1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official What was the last movie you saw??

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by vmarcilfan75, Apr 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Just a Guy Staff Member Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I went to see Aquaman today and enjoyed it. Its big, its loud, its pretty, its fast and its fun. They didn't try to do too much or make it more than it is, and it worked. Jason Momoa is really likable. I had never seen Amber Heard in anything before, but she did well in her role as Mera. Overall, its the second DC movie that I've liked along with Wonder Woman, after hating the rest.

danmarino and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic 30 years and counting Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'm a little bummed I can't find time to see this one.

3. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hella creepy. Lynchian. A bit open-ended for my liking, but between this and Hereditary- it's been a good year for horror. There's always a couple that try and succeed to transcend the genre in interesting ways.

ToddPhin and danmarino like this.
  4. Bumrush

Bumrush MIA till I die Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Speaking of Hereditary - Holy crap that movie scared the **** out of me. It had me shocked, creeped out and disgusted.

I highly recommend it for those of you that like horror films. May rank up there as my all time favorite.

invid likes this.
  5. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Check out Possum then, though be forewarned, it's a much more slower-paced, atmospheric affair.

Bumrush likes this.
  6. Bumrush

Bumrush MIA till I die Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    First Man.

Excellent film. The flag controversy is a bunch of BS. See the movie before you make any judgements. A+

ToddPhin likes this.
  7. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I watched Pirates of the Caribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales tonight. It was very easily the weakest of the five moves in the series. The plot was thin, and they didn't bother even really coming up with good fantasy excuses for why things were the way that they were. It was also hard to take seriously when they jumped way forward in time, but many of the characters from the earlier moves only aged slightly, which made no sense.

The young actress Kaya Scodelario was very solid in her role. All of the other newer additions were weak, and the older ones gave a weak effort.

8. ToddPhin

ToddPhin RIP Phinsational Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I thought ‘Polar’ [Netflix] was f***ing great. If something like a cross between John Wick & Crank sounds appealing to you, then this is right up your alley. Several “out loud” moments, plus the final 2 sentences leading to a vocal “YES” on my end.

adamprez2003 and cuchulainn like this.
  9. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Indeed. The band of thugs were a little over the top but Mads was awesome. :up:

adamprez2003 and ToddPhin like this.
  10. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Saw Lego Movie 2 yesterday with the family. Its good, and its funny, but its also probably the weakest of the four Lego movies to this point (including Lego Batman and Lego Ninjago). They have a good plot, a good theme and a lot of funny lines, but they try to shoehorn all of the characters in from the first movie without a real reason to. In the first movie, each one had a purpose, even if that purpose was just to make a silly joke. This time, like with a lot of sequels, they seem to feel like they have to make a place for all of them again, and it becomes cluttered.

Instead of a 10/10 like the original, its more of a 7.5/10. Worth seeing if you liked the other movies. The kids will enjoy it. But maybe not worth going out of your way to see, and not an upgrade over what they've done before.

11. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Hey, at least he actually took a bullet. That’s progress. :lol:

cuchulainn likes this.
  12. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    The torture scene had to make Bruce Willis jealous. Lol

ToddPhin likes this.
  13. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Speaking of, did you ever watch Martyrs? {arguably the best French horror film of all time}

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Favorite Tarzan movie was Greystoke legend of Tarzan, epic format..very cool.

cuchulainn likes this.
  15. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    MADS is the best Euro actor since Rutger Hauer. I'll watch anything of his. The PUSHER trilogy (he stars in the second) is one of the best set of movies ever made. Just watched THE HUNT which has him as an innocent man accused of child molestation and what he has to deal with. The movie was great though scary. That is real horror

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    cuchulainn likes this.
  16. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Nope but will check it out.

Did enjoy the Frenchesque Brotherhood of the Wolf quite a bit.

17. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Same here.

Don’t read anything about Martyrs first though. Can’t have any of the story given away.

18. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Watched the Sisters Brothers tonight, one of the best Westerns I've seen for a while. Bit different to your usual Western, and John C Reilly is fantastic in it. Joachim Phoenix does a good job as the other brother too.

19. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree I drink your milkshake! Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Alita: Battle Angel

I very much enjoyed this movie. A solid 7 out of 10. The biggest issue is it felt like it was 2 hours and 20 minutes. It did feel like it dragged for story and plot and world building.

The best positive is the action is amazing. The CGI is probably the best I have seen. There wasn't one part where I was taken out and thinking that what I was seeing wasn't real. Everything had the right weight. It looked like it was $200 million was well spent.

I thought the trailers were bad and the big eyes were stupid. However, when watching the movie, the big eyes weren't a problem because she wasn't meant to look human, and it makes you so darn cute!

The acting was great, the action is great, the 3-D effects are outstanding, it even does the thing where the stuff is coming right at you!

I had a blast. It is the type of movie that is best watched in a movie theater. Kind of wish I went to a better theater to get a better experience.

If you like anime, you need to see this movie. If you like action, I am sure you will enjoy the action parts.

ToddPhin and Unlucky 13 like this.
  20. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I want to see it too, but wont get the chance at the cinema. I'll check it out as soon as its on Netflix.