1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The only two good things I can think of

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pbateman, Oct 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Pbateman

Pbateman New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Were Cameron Wake continuing his development as a premier pass rusher, and Vontae holding Moss to 0 catches (at least I think it was 0). Other than that I saw one of the worst special teams displays I've ever seen in 30 years of watching professional football, and a team that was just as disjointed offensively and defensively as we appeared in the preseason. We may have to put those division champ and even wildcard aspirations on ice for a year, but I think if we can get these young guys to focus and execute without making so many ****ing mistakes, we'll be ok in the long run.

And for the record I hate this embarrassment and poor excuse for a game as much as the rest of you, but from the very beginning of preseason I did not have us pegged as a legitimate superbowl contender this year, so I guess I can view these games more as learning experiences given the average youth/inexperience of this team and not get as emotional as I would really like to.

brandon27 and BlameItOnTheHenne like this.
  2. New_York_Fins_Fan

New_York_Fins_Fan New Member

Sep 12, 2010
    This is a good point of view..I still feel like doo doo though

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    bess, fasano, marshall, ricky, and langford all had real good games.

4. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie

Not even the great Darryl Regis could do that.

5. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Tight ends didn't kill us

but every other facet of the game did

New_York_Fins_Fan likes this.
  6. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    I aint interested in individual accomplishments.

7. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    The Giants got embarrassed in primetime against the Colts and then dominated by the titans a week later then came out and beat up the Bears! Oh wait, they lost to 2 AFC teams then beat an NFC team. We lose to 2 division rivals at home and then we have a Bye week and then an NFC road game.

Ok, that doesn't help make anyone feel better.

FinFan_Est.1984 likes this.
  8. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    I also like Regis:shifty:
    [​IMG]

Frumundah Finnatic and SICK like this.
  9. Pbateman

Pbateman New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    I do feel pretty ****ty I won't lie, its just I have to put these things in perspective and balance that with what I hope us to accomplish with our next 12 games. As long as we don't allow ourselves to fall in that bottomless abyss from 07 there will be things learned this year and we have a LOT of young guys we need to get a feel for. In this way, I think we can come out firing with both barrells next year hopefully.

10. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    One positive: No traffic leaving the stadium.

That's it.

11. frozenfin

frozenfin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I like the drive the offense put together to score the second touchdown (Ricky catch & run). After a kickoff return for TD and then a blocked punt to all of a sudden be down by two scores, they marched 80 yards and responded with 7. Then our D gets pushed around by Danny Woodhead (what did I just say?), give an assist to the officials and the bull**** no-holding call.

12. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Youth and inexperience, youth and inexperience....blah, blah, blah. Meantime the Jets sign vets and are legit SB contenders. **** this. We have been "rebuilding" since 2004 when we showed Wannstache the door. Enough already ! I want a team that will win, and now, not always hoping for some future team that will win. I've seen this enough damn it.

13. Pbateman

Pbateman New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    I hear you, we all want to win now. But we don't have the talent to do it consistently. The optomistic view is that they're too young and will take a while to master their positions, the pessimist says we're overvaluing our talent and need to draft/aquire talent better. Either way our 53 guys as they are now just aren't built to win a world championship, and I don't think anything is gonna change that this year realistically.

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Davis is a stud.