1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official World Soccer Thread***

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by first&goal, Apr 12, 2008.

1. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Totti is toast, I'll be surprise if to see him back in a soccer field after this injury.

2. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I'm not sure about Soriano statement, one thing certain is that Henry is very well liked in Barcellona.

3. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Alen bro, you are simply the best with all this great infos. Thank you very much! :ffic:

alen1 likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :ffic: All I do is copy and paste my friend, you people are great with the responses, thank you.

giovafin and first&goal like this.
  5. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Great job :up:

alen1 likes this.
  6. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I hope you're right. The way they've been playin lately (another 4 goals scored today in a thrashing of Atalanta 4-0) I don't see why not.

They'll make a nice little splash in the summer transfer market I assume, and should be ready to compete for a major trophy next season.

I think next year Italy puts themselves right back on the map in club football with England

first&goal likes this.
  7. giovafin

giovafin Rossonero

Mar 25, 2008
    E' vero, ma si parlerà anche d'altro Maldini e continuerà la dinastia dei Maldini... Forza Milan!!! :devil2: :ffic:

first&goal likes this.
  8. giovafin

giovafin Rossonero

Mar 25, 2008
    BTW Great game again by Kaká against Reggina, taking home another hat trick :up:

first&goal likes this.
  9. giovafin

giovafin Rossonero

Mar 25, 2008
    It's sad, but it's our own fault for not being in Champions League qualification. :sad:

10. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I have no doubt the Juve will be a force next year! :)

11. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Between Paolo Maldini, wich I believe was one of the best defender ever and he's dad Cesare Maldini, both together are part of a great piece of history in the ACMilan.

giovafin likes this.
  12. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I agree with you, Kaka he's palying great, also Pato in the second half when Ancellotti put him in was awesome.

giovafin likes this.
  13. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I believe that we need to play four more games until the season is over, if Milan can win all the games and Fiorentina lose one.........maybe we can still make it. I know is easy to say, but in reality is almost impossible.

giovafin likes this.
  14. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Jose Mourinho 45, struck a deal with Inter President Massimo Moratti and will take over from Roberto Mancini in the summer.
    What is also interesting is that Mourinho wants to bring with him Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba.
    Great move from Inter.

link www.gazzetta.it/calcio/

alen1 likes this.
  15. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    On the Dinho situation, Barcellona is asking 50mill euros, according to Galliani the asking price is to high and Milan is not willing to spend that much.
    Appear that since are several other teams interested in Dinho, including Inter, Barcellona feels very comfortable in the negotiation.

giovafin likes this.
  16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Eto'o to leave Barcelona unless they win titles

[​IMG]

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) - Samuel Eto'o will leave FC Barcelona if it goes trophyless for a third straight season."If the next year continues like this, without any titles, I'm finished with this. I'll need to go to another place," Eto'o said on Sunday. "I want to win titles here. At Barcelona and in Spain I have reached the top."

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8054026/Eto'o-to-leave-Barcelona-unless-they-win-titles

giovafin and first&goal like this.
  17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Hleb facing early end to season

"Arsenal's Alexander Hleb faces being banned for the rest of the season if the FA call for video evidence of his clash with Graham Murty.

Television replays appeared to show the Belarus star slapping Reading skipper Murty in the face in the second half of Arsenal's 2-0 win on Saturday and although it was missed by referee Peter Walton and his assistants, it was spotlighted on BBC TV's 'Match of the Day'."

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8055498/Hleb-facing-early-end-to-season

Great class Hleb :no:

first&goal likes this.
  18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Keegan: Toon now seeing real Owen

"Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan hailed the "real" Michael Owen after seeing the striker condemn Sunderland to a derby defeat.

The 28-year-old England international took his tally for the season to 12 with a fine double as the Magpies finally ended their fears of being dragged into the fight for Premier League survival."

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8056490/Keegan:-Toon-now-seeing-real-Owen

19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Parreira quits as South Africa coach

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (AP) - South Africa coach Carlos Alberto Parreira resigned Monday to return to Brazil to be with his family and ill wife, leaving the national team in disarray just two years before the country hosts the 2010 World Cup.

"It is heartbreaking to not have done this job until the end," a somber-looking Parreira told a news conference. "My family needs me, especially my wife. They need me to be near her, together with her. So after 36 years of marriage, I cannot say No."

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8055554/Parreira-quits-as-South-Africa-coach

20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Roma denies it's received offer to buy the club

"ROME, April 21 (Reuters) - The majority shareholder of Italian soccer club AS Roma on Monday denied press reports it had begun procedures to sell its controlling stake or had received an offer to buy the club.

Newspapers have reported that Italpetroli SpA, linked to the Sensi family, was considering selling its controlling stake in AS Roma to U.S. billionaire investor George Soros or to the royal family of the United Arab Emirates.

'No offer has been formalised from (the foreign investor) or from others whom the press has suggested as potential buyers,' Italpetroli said in a statement.

The statement spelled out it had received 'no offer from the Arab Emirates royal family,' and that all press reports in this regard were 'groundless.'

Italpetroli said on Friday it had held talks with a representative of a potential investor, but a sale was not imminent."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=527785&cc=5901

first&goal likes this.
  21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Napoli Preparing Iaquinta Bid – Report

"Iaquinta only signed for Juve from Udinese last summer, and despite a good season, he has featured sparingly due to the fantastic form of David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero, who have hit 35 Serie A goals between them.

The 28-year-old Iaquinta has grown increasingly frustrated with his bit-part role, and despite originally declaring that he would be staying and fighting for his place next season, he is now said to be considering leaving.

The likely signing of Amauri from Palermo, as well as the return of Sebastian Giovinco from loan at Empoli, means that Juve may entertain the idea of selling Iaquinta.

Roma coach Luciano Spalletti has been heavily linked with making a move for his former pupil, however now Napoli are also said to be interested.

The southerners have big plans to break into Italy’s elite over the next two-to-three years, and are lining up some big transfers this summer.

Juve could ask for midfielder Marek Hamsik in exchange, although it is highly unlikely that the Partenopei would consider releasing their star man."

http://goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=667874

22. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Del Piero’s Best-Ever Season – Buffon

"The Golden Boy is winning the plaudits of the entire peninsula after embarking on a simply stunning recent run of form.

His hat-trick against Atalanta yesterday afternoon took his tally to 17 for the season in Serie A, 20 in all competitions.

"Alessandro Del Piero is having the best season since I have been at Juve,” said Buffon, who joined the Bianconeri in 2001 from Parma.

“He is doing something really sensational.

Buffon also praised Juventus as a whole this season, saying that they have more than exceeded expectations in their first season back in the top-flight.

"Nobody expected us to reach the Champions League so soon,” said the goalkeeper.

“Initially, I also had some doubts, as everyone did.”

Juve are all but guaranteed of a Champions League place now, but as they are in third place, they will probably have to go through the preliminary rounds first.

"I hope it does not cost anything,” Buffon said cautiously.

“In any case you must never feel pleased with what you have got when you are in this shirt.

“We have been great in not losing against either Inter, Roma or Milan and I say that the team deserves a nice vote of about 8.5 for the season.”

http://goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=667856

first&goal likes this.
  23. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Inzaghi Is A Phenomenon – Ancelotti

Inzaghi is one of the most prolific strikers in the history of the game, and indeed he holds the record for the most goals in UEFA club competition.

At the age of nearly 35, many people believed that Inzaghi’s career was virtually over, however he has been in stunning form in recent weeks.

His goal in yesterday’s 5-1 win over Reggina at San Siro was his fifth in his last three games, and has led to talk of a call-up to Roberto Donadoni’s Italy squad for Euro 2008.

"I have also noticed that [Alberto] Gilardino has not been playing, but Inzaghi at the moment is doing well,” said Ancelotti.

“Gilardino is still is alive and well. Inzaghi is phenomenal, he is the centre par excellence. I need another Inzaghi, only one who is 10 years younger.”

Gilardino is widely expected to be sold at the end of the season, following another miserable season in Italy’s fashion capital. Fiorentina are currently the favorites to snap him up.

http://goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=667807

giovafin likes this.
  24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Barca Demand £35m For Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho had seemed almost certain to join the Rossoneri, as Barcelona have agreed to sell the player at the end of the season.

Negotiations have been ongoing in the past couple of weeks, however the Corriere della Sera says that a problem over the transfer fee has come up.

Barcelona are demanding a whopping €35m for the 28-year-old, which is over £15m more than what Milan are prepared to pay.

Although it is still highly likely that an agreement will be found, this has complicated matters a little, and Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani earlier revealed that it would be a while until the deal was concluded.

Ronaldinho’s agent and brother Roberto de Assis is remaining calm about the situation.

"There's no concern. We're not in any rush," he stated.

Ronaldinho is currently sidelined with injury and is expected to be out for the rest of the season.

http://goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=667783

first&goal likes this.
  25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Moggi: I Defended Juve

Moggi was one of Calcio’s shrewdest transfer gurus up until the Calciopoli crisis in the summer of 2006.

The 70-year-old received a five-year ban from football for his alleged role in the scandal, meaning that he cannot return until 2011, by which time he will be 74.

Moggi has always maintained that Calciopoli was a conspiracy, involving Inter Milan, as well as other important figures.

“I looked to defend a business that, in practice, had no parents. Gianni and Umberto Agnelli died and Juventus were left without a father or a mother,” he explained.

“We didn't have the funds because shareholders weren't putting money into the club and we didn't have the television on our side. We were a step behind the others.

“RAI was of Roma and we won't speak of who Sky and Mediaset belong to. We had to make do with what we had and look strong even if we weren't.”

Moggi has always been painted as something of a shady and mysterious figure, but he says this is an unfair assessment. “I was arrogant, but it is not a crime,” he said.

“I have never had saintly custodians nor have I ever looked for them, let's just say I was a naive person who grew up.

“When I arrived at a certain level, they began to snipe at me from all angles. I didn't understand why but it made me grow even more.”

Finally Moggi couldn’t resist having a pop at Inter. “In the management of this psychological aspect, Inter would definitely be bottom of the table,” he concluded.

http://goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=667750

26. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Yeah, Eto' he's getting frustraded with the all situation and he may will ask to get traded.

27. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Wow no good....classless.

28. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Family reason a generally pretty strong and understandable, but I would like to know the real reason why Parreira quit.....

29. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I thought that George Soros did made an offer, but a new group from the Arab Emirates "Royal Family"
    did contact the Sensi family with a much bigger offer.

30. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I think Roma will push hard trying to get him.

31. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Is nice to see Buffon trying to convince the press to bring Del Piero back with the National Team.
    Personally I feel that Del Piero was superb this year and he deserve another look for the Azzurri.

32. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Inzaghi is incredible, he had a lot of injuries, he's 34 years old, he's not a great soccer player, but he's absolutely the best opportunist that i saw since Paolo Rossi. I love him.

33. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    That's interesting, according to the Gazzetta Barcellona were asking 50 mill.
    35 mill still a lot, but more manageable.

34. Phins28

Phins28 Up the Irons

Dec 4, 2007
    Puerto Rico
    Some Champions League predictions for this week:

Manchester United 2
    Barcelona 0

Liverpool 2
    Chelsea 1

Glory to Manchester United!

first&goal likes this.
  35. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Interesting, you got Manchester over Barcellona ( agree )

36. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    This is a sad news.

Grief football team in Croatia for the death of Hrvoje Custic, a young player 25 of Zadar, died today following the trauma suffered in a wall bordering the field, beating his head violently, during a game last saturday.

alen1 likes this.
  37. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :sad::sad::sad:

38. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Mine is:

ManU : 2
    Barca: 1

Liverpool: 2
    Chelsea: 1

39. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    I know man thats awful1

40. first&goal

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Arsenal trying to take Amauri from Juventus, offering much more money. :)