1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pennington Plan

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tin Indian, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Assuming Darlington's info is accurate, it doesn't look too promising for White at Qb. At least this year.

"
    The Dolphins' plan, barring an offer that's too tempting to ignore, remains to keep both Pennington and Thigpen on the roster.
    The new depth chart at quarterback doesn't speak well for the future of second-year quarterback Pat White, making it more important than ever for White to prove worthy of a niche role by the end of training camp."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/09/1519723/the-pennington-plan-has-vet-as.html

2. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    White was drafted to provide a true pass option to the Wildcat. From early training camp, White had accuracy problems. Whenever he lined up in the Wildcat, he was never a threat to throw. He looked tentative and confused. I think his problem is mental. At this point the game is way too fast for him. Unless something happens in the offseason, I see him ending up on the practice squad.

3. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

As bad as he was last season no way he ends up on the practice squad, someone else would sign him to their 53 man roster.

4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I want to believe the coaching staff has a plan for Pat White, I really do. But I think it was just a draft blunder.

5. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    Gainesville Florida
    He needs to find a new position or be traded for whatever we can get.

6. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    The only way his career can be salvaged is if he can play a different position I believe. He just doesn't have the accuracy to be a QB. I hate to say that because the guy clearly is a great guy, good heart, and just great team player from the looks of it. But he's clearly not there as an NFL QB

7. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    To some degree White's demeanor on the field reminded me of Brennan Marion's. Like cdz stated he looked tentative; just not entirely comfortable. While that doesn't necessarily mean that he's a lost cause, I would think it does mean it'll take quite a bit of time for him to develop.
    Such is the problem for our team. I don't believe Pat White deserves a roster spot over Tyler Thigpen. Nor do I want to see him take up a roster spot that, say, Greg Camarillo would have otherwise occupied. Unless he shows something other worldly, we're not going to keep a player just to return kicks - Sparano has already made it clear just how much he values snap count numbers. This FO is going to have to get creative if they want to keep him around (for whatever reason).

8. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    What is Darlington basing any of this on? Seems like 100% conjecture on his part.

9. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    actually I feel like the plan for Pennington is a trade. They got around a no-trade clause by upping the money, and a QB for two are bound to get injured in training camp somewhere. Honestly, I think Pennington will be a desperation trade and we get a young OLB in return

10. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i agree that the utimate plan for Penny is trade ... since we wouldn't have to pay the escalation in $$$$ -- as it could be worked out in the trade. Someone is going to want him ... whether it be pre/post draft or as a result of injury in TC.

also agree, that this doesn't bode well for White ... and he did look so very, very bad last year.