***The Official World Soccer Thread***

3714 replies

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Aug 10, 2010, 11:42 PM

The US is still looking for a player to combine with Bradley, and a consistent striker that will apply pressure.

Brazil unveiled what is basically the WC winner for 2014.

At least 8 of 11 starters saw the pitch for Brazil tonight. I was impressed.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Skull DestroyerSkull DestroyerForum Veteran
Aug 11, 2010, 04:17 AM

Neymar turns out to be so nasty on football manager 10 by like 2012. There's no way that Santos can hang on to the both of them for too long.

So ready to see Arsenal this weekend. Hopefully Cesc,RVP(coming back to training late), Song, Diaby (injury) will be available. If not, things could get interesting. Looking forward to some Wilshere though.

Also this is the last plug for my fantasy premier group. It's fun and free, pm if interested, gracias.

RangersPhinRangersPhinNew Member
Aug 11, 2010, 03:05 PM

Does anyone happen to be watching Sweden V Scotland?
We have been awful so far. :(


Sig by me.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Aug 11, 2010, 03:16 PM

"Section126 wrote:

The US is still looking for a player to combine with Bradley, and a consistent striker that will apply pressure.

Brazil unveiled what is basically the WC winner for 2014.

At least 8 of 11 starters saw the pitch for Brazil tonight. I was impressed.


Dont be so fast my friend....Germany will be in their prime by then....:up:

Either them or the USA bro!!!

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

finyank13finyank13New Member
Aug 11, 2010, 03:17 PM

"RangersPhin wrote:

Does anyone happen to be watching Sweden V Scotland?
We have been awful so far. :(


I see you found the thread my friend, welcome, and no I havent seen them unfortunately...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Aug 11, 2010, 03:19 PM

"finyank13 wrote:

Dont be so fast my friend....Germany will be in their prime by then....:up:

Either them or the USA bro!!!

I love the german squad...but let's get real here....

Unless Jesus H. Christ himself puts together a soccer team with Mohammed, Buddha and Vishnu as midfielders...NOBODY..and i mean..NOBODY is beating Brazil in Brazil.

and after i just saw what was a preview of their 2014 squad....forget it.

I am going to enjoy the tournament in 2014 to see who makes the final to lose to Brazil.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

wpgfishfanwpgfishfanNew Member
Aug 11, 2010, 03:29 PM

Don't rule out Italy...they only lost 1-0 to Ivory Coast yesterday:cry:

Well after 15 years Bettman lets hockey come back to Winnipeg. Thanks for wasting 15 years

finyank13finyank13New Member
Aug 11, 2010, 03:43 PM

"Section126 wrote:

I love the german squad...but let's get real here....

Unless Jesus H. Christ himself puts together a soccer team with Mohammed, Buddha and Vishnu as midfielders...NOBODY..and i mean..NOBODY is beating Brazil in Brazil.

and after i just saw what was a preview of their 2014 squad....forget it.

I am going to enjoy the tournament in 2014 to see who makes the final to lose to Brazil.


I agree Sec ultimatelly I do...however bro, thats why they play the games right?? I cant even imagine Brazil in 2014 the country, it is gonna be chaos bro....I am planning on going....myself, and my buddy, HD said something about it too....

Do I smell an interested Section?? hahaha me and you would end up on that "Locked Up Abroad" show

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

finyank13finyank13New Member
Aug 11, 2010, 03:47 PM

"High Definition wrote:

God I need to visit Brazil soon.... before I do something stupid like marry this girl.

Just looking into the stands man. ThePhins road trip - who is down?



Dude dont marry ANYBODY!!!!!!!!! You are only 22 for Pete's sake....live a little first bro...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Aug 11, 2010, 03:50 PM

"finyank13 wrote:

I agree Sec ultimatelly I do...however bro, thats why they play the games right?? I cant even imagine Brazil in 2014 the country, it is gonna be choas bro....I am planning on going....myself, and my buddy, HD said something about it too....

Do I smell an interested Section?? hahaha me and you would end up on that "Locked Up Abroad" show

IDK if I would go...I hear they have serious crime issues.

But going for that WC is something that is right up my alley.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

finyank13finyank13New Member
Aug 11, 2010, 04:00 PM

"Section126 wrote:

IDK if I would go...I hear they have serious crime issues.

But going for that WC is something that is right up my alley.


yeah yeah thats what I meant....I wouldnt go visit tomorrow...but the WC, with thousands upon thousands of people there...I would...

I was in Germany when it was there....

Off.
The.
Hook.

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

ALalen1New Member
Aug 11, 2010, 04:03 PM

Never count out Germany in the World Cup IMO. Four years is a LOT of time to grow up.

RangersPhinRangersPhinNew Member
Aug 11, 2010, 04:09 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Never count out Germany in the World Cup IMO. Four years is a LOT of time to grow up.

:up: Very true, the players will become more experienced and do things differently, and they may even have some more talent making the step-up.


Sig by me.

RangersPhinRangersPhinNew Member
Aug 11, 2010, 04:36 PM

Steven Gerrard scores two fantastic goals for England.


Sig by me.

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
Aug 11, 2010, 05:16 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Never count out Germany in the World Cup IMO. Four years is a LOT of time to grow up.

It's going to be Germany or Brazil:up:
Hopefully the US will keep Bob Bradley and he can continue to improve the US squad. God knows the US needs to improve.

ALalen1New Member
Aug 11, 2010, 05:21 PM

"steveincolorado wrote:

It's going to be Germany or Brazil:up:
Hopefully the US will keep Bob Bradley and he can continue to improve the US squad. God knows the US needs to improve.

The US is not that bad IMO. They fared well in the last World Cup and appear to have some youngsters on the team that once developed, could do nice things. Rumour is Jurgen Klinsmann may be taking the job and if he does, he could take them pretty far because he's a quality coach IMO. He's better than Bob Bradley IMO.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Aug 11, 2010, 05:37 PM

"alen1 wrote:

The US is not that bad IMO. They fared well in the last World Cup and appear to have some youngsters on the team that once developed, could do nice things. Rumour is Jurgen Klinsmann may be taking the job and if he does, he could take them pretty far because he's a quality coach IMO. He's better than Bob Bradley IMO.

That is who i want.

it is time to take the next step and challenge for some hardware.

Qualify for the Con Cup, push for the semi-s in Brazil 14'.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

RangersPhinRangersPhinNew Member
Aug 12, 2010, 11:20 AM

Chelsea apparently want Neymar!


Sig by me.

ALalen1New Member
Aug 12, 2010, 11:37 AM

"RangersPhin wrote:

Chelsea apparently want Neymar!

Nooooooooooooooo!

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
Aug 12, 2010, 12:08 PM

"alen1 wrote:

The US is not that bad IMO. They fared well in the last World Cup and appear to have some youngsters on the team that once developed, could do nice things. Rumour is Jurgen Klinsmann may be taking the job and if he does, he could take them pretty far because he's a quality coach IMO. He's better than Bob Bradley IMO.

The US is not that bad IMO, but they are not a world class team, IMO. :up:
I've seen so many people from the US, (not you), that think the US is such a class team in the world that they need to come down to the real world. IMO, the US still have a long way to go to become a real contender in the World Cup. Losing to Ghana (twice) doesn't help the matter.

Some day the US will be contender:up:

Skull DestroyerSkull DestroyerForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2010, 01:57 PM

"RangersPhin wrote:

Chelsea apparently want Neymar!

Santos rejected a 20 mill bid from them a little while ago. Real Madrid were after Ganso before the special one took over, not so sure now.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Aug 12, 2010, 02:19 PM

"steveincolorado wrote:

The US is not that bad IMO, but they are not a world class team, IMO. :up:
I've seen so many people from the US, (not you), that think the US is such a class team in the world that they need to come down to the real world. IMO, the US still have a long way to go to become a real contender in the World Cup. Losing to Ghana (twice) doesn't help the matter.

Some day the US will be contender:up:

That is such a misnomer.

In every single World Cup I can remember, there has only been 4 or 5 realistic contenders in each.

Making the semi-final doesn't make you a contender.

The US's concern is about making the top ten and being a consistent threat to the semi-finals in the WC.

There are only 4 or 5 REAL world class teams. and One of them can't seem to win anything. (England)

This is the class..and nobody else:

Brazil
Spain
Germany
England
Argentina
Italy

Knocking on the door:

Nederlands
France

The US is with everybody else. The goal is to get into that group.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Aug 12, 2010, 02:38 PM

"Section126 wrote:

That is such a misnomer.

In every single World Cup I can remember, there has only been 4 or 5 realistic contenders in each.

Making the semi-final doesn't make you a contender.

The US's concern is about making the top ten and being a consistent threat to the semi-finals in the WC.

There are only 4 or 5 REAL world class teams. and One of them can't seem to win anything. (England)

This is the class..and nobody else:

Brazil
Spain
Germany
England
Argentina
Italy

Knocking on the door:

Nederlands
France

The US is with everybody else. The goal is to get into that group.

i dont see how you can have england in that group and the nederlands outside of it. england is a paper tiger every world cup. they never play like a team. i would put nederalnds ahead of england until england proves that it can field a team and not just a bunch of superstars running around like individuals



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Aug 12, 2010, 03:26 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

i dont see how you can have england in that group and the nederlands outside of it. england is a paper tiger every world cup. they never play like a team. i would put nederalnds ahead of england until england proves that it can field a team and not just a bunch of superstars running around like individuals

All understandable.

BUT.

England's roster is the reason they make the list. Can't deny their talent.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

ALalen1New Member
Aug 12, 2010, 04:14 PM

"Section126 wrote:

All understandable.

BUT.

England's roster is the reason they make the list. Can't deny their talent.

You can deny their talent when it matters though. I'm with Adam on this one.