1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the perils of sports betting, Steelers and Dolphins

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by padre31, Oct 24, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, I know this is a football mostly topic, however this is an angle that no one has broached and it deserves commentary.

As Dolphins Fans we clearly think we were screwed, now put yourself in the shoes of a gambler who bet on the Steelers. They had the Steelers -3 points, meaning they had to win by more than 3 pts.

If that Ref had allowed the TD call to stand..Steelers bettors..happy happy.

Because they kicked the FG and won by 1 pt...a whole slew of Steelers bettors just were hosed...

Football betting is like the guy who you work with, who is always on time, never drinks on the job, drives a Volvo ,,99% of the time..there is that 1% of the time that they show up at noon, pull out the hip flask and snort lines off of the Bosses Desk.

Part of the reason why I do not bet football often..that dude can show up at any time.

2. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i could see them being hosed if it were in fact a td and was taken back by a botched call but it was not a td to begin with so no hosing towards anyone but dolphin players/fans.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    On the other hand, if you had taken the Steelers to win, or had taken the over at 41.5 points, you were happy.

4. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Or the Dolphins to cover

5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    I do white-collar gambling.

stock market :lol:

6. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    you just have to bet a lot in equal amounts to spread the risk and let those odds play themselves out. you need serious bankroll to pull it off. betting a thing or two is a recipe for failure