The Official What was the last movie you saw??

6579 replies

TEtexasPHINSfanNew Member
Feb 13, 2012, 12:48 PM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

Safe House

Nothing new really, but the acting was great imo. The pace kind of feels like a Bourne movie as well. 7.5/10

Makes it gold for me. Definitely will go see then. :up:

*

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Feb 13, 2012, 09:36 PM

Saw The Grey over the weekend. And while I enjoyed it, and would recommend it, I still can't help thinking...

if Liam's character was ex military, why in the name of Zeus' butthole could he not salvage the plane... make a bomb, and take out the wolves? Lets walk our way out... no no, that's a brilliant idea.... there would have been at least SOME food in the plane...some crackers... or better yet, you jump into the trees... some tall as trees, that WOLVES CAN"T CLIMB, use that as shelter, build up some bow and arrows and take the ****ing things out... perhaps I'm missing something? No no, lets walk right into the wolves den and take out the alpha male... but have the movie stop before we find out what happens... :tongue2:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Feb 15, 2012, 08:50 AM

I guess we are on sort of an independent film kick.

Watched Take Shelter last night. Powerful film, Michael Shannon turns in a monster performance. It's a quiet film, but always tense and filled with this slight sense of uneasiness. Probably not a film for everyone given the depressing subject matter, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, as it hit home and felt very real. Had the movie done better at the box office I have no doubt it would be up for award consideration. Shannon turns in one of the better performances I've seen in recent history and is getting jobbed by not being in consideration for Best Actor. 4.5 of 5 stars.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Feb 15, 2012, 09:06 PM

I saw Chronicle today and was extremely impressed.

Definitely in the running for surprise of the year (even if it's just February). The acting and action scenes were great.

LudacrisLudacrisSupporter
Feb 19, 2012, 11:28 PM

Based on what FF and VO said about Drive, I checked it out. Really good movie. Gosling is better in this movie than I've seen in his others. Not bad for a Mickey Mouse kid. It's quite a gripping story and you'd have to wonder if they'll do a prequel.

I also saw We Need To Talk About Kevin. Another good movie. It's about a mother coping after her son commits a mass murder. It's quite a dark tale.

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Mar 3, 2012, 12:38 AM

Saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and loved it. Thought Rooney Mara was fabulous , a lot of underlying emotion , very gritty , loved the setting in Sweden , well acted film . I also liked how it ended and while not all neatly wrapped up it balanced conclusion but obviously set the stage for the next movie. A bit of a warning there are some graphic edgy scenes and you or your viewing partner have to be ok with that. I see a lot of movies with my daughter who is 20 and she really thought it was a great movie but has always been mature and doesn't feel awkward seeing scenes like that with her dad.

A few other ones mentioned that we saw were Midnight In Paris which was wonderful , loved the ambiance and the feel of the film . The scenes were visually very appealing.

The Help had a fantastic cast and while the theme was kind of sugared , it was very enjoyable. Particularly loved the clothes , the hair , the cars , pin point on the era imo. Jessica Chastain remided me of someone I know well , though not nearly as ditzy , but as sexy.

My daughter's favourite film that we saw over the last half year or so was 50 / 50 . I really liked it too , but it wasn't in my top 3 or 5 . My son was in a film with JGL ( minor , extra part but he got to know him as he helped him with skating as well and took him to some live music venues.

Like VO , really like the 2 Ryan Gosling films , truly thought Drive was great and thought he was overlooked by not getting a nomination . Also liked the comedic Crazy Stupid Love .

Hugo was again visually strong and liked it a lot but thought it was not as brilliant as some of the praise made it out to be. Honestly I prefer movies not in 3D. Still really good and if you have kids I do definitely recommend it.

Gary Oldman was terrific in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy , if you like thrillers , espionage , MI 6 you will really enjoy this film .

The Descendants was good not great for me , not sure if got the right blend of drama/comedy , to be better than just good . Still worth viewing though.

Anyway the film I thought was the best was The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo , and actually plan to see it again this weekend.

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Mar 9, 2012, 12:44 PM

Projext X. Absolutely hilarious

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Mar 10, 2012, 10:51 AM

A better superbad

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Mar 10, 2012, 11:05 AM

Doesn't look to have much of a storyline, though.

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Mar 10, 2012, 11:12 AM

It doesnt. Doesnt really need it really

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Mar 14, 2012, 09:03 PM

So I saw Project X. Aside from lots of boobies, it disappointed.

TiP54TiP54New Member
Mar 16, 2012, 01:16 AM

Saw Project X night it came out.

Whole lot of nothing. Couple of Laugh Out Loud moments, but overall....it's just a bigass party. I wasn't really fond of Superbad, but this is much worse than Superbad.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2012, 05:52 AM

This could possibly be the greatest movie ever produced in the '70's...Why have I never heard of this before?

Sweet Sugar 1972

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=99b_1331780158

"...38 caliber kittens! Spitting death, as they claw their way to freedom...":up:

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2012, 06:34 AM

"TiP54 wrote:

Saw Project X night it came out.Whole lot of nothing. Couple of Laugh Out Loud moments, but overall....it's just a bigass party. I wasn't really fond of Superbad, but this is much worse than Superbad.

It tried to get all mushy at the end too. Didn't make sense.

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Mar 16, 2012, 06:38 PM

I saw Project X back in the late 80's but it was Matthew Broderick trying to save a bunch of chimps used for experiments by the govt.

Laces OutLaces OutNew Member
Mar 16, 2012, 06:47 PM

Zombieland......Emma Stone looked sexy as all get out with a shotgun in her hand.....want to smash

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2012, 06:51 PM

"Laces Out wrote:

Zombieland......Emma Stone looked sexy as all get out with a shotgun in her hand.....want to smash

Great movie....and 100% agree on Emma Stone in the movie.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Mar 23, 2012, 03:36 PM

21 Jump Street

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Mar 23, 2012, 09:21 PM

Just saw The Hunger Games, thought it was excellent. Really want to read the books now.

I think it ought to get Jennifer Lawrence some awards cred, but it's so far out of season for that kind of stuff so who knows.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Mar 24, 2012, 02:33 PM

I thought Hunger Games was very good but not great. Actually, I would say the same about the books, although I enjoyed the books a little more. I put both the books and the movie below the Harry Potter series, which I felt were excellent.

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Mar 24, 2012, 02:52 PM

"rafael wrote:

I thought Hunger Games was very good but not great. Actually, I would say the same about the books, although I enjoyed the books a little more. I put both the books and the movie below the Harry Potter series, which I felt were excellent.

Books are always better. I only read the first book of Hunger Games but I would agree it's definitely not on par with Harry Potter. For one I'm not in love with the first person POV the story is told from. The characters are also not done quite as well. But it's still pretty good. I probably won't see the movie until it goes to video.

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Mar 25, 2012, 09:30 AM

If you see the Japanese movie Battle Royale, made from a novel of the same name in 2000, there are quite a few similarities with the story Hunger Games. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale_%28film%29

FiresoleFiresoleNew Member
Mar 25, 2012, 11:55 AM

I thought Hunger Games was the biggest pile of **** I've seen in quite some time.

It annoyed me that a supposed great hunter with a bow wouldn't take the opportunity to shoot the others from a distance while in cover. Any bad ass hunter/tracker with a bow could have ended that game in 1 day, especially when half of the kids stayed together and made tons of noise.

I won't be going back to watch the sequels

Mar 25, 2012, 02:23 PM

I saw My Week With Marilyn. Michelle Williams did a great job playing Marilyn Monroe.
Its a pretty sad movie actually, since there is a focus on Monroe's issues with addiction and her insecurities.

"Ludacris wrote:

Based on what FF and VO said about Drive, I checked it out. Really good movie. Gosling is better in this movie than I've seen in his others. Not bad for a Mickey Mouse kid. It's quite a gripping story and you'd have to wonder if they'll do a prequel.

There may be a sequel

James Sallis, author of the original Drive novel, has written a sequel titled Driven, which is scheduled to be published in April 2012.[96] Director Nicolas Winding Refn has expressed interest in filming a sequel, saying: "The character is born, he's out there, he transforms himself completely into what he's meant to be, he was always meant to be this… He goes on to more and new adventure."[97] Refn further says that he intends the sequel to feature two drivers, one of them a villain counterpart to Ryan Gosling's character, comparing the new driver to Lex Luthor and Professor Moriarty.[97] Gosling also expressed interest in starring in a sequel, saying that he would "love to make a Drive 2" but that he "[doesn't] want to make the same movie" again.[12]

I'm not sure the movie needs a sequel, and considering the ending is a liitle ambiguous, I'm not sure where they could go with it.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Mar 25, 2012, 02:26 PM

"Firesole wrote:

I thought Hunger Games was the biggest pile of **** I've seen in quite some time.

It annoyed me that a supposed great hunter with a bow wouldn't take the opportunity to shoot the others from a distance while in cover. Any bad ass hunter/tracker with a bow could have ended that game in 1 day, especially when half of the kids stayed together and made tons of noise.

I won't be going back to watch the sequels

It's the lack of attention to detail or continuity right there that makes movies like this one fall flat on their face for a male audience.

Obv most women don't care about things like that, but as a man it's impossible to take something serious after a serious misstep like that.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.