1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The One Positive Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

lol. Here's where we look at the good from today's game.

(I know you're hurtin', but please expend the sarcasm in the threads where we are licking our wounds and keep this one as the one safe place, a sanctuary untouched by the bad vibes of the OL, coaching etc. No sarcastic negativity in this sacred little corner of ThePhins.com, please. Thank you)

The Good
    - Dion Jordan is a big time player and will be for a long time
    - When Wake comes back, he and Jordan are going to make life very difficult for opposing offenses
    - Ryan Tannehill has a lot of fight in him
    - This team doesn't quit

What else ya got?

Sumlit likes this.
  2. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    The OL is the glue that is keeping this team together… dont know where we would be without them….

Really, this is not a bad team minus the OL

gilv13 likes this.
  3. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Just about. Both Dion Jordan and Tannehill have the talent and the upside. They are showing it.

Just about everything else is a crapshoot.

DolfanTom and Bpk like this.
  4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

you taking the job off my shoulders this week because i'm ****ing pissed :lol:

agree w/dion jordan and tanny comments. plus clay! hartline!

edit:

the bye week!

Bpk likes this.
  5. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    We have somehow managed 3 wins despite a disgrace for an O-Line and no run game and drops galore. Guess I'll give Tannehill that credit.

Sumlit, DolfanTom, Sleepy and 2 others like this.
  6. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Some great news ... we won't lose next week

miamiron, Sumlit and Dolphins1Beatles like this.
  7. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Dion Jordan is making plays that remind me of Jason Taylor.

Sumlit and Bpk like this.
  8. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Gibson...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Destroyer, mnfinfan and Bpk like this.
  9. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Positives?

We have our quarterback, I just hope we don't get him killed.

Brandon Gibson is better than I ever thought he'd be.

Dion Jordan WILL be a star. Why he is not playing more is beyond me.

Our defensive line is really good.

10. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Also.... I believe the 2013 Dolphins would beat the 2012 Dolphins. That's still progress. And if they add more pieces next year and Tannehill and this very young team all develops further, the 2014 Dolphins will be even better than the 2013 Dolphins.

We may not be an overnight success, but we are building something that could last awhile. I do like that.

11. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Despite our best pass rusher, all the corners, cheese cloth offensive line. We still hung with the Ravens.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Bpk and unifiedtheory like this.
  12. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Ryan Tannehill.

He deserves better. IMo, he showed he can be a top 10 guy with a better oline. Good news is hes young, and keeping him protected should be our only priority this offseason.

Bpk likes this.
  13. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL

Imagine this team with the 49ers OL. It would be a thing of beauty.

14. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    Tough tough game to find a lot of positives about. The biggest positive is that next week is the bye. They need to regroup and reassess some players and get some players healed up.

Bpk likes this.
  15. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Biggest positive is Tannehill. If he can play this well w/ no running game and record-breaking-pace bad protection, I'd love to see what he could do w/ some real time to throw AND more maturity.

Yes, he should have found a way to not take that last sack - it's a growing pain, and a very painful one - that we'll have to live with for now. But this is only year two, hopefully in a couple years, we'll be great and can laugh at games like this.

Bpk and Sleepy like this.
  16. PhillyPhin

PhillyPhin Banned

Sep 30, 2013
    Men can spend more time with their wives as they won't have to attend Dolphins games on Sunday. So...
    - Marriages improve.

Bpk likes this.
  17. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    And the running backs. They pretty much suck too.
    But the D has played their hearts out. I feel bad for them. Hell, maybe Paul Solail can play both ways as an O linemand AND a D lineman...

18. mcdave21

mcdave21 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Keep feeding Wallace the ball. Good things will happen. The drops hurt today but this team will be back. Next year, with a better oline, Tannehill will blossom.

19. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
    Got to agree with this one, Wallace has been a flat out disappointment, but Gibson has been brilliant.

20. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    OKAY
    We have our QB, I have thought that all along despite complaining about him last week...He got that bounce back personal win that I wanted him to get...I had this pegged as a loss anyway.

We got Mike Wallace the ball, lets keep doing that

Brandon Gibson is a stud

Dion Jordan is a stud

Charles Clay was a hell of a find in the draft despite us being labeled as a team that doesn't draft well.

Lamar Miller is a good back if he has blockers of any kind

Jared Odrick, Randy Starks, Big Paul, Reshad Jones, Grimes...There are plenty of positives about this team but we are sorely lacking at probably the most important position which is the O-line.

21. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    But Tannehill will still get sacked

22. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    No shortage of positives out of today.

1. The Ravens had sh-tty tight ends but the Dolphins still kept them relatively in check.

2. The interior DL absolutely dominated the Ravens in pass rush and for most of the game in run defense.

3. Ryan Tannehill - 4th & 10...nuff said.

4. Mike Wallace caught 7 balls for 105 yards...on quite arguably a BAD day.

5. Brandon Gibson continues to outperform my expectations.

6. Dion Jordan essentially created 7 points on the scoreboard today. That's pretty awesome.

7. Brent Grimes, yes Brent Grimes, was a positive. For each one of those 6 catches for 121 yards, Grimes was stuck on Torrey Smith's *** like a stubborn dingleberry. It was an INTENSE battle between two very good players and the difference for the majority of those plays was purely the quarterback's ball placement. Throw after throw Joe Flacco defined the meaning of the old adage, "a great throw beats great coverage". Grimes can play the exact same game next week and end up a hero not allowing a single catch, and the only difference will have been some subjective officiating and slightly worse ball placement.

8. Charles Clay, even though he dropped a ball at a critical moment late in the game, had a really nice day. He had two real game-winning plays today though. That 45 yard catch was superb, and it's the kind of play that breaks stalemates. His touchdown catch was equally superb, and again it's the kind of thing that breaks stalemates.

9. I felt like we were winning the special teams battle all day. And you almost got this feeling like the special teams could break the game open for us. The missed 57 yarder is irrelevant. You don't win games counting on rookie kickers, or any kicker for that matter, to make game-tying 57 yard field goals.

10. Pass interference notwithstanding, Nolan Carroll was a big positive. Hopefully he's not too badly hurt. The pass interference was ticky tack. A few drives later they showed one of those montages of the plays Flacco had made or the Dolphins had given up and they showed a good end zone camera view of the DPI play. It gave you a better appreciation for what exactly the official back there was seeing. Carroll took his right arm and draped it around the receiver way before the ball got there. In my opinion, the contact had no effect on the receiver but the official on the back end didn't have a good enough view to see that and he's specifically taught to key in on exactly what Carroll did, and throw the flag when he sees it. It was a subjective call, one I wouldn't have made, but you can't claim Carroll was 100% faultless for it either. Even so, I thought the Grimes DPI in the end zone was much more clear-cut, and overall Carroll had a nice game.

23. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Olivier Vernon isn't getting any love but he should be. He was outstanding today.

dolfan22 and CitizenSnips like this.
  24. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Koa Misi as well.

25. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    Best gameni havebseen from him in a long time