1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Pat Package" and other stuff

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolpns13, Aug 7, 2009.

1. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Looks like Sparano has implentented an entire offensive package for White.. Will be intersting to see this on the field..

The Dolphins look committed to finding a way for second-round pick Pat White to play this season. The rookie has been the source of much consternation over whether he will be moved from quarterback to receiver. I expect that he will have a play or two where he winds up a receiver. But Sparano emphasized that White will not only play quarterback this year but also have a "Pat Package."
    Here is how Sparano described it: He said that coaches are finding that it will be difficult to get White in command of the entire offense by the season-opener. But the goal is to have White ready to play in Week 1 at Atlanta on Sept. 13. Thus, the Dolphins are charting the plays he knows well, executes well, shows a flair for conducting, and those plays will be his package. Sparano said when he was offensive line coach with Dallas, the Cowboys did this for quarterback Tony Romo early in his career.

Also some other nuggets

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/sto...late=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    it's all about the WildCat

3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I honestly believe the Pat Package has anything to do with the wildcat.

I see the Pat Package as the plays they want him to master just in case both QBs go down and he has to play QB.

There will be a different Pat Package, probably called something else for the wildcat plays.

dolfan7171 and djphinfan like this.
  4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    great article

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i understand that they must get him ready to a degree, to be our third in a crunch, but i also wanted him to perfect what it is we want him to do in the wildcat. i guess learning the position first is important, so they know if they have to, he can go in and be at least functional for a third string rookie.

It looks to me as though what ive been saying may come to fruition, Ronnie will be runnin the majority of this cat {as it should be}, and pat will be his sidekick athlete that keeps the defense honest, and as he gets bigger and stronger and more comfortable, they will start to implement some cat plays of his own in the shotgun, with ronnie by his side.

The wildcat offense is not going anywhere as long as ronnie brown is a miami dolphin, so our front office imo, knows that each level must be executed to perfection before you can move to the next. And that next level is simply adding Pat to the equation of what ronnie and the offense did last year.

dolfan7171 and mullingan like this.
  6. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Am I the only one who finds the phrase "Pat Package" hysterical?

7. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Nope!

My wife already has the Pat Package down pat. :lol:

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i sure would like to know what his package looks like.........what