1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official this team plain sucks and it's Ireland's fault thread.

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by Dorfdad, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yep Debbie downer, all you rods glass faithfull please just ignor this thread. it time to call out this team as the wheels are falling off. I'm so pissed for many reasons but the most obvious reason is that they squandered a win on the day the pats lost.

The second reason is that Ireland needs to be fired the extension is asinine he hasn't done anythinngt I earn an extension. Where is the talent on the offensive line?? He went cheap refused to tade for a LT, refused to get any running back (Thomas sucks we knew this) and miller can't push through the lines. Where is hard hitting safety??

Ireland is a by problem and his talent eval is weak there I said it.

Our coaches are overmatched again for the for the week in a row we can't get 1 yard on 3rd down. How about rushing Tannehill on a sneak? Or how about using a damn screen for pressure why can't we add that to our offense?

Tannehill isn't going to make it the entire season he's going to get hurt!! Philbin needs to cut our LT on the online and don't give me who they gunna replace them with it wouldn't matter could they be worse???

Yes I'm venting but 5 weeks in we're a 3-2 team but with many many issues on both side of the ball. The Wallace signing was supposed to elevate our team but it's actually hurting us. He doesn't reach up and grab the ball and expects it to drop in and than backers after dropping balls. I feel we have a Brandon Marshall situation here good everywhere else mediocre here. (Bad coaching) and again dropped balls killing drives.

I think we're done now guys were exposed, secondary is weak, offensive line is HORRIBLE, and our running backs can't get any yardage (see ****ty oline for why) we're not a playoff team anymore. We're going 9-7 at best but I predict 8-8 a step backward.

We got 2 weeks to right this ship but I don't have faith in this organization righting the ship this year. This team just plain sucks and Tannehill isn't the most improved QB this year he's regressing due to the oline.

2. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    meh wallace isnt even close to the talent of a brandon marshall hes just playing like a punk kid who got payed hes immature. The online does suck donkey balls though not really sure what can be done about it at this point but we need to get more creative with our run plays.

3. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Tannehill is not regressing, he's been excellent.

This team does not suck. The front seven is top 5 (the linebackers need to play better, the line might be the best). The secondary is banged up. The skill positions (the receiving positions) are fine, they need more consistency. The running backs are not very productive but their production relies on the offensive line.

The offensive line is the worst in the league. We have the best center in football, a Pro Bowl guard and three guys who may not even belong on the league.

Ronnie Bass, Dorfdad and padre31 like this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    2013. Same thread from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.......

Dorfdad likes this.
  5. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    Sorry unified I wish I could be as opptermistic as you but the stats don't justify those claims. Do you think Ireland has done a good job of procuring talent for this juggernaut??

Sick exactly my point we haven't gotten any better!!!

6. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    yea, he sucks

7. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I'm not looking at it through rose coloured glasses, I'm being honest.

Saying this team "plain sucks" is hyperbole. The offensive line is the worst in the league, that is on Ireland. That said, we have some good players.

Stitches and sports24/7 like this.
  8. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    So who put this offensive line together?They might be the worst in the league.You can't win like this.So yes this team doesn't suck yet but by the end of the season we will all be in agreement!!No way you make playoffs giving up 4 to 5 sacks a game in this league.

Dorfdad likes this.
  9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    THill is playing fine, the OL and the receivers have to man the **** up and stop being scrubs

Hate to say it, Ryan Clabo is a scrub, Martin I can forgive, Clabo allowing a sack there is unforgivable, he's a Vet, he knows better, cannot cannot cannot allow a sack there.

And CC9, catch the damn ball when it matters

10. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    nice knee-jerk reaction.

11. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    He's not defending Ireland, just that we don't suck.

12. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    I don't see sacks as an ultimate issue. I feel Philbin has greatly exaggerated the issue.
    Running game is a big problem, short yardage run game as well. Wallace is a problem too, not a solution. Those are two main issues.

As far as Ireland, he should've been fired long ago, because he is a meddler. Instead of being simply a transaction facilitator, he is a "football' guy by his own claim, and that he is not fit to do.

13. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    Unified yes we have some players Im not saying that, but on a whole the way this team is designed on paper and how were using that talent is what makes us SUCK. two weeks in a row we cant get a freaking yard on 3rd down (twice this game I believe) so we just pass or run wide hoping we get some slow defense.. Ughh its frustrating to watch. Were is our big package to gain a YARD?? we cant keep hoping somehow to coach our way out of the talent level we have.

We need to make some trades NOW before the season is lost. We got two weeks to right this ship!

14. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Someone who don't think we suck:

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 9m
    Ray Rice with unsolicited praise for the Dolphins: "They're gonna be in the hunt at the end of the year. They're going to be in the hunt."

15. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    How about we step back and take a deep breath and look at this team rationally? Does Ireland deserve blame for this embarrassment of an offensive line? Absolutely. But this team is a FG away from going to OT to play for 4-1 against 4 teams with winning records and another very good one in Atlanta. And they did that with over a quarter of their starting defense out (Ellerby and Wake being 2 of the best players on the team). There was a point today when the Dolphins were forced to play Austin Spitler (a guy who was on the street last week) at LB. This team has some good parts to build on. They need more depth and they need even a mediocre offensive line.

Dorfdad likes this.
  16. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    Not really it's been a few weeks and were still doing the same stupid things.. (i do have a slow knee I guess!)

17. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    I dont give a rats *** what he says IN the hunt what hunt? 1st overall pick? PLayoffs of course but thats not saying much. The ravens suck, we suck so praise from another mediocre team that just won in our house is more salt in the wounds as far as I am concerned. I don't see a team that gives a Buck..

18. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    2013. Same mediocre team from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

Dorfdad likes this.
  19. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It should be, but it's not. The more I see of this team play, I think it's more about coaching than it is execution. Players haven't been put into situations to succeed very frequently on either side of the ball this year, as compared to last year.

20. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    They're banged up. When healthy, this is absolutely a top 5 front 7. When Jason Trusnik and Derrick Shelby are having to play lots of snaps that isn't going to be the case.

21. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    The forum is much nicer after a win.
    No we don't suck.
    The team is 3-2.
    Not great by a long shot but average to above average.
    The O line sucks for sure I must admit.