1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Offseason should begin tommorrow

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Honestly this is pathetic, I do not want to hear about Injuries blah blah blah.. This team is done, its over 3 Prime Time games at home and you EPICALLY FAIL.

We do not deserve national games, in fact Ross needs to make a statement immediately after tonight. He needs to send a message and fire someone. The Offseason should begin now.

Play the rookies sign wake, work on getting rid of Ronnie Brown, shore up the good players and knock some heads. There is no way this team makes the playoffs so winning from here on out is detrimental to our talent growth from the draft.

I'm over this regime and ready to move on. We need to retool front office talent evaluation, coaching staff and key positions. Sad to say but it looks like another 5-7 years before we can compete.

Yes I am officially OFF THE WAGON it's done.. The Dolphins and Obama have promised hope and change only to deliver the opposite.

I hate being negative but GOD-DAMN if this team doesn't irritate the **** out of me anymore. I need to find a new team that can win 20 years of waiting is enough from me. I want to experience a winning team.

Tin Indian, gunn34, Dolfan330 and 3 others like this.
  2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    5-7 years? lol

AbideN703 and GMJohnson like this.
  3. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    It's not 5-7 years if you do it right. It's one year maximum. You have three good WRs, IMO a capable QB in Henne, a franchise LT, at least a good C, a promising RG, a solid 1-2 TE.

On the other side of the ball you're another good pass rusher away from an excellent group. That's not 5-7 years, that's a H.C. who knows how to call a game away.

16 points is not that much considering how pathetic the offense has been. They've been doing fine overall.

4. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    Yes I do think 3-4 years before we are in the deep playoff contenders list. The Jets and New England are going nowhere but up. So best we can hope for is 3rd right now. That does not get you in the Playoffs last time I checked.

You think were one offseason away from a player or two to make the difference right? Well I have heard that for years now and guess what were a whole hell of a lot further away than 2-3 players. We need new coaches as well the team isn't going to believe in them anymore look at Marshall it's already happening. Next year Ross will retool and were looking at at least 2 year transition there and a few more to get their players and those last 2-3 pieces. I easy see 3-4 so maybe 5-7 was a bit over sorry but I just plan had it with this team.

5. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    WOW! I can't BELIEVE how deceived we were by Thigpen's one good drive last week... He doesn't even look like a 3rd stringer tonight.

6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    [​IMG]

Go have fun.

gilv13, dolfndav34, HULKFish and 7 others like this.
  7. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    No. That's all I have to say to you. The team is too talented, too hard working. That dysfunctional Jets team of 08 turned it around quick and they had much more problems than this group.

GMJohnson likes this.
  8. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    They also brought in a COACH.. and a new attitude we bought half of each..

9. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    I will agree on one point: It's time for someone else to try to coach this team. What we are looking at right now is the stark difference between a team that can execute consistently and a team that can't. It is up to the coaching staff to drill and motivate the players until they can execute consistently. If the entire team consistently fails at execution, it's not the players, because we have a lot of individual talent that has succeeded elsewhere. It's the coaches, and the responsibility begins and ends with the head coach. Sparano has failed. Time to let someone else, hopefully someone who has a track record of success, take a shot. No more experiments.

By the way, Parcells is a failure, a quitter, a coward and a fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I didn't say we don't need a new coach.

11. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    this is a bit of an over reaction. In the end, all we learned today is Incognito can't play center, Thigpen can't play QB, and this defense is still pretty good despite everything.

and to be honest, a lot of us knew all of that already.

thigpen. lol.

12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    This team has gotten worse two years in a row now, and has LOOKED worse three years in a row now. I was on the Sparano bandwagon but damn we just aren't performing at this point. We've fired our DC/STC, and called for the OC's head. We've retooled the OL several times, we've brought in Marshall, we've changed QB's several times and we are STILL worse than the year before!?!?!

Some of this **** needs to get laid on Tony's doorstep. I generally believe in patience, but only if things appear to be getting better, and it most certainly is NOT.

Tin Indian likes this.
  13. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    The Falcons, Jets and Ravens all sucked in 2007, yet have blazed past the Dolphins to become super bowl contenders in just 2 years. [they all were last year too]

texanphinatic likes this.
  14. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Ive always kinda felt that way about Bill. But I like everyone else was so desperate after 1-16 we would almost welcome Wanny back. Its pretty clear now, Bill Parcells is overrated. We do have pieces but like all other teams he has coached/managed, he never seemed to get those pieces completely together and form a Super Bowl contender. All his teams since those Giants teams have been colossal underachievers.

15. cdz12250

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Thigpen is the new Ray Lucas.

HULKFish likes this.
  16. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Ok. But the Browns, lions, cardinals, niners, seahawks, bills, bengals, broncos, vikings, cowboys, redskins, you get the point) have all gotten worse or stayed crappy.

This whole 'football' thing isnt supposed to be easy guys.

17. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    no. lucas could actually run an offense. Not incredibly effectively but more so then what i saw from Thigpen tonight.

HULKFish likes this.
  18. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    That said I like Tony Soprano and want him to suceed. But god dammit if this **** keeps getting worse despite all the reshuffling, it might be apparent that he's not Head Coach material. He probably should be a position coach or coordinator, but Head Coach he may not be.

gilv13, Pandarilla and texanphinatic like this.
  19. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    So because other things fail we should keep chugging on with what we have?

20. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I have to say: Season Over

End of story.

Good timing for staff as Mel Kiper's Draft Preview is coming out so Ireland can start with his scouting for next year.

:lol: ;)

Pandarilla likes this.
  21. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    to be honest, we're still only 5-5. Every team we've lost to is currently sitting in a playoff spot. We haven't lost a single game we should have won this season and now we're decimated by injuries.

also, you want change? Carl peterson. That will be the change. think long and hard about that.

22. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Carl Peterson won't coach, and its a tossup whether he actually WANTS to come back, the dude is old, sometimes people just don't want to play the game anymore.

We may be 5-5, and I do admit we have not played an easy schedule, but we have overall played rather poorly. Our offense may be the worst in the league, our special teams is bottom half, though our Defense is looking up.

My biggest issue is that we are NOT improving. How are we better from last year? Two years ago? Short answer is that we aren't, and that is my beef with Sparano. The Jests have gotten better, the Falcons have gotten better, **** the Rams are getting better. We aren't. I still don't know if I want to change the entire staff Sparano included, but I think it needs to be discussed and on the table. This team is not improving and ultimately that comes down to coaching.

Tin Indian likes this.
  23. cdz12250

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    To be fair, we are down to our third string quarterback and our emergency center, our left tackle is playing with one arm, we lost our best receiver, our defense has been out there all night without rest, and we're only going to lose by 16 points.

24. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Hello! McFly! That was our 3rd string QB out there taking snaps from our 3rd string Center for most of the game. Do you even know who the Bears 3rd string QB/C are? Probably not. That's because they didn't play tonight, if they had the game would've ended in a 0-0 tie because both defenses came to play and played well. Yeah we've got some serious offseason work to do. We need more/some play makers on offense, another pass rusher, and another corner. But chill with this 7 year crap, you're whining like a little girl.

xphinfanx likes this.
  25. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Leave me out of the "we" group. All that dirty jock sniffing for nothing boys. I hoped it smelled good.

26. CD13

CD13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Vestal, NY
    Dude don't give up on your team. Worst game ever, but we have many pieces in place ... Long, Marshall, Carey, Bess, Hartline, Henne (?), Wake, Wake, Wake, Smith, Davis, Bell, Dansby, Misi (?), Starks, Jones/Clemens, and the best pair of kickers in the league.

27. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Is it just me or does this sound like a scene from Forrest Gump or something?

28. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    5-7 years? We could be winning within two with a good coaching staff. There is talent on the team.

Stitches likes this.
  29. hazed819

hazed819 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Thigpen came into the game last week clueless and played good. This week he comes in coached up by henning and lee and this is the bull**** we got out of it. Fire Henning, Thigpen might not be amazing but he is definitely better than this. This is purely a product of a horribly called game plan by a horrible coaching staff. If Sparano is the man he needs to acknowledge that right now and salvage his job or all fingers will be pointing at him this offseason. As it looks now this team is heading toward i big decline and if we lose some more games by this magnatude i can almost garantee a coaching change next year which means another losing season. Get a OC that know what the hell he's doing and that is hip to the football of this f*cking decade maybe? What We just saw was a confused *** 3rd string QB attempting to work this POS Henning calls an offense. Thigpen, Henning might of just costed ya a big contract with a team this offseason pal.

30. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Take it easy on the guy. We just lost in supremely embarrassing fashion with a home shutout. He's allowed to be a bit upset at this point.

Dorfdad likes this.
  31. Dolfan330

Dolfan330 My wein is so chaffed...

Jan 25, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm also off the Sparano band-wagon. He sits idle on the sidelines and lets terrible play calling and lousy execution just slide. Grow a pair and take control of the team. Until he can do that, or gets fired, we don't have a chance. The problem starts at the top.

32. hazed819

hazed819 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    His time is coming if he doesnt acknowledge the horrible ofensive scheme and take action. He'll be sitting right next to Wade PHillips, watching someone else do their job better with the same players.

33. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    This game showed nothing but this team needs the next 9 days to see who can suit up after the carnage of this week.

34. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    It's not like he's still a rookie QB from some small school in god knows where. Its not like he's just some unknown career backup journeyman who's never started. He was a starting QB in Kansas City. He should have played better and made better decisions with the football. The coaching staff should've prepared for him better. Because I've watched other teams start their backup QBs and its business as usual Why is it Andy Reid, Bill Belichick, and Mike Tomlin can bring in their backup QBs and still win football games like its business as usual? They were so gung ho on benching Henne for Pennington and thus a series of unfortunate events has bestowed upon this team because of it. We were 4-4, not 2-6. You have to deal with your QB's growing pains, Henne had showed enough that he was progressing. Yes he threw INTs but that's what young QBs do. They eventually grow out of it with enough time, patience, and the right coaching, since not all QBs can be like Dan Marino and be good off the bat. So now Penny once again hurts his still not yet fully healed shoulder and Henne comes in for a cold-start, and gets hurt(also thanks to poor play by the OL recently). The constant shuffling of players hasn't made this team better. Its hurt continuity and chemistry. The predictable and untimely playcalling on offense has played a part as well. The lack of a deep threat, the poor running game, t]he 5 yard box offense, untimely Wildcat plays and trick plays, redzone issues going back to late 2008(the Ravens game) and into 2009. Somewhere along the line something changed in our offense to where we forgot how to pass in the redzone. This year we can't even run into the redzone. We're seeing a Wannyera-esq touchdown drought. Why is it that since the mid-90s we've been anemic on offense? Is it the heat? Global warming? We can't seem to produce on offense year after year. We can't keep relying on just a good defense to get by with every damn coaching staff. We need to learn how to score. Defense is important, but also have to produce touchdowns.

Dorfdad and texanphinatic like this.
  35. cdz12250

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Fact is, we have crapped the bed in front of God and everybody. It's going to be a long way back to respect.

Pandarilla likes this.
  36. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    This isn't the first time this has happened this year on national TV. We take one step forward and then 3 steps back.

37. Da-PhinZ

Da-PhinZ New Member

May 9, 2010
    Menifee
    No doubt the season is over. With a third string c and Qb we probably were not going to win anyways, but a shutout is painful to swalow. Yes these guys are not starters but they do get payed to play, they are men. The problem i saw was as corny as it may seem was, no heart(with a few expetions), Guys were giving up left and right. Although next year I think we will be contenders. Almost everyone in preseason came to the conclusion that we needed one more year, we had too many holes. One more draft and a new OC and I think we will get a playoff birth without a question.

38. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    0 line would help like to see you make a play in less than 2 seconds.

39. finfaninilinois

finfaninilinois Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    you mean our best receiver that dropped easy passes tonight got a unsportsman, stupid penalty on a first down scramble - that best receiver

40. cdz12250

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    I applaud your optimism, but I think the entire coaching staff except Nolan and the whole front office have to go.