1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The OTHER Under-Valued Florida DE... No Not Tank. Brandon Jenkins.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Bpk, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

This guy is interesting. He has a great 2010. Puts on weight becuase he is convinced he 'has to' to become an NFL DE and run-defending DE. He ends up slow and has a horrible 2011. Loses the weight and goes back to his 2010 playing weight. Has GREAT spring practices, but injures himself and misses his senior year.

Here's a guy who, with the injury discount, may be valued by teams based on what he put on tape in 2011 when the truth is, he can perform at his 2010 level again. This could be a late-round sleeper pick for someone.

My concern is, CAN he perform at a 2010 level against NFL tackles without the extra weight, in fact? Also, has the injury robbed him of any ability? Is he susceptible to another injury?

With the question marks, and the decent but not stellar 2011 season tape in scouts' minds, there's a chance we could scoop this guy as a steal in the 4th or 5th round. I'm inlcinied to saying wait til the 5th and if he is there, nab him. Someone may take him sooner, however.

My Notes:

So here is one of my great value-pick guys. A guy who has most likely been written off as 'having regressed' because his 2011 tape was worse than his 2010 tape, and then he spent 2012 injured so he could not correct that. Here's a guy whose 2010 form is arguably a first-round, or at worst a second round pass rush talent... but who probably drops significantly. Could we steal him as late as the fourth or fifth round? I would take him in the fifth if he were there.

2. Bpk

[video=youtube;xoh0bWq4TQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoh0bWq4TQc[/video]
    [video=youtube;SYHY5BgFX9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYHY5BgFX9w[/video]

[video=youtube;BV6AdP2xrN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV6AdP2xrN8[/video]

MrClean likes this.
  3. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Absolutely beasted Anthony Castonzo a couple of seasons ago. Not sure he's ever recaptured that form since.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He can be a bit frustrating to watch. He's in the mold of old FSU edge rushers, a la Everette Brown, which is a bit concerning. He's behind Werner and Carradine as a pass rusher.

ToddPhin likes this.
  5. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Florida State not Florida BPK

6. Bpk

Sorry bro!!!

7. Bpk

Agree! But there is a point at which he becomes a great value in the draft. I think that is the end of the 4th round.