG, OT 3:57 remain : Score 27 to 24

Bpk, daphins, Starry31 and 1 other person like this.
  23. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    holy crap... you're dedicated

Bpk, BigDogsHunt and SICK like this.
  24. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    killin and fillin time (on a Sunday)......:lol:
    [​IMG]

Bpk likes this.
  25. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    You let the pats take you into OT? :pity:

26. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I need to hire you as my beat writer....you got all that and summed it up much faster!
    [​IMG]

Bpk and daphins like this.
  27. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Umm just off the top of my head Henne was a big winner, obviously. Other guys like Starks, Langford, Polite, Hartline, Bess, Ricky, etc. all got some upgrades too. Ricky went up once Ronnie got hurt and showed he still had it; Davis and Smith both went up too I think. There's some more I can't remember but even though Miami's overall is 77 I feel their roster is strong. Could just be I'm really comfortable with them. But yeah, talk to Sick and see if you can grab a team (anyone except Miami and AFC especially could use some more bodies but your choice), it's just week two so have as good of a shot at the playoffs as anyone really.

Played my game against Indy and won, might do another little write up later. Next week is interesting since there's the SB rematch, Alex/BpK have a rematch, and I play my first human opponent this season. Oh yeah, you guys throw the ball a lot. :lol:

Bpk likes this.
  28. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    That doesn't help...you're the one I'm uncomfortable having my phone number......

jk

That said I'd find a better way to post that info guys. You shouldn't ever post your phone number in text form (or your email for that matter) on a public forum, crawlers will pick it up and blow you up with crap calls.

Someone should copy and paste those into Photoshop and make a JPEG out of it..there's fewer crawlers that can disseminate that information (and at that point...let 'em have it) or something like that.

Bpk, Crappy Tipper and BigDogsHunt like this.
  29. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Props for that man, that takes a lot of work but adds a lot to the league IMO. I used to do the same for FF, do writeups post-draft, etc. but it takes a lot of time. The deeper this league gets the better IMO.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  30. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Hopefully Mor and I get our game played tonight.

Bpk likes this.
  31. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Week #2 Ravens 72 Buccaneers 7

Is it really fair? That is the question this reporter is asking after the Buccaneers played their first home game against the visiting Ravens. Ravens coach Dupree was livid after last week game, which he is quoted as saying in the locker room, "Twenty points?!?! That is all you ****** can score is twenty points." It was looking like a repeat of the week before as the Ravens only scored one touchdown until the closing of the first quarter when Freeman throws an interception for a touchdown to Dawan Laundry. Then the points kept on coming.

Joe Flacco for the second time in his career threw for 8 touchdowns and had over 482 yards in the killing. "All I can do is what the coach tells me to do. He says throw touchdown passes, I throw touchdown passes." He said with an embarrassed look in his eye.

Rookie Stanley Squirek was the hero of the day for the Ravens with his 92 yard touchdown pass and ended with 4 catches 125 yards and 2 touchdowns. He said of the win, "Heyuk, this be fun. We don't do not much scoring in Nebraski. This wide open offense is more fun than a buttered pig on tuesdays."

The other rookie Taurean Barcley, who has given himself the name, "Galvatron" had 7 catches 73 yards and 4 touchdowns. While Marvin Blansit got his first taste of football with 3 catches 67 yards and a touchdown. He would have had two if as he quotes, "The refs were so mutha #$#$ing blind, that stupid #$#$ing sons of #$##$."

Defense did a good job of shutting down the Bucs offense holding them to 218 total yards and forcing 5 turnovers. It would have been a shut out if not for an stupid interception by Flacco in their own side of the field. Even with this amazing performance, the team is feeling the loss of Trevor Price. Ngota seems to be struggling in his position, not recording even 1 sack. There maybe changes in the future.

Well next week the Ravens have a superbowl rematch against the Carolina Panthers. Coach Dupree was quoted as he was throwing a pop bottle at Derrick Mason, "This time the game should be better, this year we actually have speed. Isn't that right Mason? Enjoy your time on the bench you slow piece of ##$#!"

Rumors are Mason will be retiring after this season.

Bpk and Starry31 like this.
  32. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Was bound to happen....so much for NFL rookie symposiums:
    This Gator got chomped!

Bpk likes this.
  33. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Alex is really good.... Maybe Im that bad. He's up 35-14. He's everywhere. His people are all faster and better. My guys cant block and all suck. I dont get this game.

Bpk likes this.
  34. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Game over. Got killed. I really am bad at this lol.

Bpk likes this.
  35. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Rtfm!

P.S. to make yourself fell better, just recite over and over "its not Mor, its the Eagles"

36. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    You actually did really well. I was playing serious when you made those like...three consecutive interceptions. I ended with four INT's on the game...though at the end I was really just practicing trying to throw deep.

My advice would be you need to run the ball more. That is where the difference was. I couldnt throw, but I started running to compensate and thats when I got ahead.

Also on kick returns, too much juking. You made my guys miss, but you started at like the 27 compared to my 37. What I do, is choose return middle, your blockers create a wall regardless of the direction, and just try and run behind them.

Bpk likes this.
  37. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I try that (not against you obviously was playing catch up. But my guys NEVER hold their blocks and I seldom can get over 3 yards on a carry. Come to think of it. 3 yards would be a successful run for me.

38. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    There are some plays I run and cant get a yard on...others I can get a good 5 yards a carry.

I like slash, sprint, off tackle plays. I avoid the dives, and only throw a pitch in there every so often.

39. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Also your wildcat play was really nice. I didnt know if you had passing plays from your playbook out of the wildcat, so I couldnt pick goal line defense like I usually do. You torched me for a TD.

40. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Jaguars Down Another Division Rival

For the second straight game the Jacksonville Jaguars faced an AFC South rival at home, this time in the form of the Indianapolis Colts. The Jaguars were coming off an incredible 80-17 win against Houston, and the Colts were able to defeat the Chargers at home 26-10. Due to week one losses by Houston and Tennessee, this game would give the winner an early lead in the AFC South.

Despite having two very efficient offenses on show, the first quarter was scoreless. The Jaguars were able to slow Peyton Manning and the Colts' amazing passing offense, and the defense of the Colts were able to ground the rushing attack of Jacksonville. Indianapolis was aided in this cause as Maurice Jones-Drew suffered not one, but two injuries during the first half. After some defensive stands the Jaguars were given an offensive spark when Yamon Figurs returned a punt 25 yards. The Jaguars capitalized on the good field position and were able to come away with the first score of the game when Greg Jones rushed for a three yard touchdown. Needing someone to step up due to MJD's injury, Greg Jones answered the call by not only converting a few crucial third downs, but also scoring his second touchdown off a short pass from David Garrad. Jones second score of the day sent Jacksonville into the locker room with a 14-0 lead.

The second half saw a healthy MJD take the field, and saw the Jaguars offense start to resemble what fans are used to seeing as they started to pull away from the Colts. Rushing for over 100 yards and 4 touchdowns in the second half Jones-Drew made up for his first half absence. Maurice wasn't the only offensive contributor though, as Yamon Figurs ran back a kickoff for 102 yard touchdown, his second in two games. David Garrad was deadly accurate again as he completed 16 passes on 24 attempts for 217 yards, with 1 touchdown and no interceptions. Sims-Walker followed up his career game from last week with a solid performance resulting in 120 receiving yards. For the second straight game the offense lighted up the scoreboard, ending with 49 points.

The defense was Coach Starry's main focus this off-season, and they have had two decent showings so far. Week one they were able to hold Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson to just 17 points, and more impressive than that was holding Peyton Manning this past week to just 10 points. Manning was still able to pass for close to 300 yards, but the Jags "bend not break" defense did just that. First round pick Alonzi Simms led the team with 5 tackles, and newly acquired LB Aaaron Curry also had a solid game in his first game wearing a Jaguar uniform.

The 49-10 win puts the Jaguars first in the AFC South. Next week a tough New York Giants team travels to Jacksonville to try to hand the Jaguars their first loss. New York features a dangerous dual rushing attack with Brandon Jacobs and Jordan Stewart (who was traded from the Carolina Panthers this past off-season). Should be an interesting game and will be a good measuring stick for the revamped Jaguar defense. The Jaguars are expected to wear their all black uniforms for the first time this season.

[​IMG]
    Greg Jones converting a key third down.

Bpk likes this.