1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official PS3 Madden10 ThePhins Online Franchise OffSeason Activity Thread***

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by SICK, Feb 14, 2010.

1. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    That was really the only play the entire game i was proud of LOL

There were some defensive stands I felt ok about. It's definitely a WAY different experience than playing the CPU.

Bpk likes this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I thought you were hustling us about sucking after you scored a TD on your first play from scrimmage :lol:

3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    LMAO Now way man... That was a HUGE fluke. I was sitting here thinking "Oh crap... Now he's gonna destroy me because he thinks I'm good"

Bpk and Alex44 like this.
  4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I was just messing around on offense at the end, but I was playing serious defense the whole time. Your last drive actually pissed me off, because I was TRYING to stop you. You'd have scored if there was more time.

Oh and thanks for knocking out the WR I traded Pettigrew for....FOR THE SEASON.

Bpk likes this.
  5. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Dang, injuries are the story line in week 2 for sure....out for season...thats blows.

Bpk likes this.
  6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It's okay, I'm out to take out Adrian Peterson next week. Then when I play Pettigrew I'm aiming for the kneecaps. :lol:

Bpk likes this.
  7. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    :sidelol:

Dupree, I was wondering how your coach felt after last game, now I know. Like reading your write ups lol. Said you miss Pryce, how has Holt done? Pryce done ok for me, but I haven't recorded a sack with anyone yet. :cry:

8. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Yah, I am the Texans!! Just played a scrimmage with dafins a bit ago. Kept it vanilla though, don't want to give too much away haha.

Bpk and Fin-Omenal like this.
  9. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area

ASU, please remember to post all your contact info just like in the 1st thread...IM info, email, and cell #, etc.

Mor has a locked thread for it....post so SICK can update 1st post in this thread, etc.

Bpk likes this.
  10. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Sick and I just lost an epic battle due to connection drop. He had a 38-35 lead with a few minutes left and I had the ball I think around midfield. He lost a near perfect passing game by quinn and I lost two 100+ kick off return TD's by my rookie return man.

To Be Continued...

Bpk, SICK and BigDogsHunt like this.
  11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Holt is doing well. The problem with my offense is that I throw it to the 2nd string wide receiver more. Still he has made some important catches.

Pryce is really good at sacking qbs. I have gotten close a couple times with Ngata, however Pryce is just a little quicker and I think has better pursuit.

12. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Out for the season?! Holy crap man that sucks. My bad :up:

13. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Also Alex, did the D seem tougher when I started playing the MLB as opposed to rushing the passer?

Alex44 likes this.
  14. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Cards and chiefs will be playing tomorrow night just letting you all know.

Bpk likes this.
  15. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    don't know what it is but i've been having REALLY **** luck online lately (not counting you ASU that was actually the best game I've been able to play lately!)

One game ago I was the Cowboys....Romo was hurt in the first possession not to return, Barber got hurt that possession to, returned for 3 plays (one of which he fumbled a ball that was returned for a TD) then got hurt again (I opted to keep him out and didn't return him early either...), and Felix Jones was hurt in and out for 2.5 quarters before finially getting too hurt to play at the beginning for the 3rd (i brought him back early). In the meantime Kitna can't throw a damn ball and puts up 3 pick 6's....one of which could be deemed my fault, the other 2 were heinously overthrown :P

Not a banner day. I've only played 8 online matches so I know I'm behind the curve but it's frustrating. Just lost a close one against SD as the Vikes. Play #1...you guessed it, Favre goes out injured and misses 3 quarters, and AP went out injured in the 3rd.

bah!

ASUFinFan likes this.
  16. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    The thing that pisses me off THE MOST:

HOLDING CALLS - WTF?! I cant control it. It's so infuriating when you do a semi-decent run and get call for holding. There's nothing YOU (as the player did). Just the CPU decided to hate you at that moment.

INJURIES - Less of an issue in a season. If you beat someone up, they get hurt. But in random scrimmage games? Common! The CPU just feels like giving one guy the advantage for no reason. BS!

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  17. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Actually yes. I wasn't running my bread and butter plays by then, but I was having a tougher time reading your defense.

One INT came when you were the OLB I think, and you rush in. I went to my quick TE pass and your corner was standing there. It's much harder to read a human player at LB than it is a computer.

18. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Wow I was hoping for a disconnect on this one. Sick romped me 41-14 and he could have easily put up 60 on me. This was a classic game of what can go wrong did go wrong for me. 3 interceptions (including this miracle jumping, leaning back arm in the air one handed thing) at least 3 fumbles, maybe even four. Rough to say the least.

I thrive on momentum in Madden and Sick made sure that didn't get any :lol:

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Damn, this league is exploding! Can't wait to play my game and share my story.

Bpk likes this.
  20. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    winning the super bowl has its price....my brutal schedule.....@saints @seahawks(hum) @ravens(hum) @vikings(hum) home giants (hum)....week 6 iam on the road again....dont get my first home week until week 5 plus i play at the defending afc champions week 3 then the runner up in the nfc and the #2 seed in the nfc last regular season.......good god :pity:

Bpk likes this.
  21. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Someone forgot to tell this guy AFC South is Jaguar territory. haha Just kidding, and welcome to the league. You just made the AFC South more interesting (me and the Titans owner know each other in real life) and added a team to the AFC which is good. You play my friend (SoldierOfLight90) this week so hopefully you guys can setup a time and have a good game. He just thought he had an easy CPU game this week. :lol: Shame you weren't here week one or we would've played, but week eight we have a game.

ASUFinFan likes this.
  22. SoldierOfLight90

SoldierOfLight90 Soldier For Christ

Jan 24, 2010
    NC
    To the owner the the TEXANS I was wondering what your forum name is I found your PS3 name and I send you a friend request. Just let me know about when you can play. For now it looks like I can play Monday night after 10pm. Here's my email in case you couldn't find the contact list (kinda like I'm not sure where the new one is lol) Whiteknightbob1@yahoo.com

I look forward ta playin' ya bro (even tho as starry said I DID wish I had an easier time after losing to ravens last week lol)
    Aight back to work for me...have a blessed one see ya soon!

Bpk likes this.
  23. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    ha. i know. i like playing with the texans, so thats why i grabbed them. but afterwards, when i saw that no one was in the east, i kinda wished i woulda jumped into that division lol. easy road. week 8 it is, and nice 80 to something drumming i saw, gzzzz.

24. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ

Tonight sounds good. Ill get off work around then so, ill hit you up. and im 0-1 by default, so we are still even lol.

25. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    heh I had thought of grabbing the Jets/Patriots because I like playing the villain and bad guy in video games, but after about 10 seconds of thinking I couldn't do it. Now personally I don't mind the Bills quite as much, probably sympathy from recent seasons, so could have picked them. I came real close to picking the Texans myself but settled on the Jags.

Don't use that 80-17 game as motivation in the rematch. :lol: By the way, Soldier is EST so just keep that in mind when one of you say a time, same for all of us on different time zones.

Bpk likes this.
  26. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Also Soldier's offense is slow and methodical. He doesn't take many big risks. In my game against him he took 4 minutes to get from his 19 to my 40.

So make sure you take advantage of every offensive possession as possible. I thought I was a patient man. That man is one of the most patient men I have ever played a game of Madden against.

ASUFinFan and Bpk like this.
  27. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    haha A free scouting report! But yeah, me and Soldier have played a lot (17 games actually, not that I'm counting) and he doesn't get in a hurry. It's interesting the different styles all of us use, the different approaches we use towards trades and the draft, etc. On that same note, looking at Ashraf's two games he seems to play a pretty similar style to me except he has a "double trouble" type deal going with his rushing game, where I just continually feed one guy. Hopefully MJD doesn't retire on me and starts living in a tent. I kid, I kid. <3 Ricky So when we play week three it'll be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Bpk likes this.
  28. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

"Adam Schefter here. Word around the Vikings complex is that Coach Brad Childress and the Vikings GM are at odds. The GM had wanted to fire Childress this offseason, but the team's surprising performance deep into the playoffs and appearance in an NFC Championship game in all liklihood saved Childress' job as Ziggy Wylf himself publicly endorsed Childress following the loss.

But this internal warfare has the Vikings out of the gate poorly this season, as the Vikings narrowly lost in an upset to their division rival Detroit Lions. Word is that the GM has forced new offensive and defensive co-ordinators and their playbooks on Childress and the marriage is sitting unhappily.

Childress and the GM Price are scheduled to have a sit-down, no nonsense meeting with Wylf this afternoon to try to sort things out. It will be essential that this duo find a way to work together if this season isn't to run off the rails, especially with new, very raw rookie talent Jake Scott under center replacing Hall of Famer Brett Favre.

Time will tell if the vows can be renewed and the Vikings can show up as a team against the Bills this weekend. It's strange to talk of a 'must-win' this early in the season, but that's exactly how this Vikings football team feels heading into it's game against Buffalo and their own new rookie signal caller, James Kelly this Sunday at the Metrodome.

Adam Shefter reporting."

29. Bpk

LOL

AWESOME highlights and write-up BDH!!! I love it!!

Oh man, I can TOTALLY imagine how it felt to have Moss get that huge TD on you! BOTH the CB and Safety missed the tackle! So frustrating! lol. I notice the safety took a bad angle letting moss get over the top of him. Hopefully that's just inexperience.

Wow you have a LOT fo confidence slinging the rock in there with English! Just FIRED it into the middle of the endzone. lol. Gunslinger.

I hope we play this season. Do we?

B.

30. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    The worst is when a runningback breaks 8 tackles for a long touchdown. That is so annoying.

31. Bpk

Would it help if we put a % symbol or something a couple places in the middle of the numbers?

32. Bpk

Welcome to a west coast offense.

You have to put the ball in space. NOt power rtun with that team.

tosses, screens, flare passes, short passes to HBs in the flats.

Think of how they use westbrook. Or how SICK uses DeAngelo.

get 'em in space.

then trade me your inside linemen. LOL.

33. Bpk

NFL League Office has issued a warning to the Lions organization for comments in the press this week singling-out certain opposing star players as targets for intentional attempts at injury.

The NFL has rules in place to ensure the safety of its players. It's a star driven league and we protect our talent. Bounties, headhunting and intent to injure will not be tolerated." said an obviously unhappy Mike PErreira, head of NFL officiating.

Roger Goodell, asked to comment while attending a charity buffet at a golf event added, "Teams understand how important it is. What's at stake. These rules are in place for the good fo the league. Teams who disregard the good of the league will face serious repercussions."

In the past, players have been fined for making such comments. It's rare, however, for such comments to come from the General Manager and Head Coach of an orgnanization. In the past, the Commissioner has reserved the right to strip draft picks in cases of severe "naughtiness" as he describes it.

lol.

F@ckr.

BigDogsHunt and Alex44 like this.
  34. Bpk

Ya think!?

He's more than just patient. He's got the centeredness of a man not of this world!!!

I offered him this trade:

Titans give up:
    QB Dane Morrow 77 OVR

Vikings give up:
    DE John Abraham 94 OVR
    DT Pat Williams 91 OVR
    TE Visanthe Shiancoe 79 OVR
    WR Jack Walsh 76 OVR
    MLB Eric Barton 73 OVR
    QB Jake Scott 69 OVR

And he said 'Nah. I like Morrow.'

lol.

The man cannot be tempted.

SoldierOfLight90 and BigDogsHunt like this.
  35. Bpk

I love doing that with peterson.

I get a lot of 60-75 yard TDs that way. The whole pack gang tackles me and I just break free and off I go.

36. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That also happens a lot with Ronnie Brown.

37. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Damn! That is one hell of a trade.

38. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

Lions official response: Do unto others what has been done to you.

39. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    haha I remember Soldier telling me you offered him a massive trade and I was wondering what all you offered since he couldn't remember. That's umm.. a lot. And now I will move my spam to the new thread.