1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official World Soccer Thread***

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by first&goal, Apr 12, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Wenger: We Showed Our Quality

Goals from Emmanuel Adebayor and Gilberto Silva left Reading struggling near the relegation zone, and it cold have been worse for the Royals, as Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott hit the wood work, and star man Ces Fabregas had a goal disallowed and a shot cleared off the line as Arsenal dominated.

After the game, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger said: "In this match we showed what quality we do have and that the team is strong.

"We are still ambitious - we have 74 points and want to finish with 83 points which is a decent total. We want to finish off as close as we can to the winners of the league.

"We showed pride and responded after the disappointment of last week.

"We have to bounce back because the strong always come back stronger."

Wenger adeed: "We have a very young team with a great future."

http://goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=665313

first&goal likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Benitez: New Player Signed Up

"Despite the on-going board room trauma at Anfield, Rafael Benitez has revealed that he has continued planning for next season and has already secured the signing of one, as yet un-named player."

http://goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=665268

first&goal likes this.
  3. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :up:..

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    first&goal and giovafin like this.
  6. giovafin

giovafin Rossonero

Mar 25, 2008
    first&goal and alen1 like this.
  7. giovafin

giovafin Rossonero

Mar 25, 2008
    Siamo d'accordo. :up:

first&goal likes this.
  8. Phins28

Phins28 Up the Irons

Dec 4, 2007
    Puerto Rico
    :woot: No AC Milan champions league next season, I hope Liverpool falls to fifth place too.

first&goal likes this.
  9. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Whats happening is the Juve is trying to make a push for Fernando "el Nino" Torres.
    The only big difference is that Flamini cost nothing, only a salary of 4.5 mill euros x year, but to get Torres you need 35 mill to get him plus whatever he's asking yearly.

10. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Sahin is good, Milan needs someone eventually to replace Gattuso and at the same time to bring more muscle to the midfield now. :up:

11. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Great link bro, thank you! :ffic:

alen1 likes this.
  12. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I think Boriello still property of the ACMilan, I hope Milan takes him back, we need him.

13. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Appear that Soros is out the race of buying Roma, according to the Gazzetta Yesterday, a South Arabia company or private individual, since no other details were given, is offering twice the amount of money that the above mentioned Soros.

14. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    alen1 likes this.
  15. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Di un Paolo Maldini ne esiste uno solo! :ffic:

giovafin likes this.
  16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Totti could be out for up to six months :sad:

Francesco Totti could be sidelined for up to six months after an initial diagnosis confirmed that the AS Roma captain had damaged the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

The 31-year-old suffered the injury during his side's 1-1 draw with Livorno on Saturday evening and early reports suggest that the star will require surgery.

Totti said: "I heard a crack and knew I had to stop. Is my season over? I am only thinking about my leg at the moment and I am a bit worried."

Coach Luciano Spalletti said: "In all likelihood it is a sprained right knee with damage to the anterior cruciate ligament."

The club's chief executive Rosella Sensi, the daughter of owner Franco, added: "It's added to a sad day and I am a bit worried about Francesco because he is in a bad way."

The Giallorossi star seemed to suffer the injury when he had an indirect free-kick inside the area charged down.

Although he played on after treatment, another drive on 39 minutes saw Totti remain on the turf and he was then stretchered-off to be transferred to the city's Villa Stuart clinic.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8052160/Totti-could-be-out-for-up-to-six-months

first&goal likes this.
  17. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    To bad for Totti, I feel sorry for him.

18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, whats up ?

first&goal likes this.
  19. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    It's all good, I really like the idea of bringing Flamini to the Milan, he's young and I like him a lot! :up:

20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Good good. Yeah I am dissapointed to see Flamini go because he is only 23 or 24 I believe and hes a good player but I dont mind it to Milan. If he was going to Inter, I would :tantrum: :angry: :nutkick::2guns::gun_bandana: Wenger.

21. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I just can't find myself feeling sorry for an arrogant baby who never grew up. This guy has been childish since he came into his own and I've realized he'll never change.

From spitting in an opponent's face in the Euro 2004, to the red card in WC 2002, to the lack of showing up for big games his whole career, right down to last week when he told the ref "vaffanculo." I just can't stand this guy. He's been a selfish, egotystical, arrogant bastard his whole career.

There was nothing better to see him play virtually no role in Italy winning the World Cup in 2006, and IMO, that's the reason why they succeeded. Lippi wouldn't let Totti become bigger than the team because he's proven in 2002 and 2004 that when that happens, Italy falters.

I was glad to hear him retire internationally after the world cup at 29 years old. That proved that he has no heart. Italy are better off without him. Good Riddance Mr. Totti.

Talented, yes. Good player, yes. But you'll be long forgotten when you retire because you were a headcase and could never be a professional. Had the talent to be one of the greats, but lacked the teamwork, heart, and determination.

first&goal and alen1 like this.
  22. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    How about Vucinic from Roma??? I love that guy, hes from Montenegro which is very similar to my country. Hes going to be something special for them.

23. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Lol, I agree with you.
    I was just reading that Juve wants him bad and they are trying very hard to take him away from Milan......hope not.

24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm a fan of AC and Juve lol, I know thats awkward but I like both clubs so much. I wouldn't be surprised to see Juve step up their offer and get him.

BTW one post away from 400 bro.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nice post bro.

26. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    haha, me too. My heart is always with Juve, but I'm always supporting AC Milan. I love the way they built that mini-dynasty of the past 5 years.

Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Oddo, Nesta, Inzaghi, RUI COSTA!!!....some of my all time-faves.

Losing against them was painful in the 02-03 CL final, but because it was Milan made it sort of a bittersweet loss.

alen1 and first&goal like this.
  27. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Haha yeah its kinda awkward at times. I just want to see them at ELITE level again, you know them being the top 1 and 2 clubs in the world along with of course my Arsenal squad.

first&goal likes this.
  28. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Your assesment about Totti is correct and I do agree with you, he's a spoiled child.

29. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Since is no any price tag to get him because he's contract is over, the only money in discussion here is how much you want to pay him, contract wise. :up:

30. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Juve will surprise a lot of people, the Club is very well organized and I'm aspecting to see Juventus to be a big player not only in Italy but also in Europe.

31. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Owen grabs derby day glory

[​IMG]

"Michael Owen demonstrated exactly why manager Kevin Keegan is so desperate for him to sign a new contract by claiming a derby day double to increase Sunderland's woes with a 2-0 win.

The 28-year-old headed the Magpies into a fourth-minute lead and then made it six goals in as many games in the final minute of the first half from the penalty spot."

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8051468/English-Premier-League-Roundup,-Apr.-20

Owen now has 8 goals in 25 appearances, I am so happy for him man, you guys dont even know. One of the greatest potential talents to ever play, only to see it hampered by injuries :sad:. This is really great news because only a week ago, the new England boss said that he sees Owen being part of England's 2010 plans.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
    first&goal likes this.
  32. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Graham: Wenger needs four big signings

Graham, who twice guided the club to the first division championship, believes they need to raise the stakes if they are to make up lost ground on the current top two.

He told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek show: 'Arsene has got to sit down and be honest with himself, which I am sure he is.

'After three-quarters of the season, they were five points clear, absolutely over-achieving, and then in the run-in, they are stumbling all the time.

'He must look back and ask: `did the players get tired? Why did they get tired? Did he have a strong enough squad? Were they too inexperienced to get over the white line and win the trophy?'

'He needs, in my opinion, three or even four ready-made players, which will cost a lot of money - and that may be a problem because I don't know if Arsenal have got a big budget to get new players in next season.

'Certain players at Arsenal keep on getting injured, and you know next season, the same players will probably be on the treatment table a lot.

'I think he needs three or four, and I think he needs three or four ready-made players, star players who are going to cost big money and big salaries, which will not go down well at Arsenal.'

Asked where he feels Wenger needs to strengthen his squad, Graham replied: 'Through the middle, the spine of the team.

'They need a world-class goalkeeper, they need a centre-half, they need more mental and physical strength in the middle of the pitch.

'Unfortunately, their strikers seem to be picking up a lot of injuries, so they need somebody to play alongside (Emmanuel) Adebayor, who I think could develop into a world-class player.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=527463&cc=5901

33. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    GO INTER!!!! I'm an Argentofile so you kind of have to understand me.

first&goal likes this.
  34. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    UPDATE ON TOTTI STATUS:

Totti set to miss start of next season

ROME, April 20 (Reuters) - AS Roma striker Francesco Totti could miss the start of next season after undergoing a knee operation, the club doctor said on Sunday.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=527521&cc=5901

first&goal likes this.
  35. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Henry stays at Nou Camp, say Barcelona

Thierry Henry will not be returning to the Premier League and will instead be at Barcelona next season, insists the Catalan club's vice-president Ferran Soriano.

"When asked about a possible return to England for Henry, Soriano, speaking on Radio Five Live's Sportsweek programme said: 'I don't think so. 'I spoke with him at length a week ago and he is happy in Barcelona."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=527479&cc=5901

first&goal likes this.
  36. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United play down Fergie retirement talk

"Manchester United have played down reports that Sir Alex Ferguson is finally set to call time on his illustrious career in 2009.

The date of Ferguson's retirement has frequently been the subject of intense speculation since his initial U-turn six years ago.

Ferguson himself is not interested in discussing the matter, maintaining the stance that as long as he is enjoying the job and remains fit and healthy, he will continue."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=527465&cc=5901

37. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Grant: Gerrard my dream signing

"Avram Grant admits that Steven Gerrard is the player he admires most in the Premier League - and says he "would love to sign" the midfielder.

The Chelsea boss believes that the Liverpool skipper should walk away with the PFA and European Player of the Year awards this season, and has revealed that he would love to take the England international to Stamford Bridge.

Gerrard came close to joining the Blues on two occasions when Grant's predecessor Jose Mourinho was in charge of the West London club, but eventually decided to stay with his hometown club."

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8053540/Grant:-Gerrard-my-dream-signing

first&goal likes this.
  38. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Owen is a great player, the injuries really hold him back, but is talent is undenailable.

39. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Thanx great article, I'm sure they will find the way to get ready with the players needed by next season.

40. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Argentofile lol, I like that, Inter is very active in the market for new players and Moratti appear to be in the right spending mood, trying to keep up with Milan and Juve.