1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ohio State University: The Thread

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by GISH, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Its over Henderdon signs with Trojans

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah I read an interview a day or 2 after I heard he was waiting and pretty much summed it up for me that he was USC all the way.

3. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    So I watched the spring game today and here are some of my thoughts.

Pryor looks like he improved but I still think he has ways to go but he is getting there.

Kenny Guiton looks like a much much better passer and may end up the better QB between the 2 but Guiton seriously needs to put on some weight.

I don't know what it is with Brandon Saine but he dances WAY to much in the back field. Thats why Herron is the go to guy is because he is a more physical runner and hits the hole. Not questioning his talent because he has it.
    Jordan Hall is progressing nicely nice change of pace back.

I can't wait to see Carlos Hyde get more touches that guy is a thumper.

I hope to see Berry get healthy because that guy is the most talented of the bunch.

Zach Boren might end up being the best Fullback once he declares for the draft. Talk about a multi threat player.

Finally the coaching staff see's what Stoneburner can do. This guy is going to tear it up.

DeVier Posey scares me. He has inconsistent hands catches some tough ones but drops the easy ones. Reminds me of Chris Chambers. I think Posey is a second round talent because of that maybe third.

Taurian Washington might aswell have his name changed to Mr Spring ball. Every year he tears it up at the Spring Game but as soon as the season starts he doesn't show up. Last year I think he had 7 drops in 2 games it was bad. But looks to be a lock for the #3 WR he is quite fast probably fastest WR on the team.

Dane Sazenbacher is Pryor's favorite target and the reason for that is route running. He constantly gets open and has the best hands on the team IMO.

Duron Carter....... You think his dad would have buckled him down by now about school work.

Oline seems a bit better now.

Front 7 is beastly. Nathan Williams will be much better than Thad Gibson you can bank on that.

Heyward will win DPOY in the Big Ten he is going to dominate the LOS and give guys like Williams and Wells to make some big plays in the backfield.

A guy I want you all to remember is John Simon. Strong upper body strength, relentless he is going to have a great year. Needs to work on Technique but he is coming around nicely.

The LB core is by far the strongest on defense. Brian Rolle and Ross Homan return and finally get to see Sabino wreck some fools. Sabino is like a safety I'm surprised he hasn't been moved to it by now. Andrew Sweat is another name to watch out for. So many names on this side of the ball.

Ah the secondary the achilles heel to his team. Jermiel Hines and Orhian Johnson are quite talented. From what I hear Johnson is going to have a huge year. I'm not so sure. Corner are the worst we have missed out every year on the top corner and its finally caught up. Devon Torrence was burned so many times during the spring game and he is our #2 Corner :pity:. Chekwa is average in my eyes he has good anticipation but if he gets behind the WR he can't locate the ball which usually means PI. Might be the worst Secondary under Jim Tressel.

If Ohio St wants to win the national title their going to need Pryor to have that magical Vince Young type season. Front 7 is spectacular probably going to end up being top 10 in defense and worthy of it. I'm hopeful for a National title appearance but it all hinges on Pryor and the secondary.

Fin-Omenal and Blade like this.
  4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I have to disagree that Chekwa is only average....

Cam will be a force but I think we will miss Thad a lil...agree the LB's are gonna be the defensice "core" of our team.

Pryor grew ALOT from the middle of the year to the end, he finally looked comfortable going through progressions...

This team has the potential to go undefeated, I think we win all our big games but stub our toe vs an unranked Big Ten team.

5. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Chekwa has the tendency to get burned alot. He has games where he looks like a shutdown corner then there are games he just gets roasted.

Look at the Navy game last year. Could Chekwa cover Marcus Curry? I'm pretty sure Currry won those match ups. I think Chekwa does better as a Zone corner IMO.

I don't think we'll miss Thad. Nathan Williams and Keith Wells will make you forget about Gibson.

Pryor's first drive in the Spring game was rusty but once he settled down he looked sharp.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I felt the same way last year. I didn't watch the spring game but watching him last season, I agree.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
  8. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
  9. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Alright bumping this up!

I come away from this game pleased.

Offense was shaky but they made plays I guess if we were rolling on all cylinders We would cracked 50+ points but we didn't need to score that much. The Oline play solid Miami played very good defense for the most part they crowded the line to force Pryor to throw which they did a good job of defending the pass. They did leave some Interception fall through their hands but for the most part they kept Pryor in check. However they struggled containing Pryor and that hurt them.

Defense was Great. They forced turnovers which I'm not use to seeing against talented teams like Miami. The Dline got good pressure on Harris he did a good job getting rid of the ball before the line got there. Nathan Williams made an impact after missing last weeks game. First play back he helped force 1 of many turnovers and he brought constant pressure. He plays a hybrid role of Rush LB and End and he has a very quick step. On that final Miami drive on 2nd down he helped pressure Harris which resulted in a sack and on the 4th he got To Harris as he threw it. The Secondary surprised me BIG TIME. Chekwa looked really good, Torrence looked really well making some key tackles and blocking the FG attempt, Hines was amazing as a Returner and provided some big time hits that caused drops for Miami Receivers.

Well that was a 1 real game for awhile which sucks I'd like to see more competitive teams but were still abusing the BCS and hopefully we can remain undefeated!

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  10. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    You won the game fair and square this time. Miami just can't compete with the money & power a state school like your has. Congrats for you.

11. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    :lol: we won it fair and square in 03 also. I don't understand the other part of what your saying.

12. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Basicly saying that you guys have a advantage because you guys are a public school with kore money rather than a private school like Miami. I really don't understand it at all tho.

13. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    IDK all I know is we won hooray.

14. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Wow Pryor is a god awful passer. Also ST sucks.

15. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Duh. You just now are seeing that? :confused2:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  16. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    He looked good end of last year but he seemed to regress pretty bad. He has made some nice throws but my god he is AWFUL. I don't think he is ever going to get it.

17. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Im not a Pryor backer but BK he was 22-29....grant it some of those completions are ugly and he threw 2 deep balls into coverage for picks but all in all didnt think his passing was bad at all.

18. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I give credit to the receivers for making the proper adjustments to catch his passes. Those 2 INTs should have never been thrown he was forcing the issue. I really hope we fix the ST because there is no way this team can win a National title with that unit.

19. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Yes the ST is actuall laughable....they were lucky some moron blocked in the back or they wouldve had another 99 YD return to go with the blocked kick. :pity:

Those are gamechanging plays and when u play a real jaggurnaut it will bite you in the ***.

The Canes game had NO BUISNESS even being close but yet the ST made sure it was.

20. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Iowa would blow it :pity:

21. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Your new #1 ladies and gentleman.

Ofcourse no true Buckeye fan would be suprised to see us go up to camp randle and lose. We always have a rough time up there and this will be no different.

Our #1 ranking could very easily be short lived.

Iam a Mutha Freakin Genuis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  22. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]
    You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'.

BuckeyeKing and Fin-Omenal like this.
  23. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Hey man I was being modest....I said their was a good chance we would lose.....

[​IMG]

MikeHoncho likes this.
  24. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Ohio St is going to have a very crowded back field in the coming years.

Herron is returning but is suspended for 5 games who will rise in his stead? You have Jordan Hall, Carlos Hyde, Jaamal Berry, and Rodrick Smith coming in. That is a solid corps but what jumps out at me is they're getting 2 of the best Backs in the nation next year in Warren Ball and Brionte Dunn. That is Tressel ball I would watch!

25. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    So I'm reviving this bad boy because Urban Meyer is a recruiting god.

Just landed Noah Spence to go right along with Aldolphus Washington, Tommy Schutt, Se'Von Pittman, Brionte Dunn and Ricquan Southward. Now we wait on Jordan Diamond, Kyle Dodson and Nick Davidson which should fix Ohio St oline woes. My god the depth Ohio St has on the defensive line is scary.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  26. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Not too bad for recruiting all of two weeks! Meyer is gonnna be just fine here in Columbus.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  27. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Just stole OT Taylor Decker from ND...I hate that man.

28. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    UM will leave once he starts to show signs of weakness. Give it 5 years and he is gone.

29. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    5 years with 2 National titles would work for me.

30. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    [video=youtube;SQ2Rvb68pwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ2Rvb68pwc[/video]

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  31. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I can say Ohio High school football puts out some of the best talent in the country. But when you have 90% of the schools doing nothing but running the wishbone or the option. Until the mentality changes Urban Meyer will need to look out of state for the majority of WR's, QB's, TE's.

32. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Not sure if ya'll saw this or not...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ohio-state-loses-top-linebacker-071414922--ncaaf.html

Not sure why this guy is hanging out with them, but sounds like it would be a booster. However, the article claims he is NOT a booster.

Sounds a little bit like an over reaction, but interesting non the less. Means kids/parents are starting to look at these things now.

Fin-Omenal likes this.