1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The positives list thread-Week 3

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Section126, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    1. This is a sledgehammer running game. Especially since every team we play against, completely disrespects our passing game.

2. This was as good a game as Jake Long has played in a long while.

3. I have to go back to Jason Taylor's DPOY season to find a Dolphin playing better than Mike Pouncey is right now. He's the best player on the team.

4. Reshad Jones was our best DB and I am becoming optimistic about him panning out.

5. (Reggie Roby blasphemy) Fields is the best punter in Dolphin history.

6. I liked Tannehill's aggression in overtime, but I would like to see him throw to true deep targets to judge his deep ball.

7. Reggie Bush was on his way to a Buck and a quarter. He is a true NFL star.

8. Lamar Miller is already the teams' second best skill player.

9. Davone Bess is not only one of the best route runners on the team, he is one of the best in the NFL.

10. I have no doubt in my mind that Davone Bess would be "Wes Welker" if he were in Wes Welker's situation.

11. Cam Wake beat his man all day, and dumb luck / poor secondary play kept him from several sacks, and a possible Defensive player of the week.

12. This group of Linebackers (Dansby, Misi, Burnett) played the best game they have played collectively since they have been together.

the 23rd, MrClean, Agua and 16 others like this.
  2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    We'll see when I dissect the tape but the one that immediately stands out to me is Reshad Jones. He was the culprit on Kerley's 60+ yard reception and I had him late on several other plays. He certainly made some plays but he also let up costly ones. He was Richard Marshall-esque.

I like Pouncey and he's good but I think he's just been placed in a scheme where he ends up with the opportunity to make the kinds of blocks that people actually notice, as opposed to the myriad (often key) blocks an OL makes during the game that everyone kind of glosses over. He's good but comparing him to Jason Taylor's DPOY season is off, IMO.

3. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Which kinda tells you my opinion of our secondary yesterday, if I thought he was our best DB.

4. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Ugh.

Reality ===> hit

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Miller and Thomas combined for like 27/128 or something.

Check this out, if Reggie misses time, we're gonna have four players in the backfield with one years exp..

Imagine Lamar, Tannehill, Lane, cause its gonna happen, lol..I'm excited to see that happen..

We're rebuilding, let's see what are young ins can do.

the 23rd likes this.
  6. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    In his first shot at it in the NFL, Tannehill came through TWICE in the clutch. Once to tie at the end of regulation, and then in OT to set up the winning kick that Carpenter dun goofed on.

PhiNomina, jsizzle, HULKFish and 13 others like this.
  7. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Absolutely loved this! No big eyes. No seeming like it was too big for him.

8. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    True. That's a good point. People get caught up in what he didn't do but look what he DID do. We were pinned at our own 10 yard line and he executed a drive where he threw 47 yards himself to get us to the opposing 32 yard line for a makeable 49 yard field goal to win. And let's get right to it, the final three plays (1st, 2nd, 3rd down) on that drive were Daniel Thomas run (3 yard), Ryan Tannehill pass (0 yards) and Daniel Thomas run (2 yards). Does Tannehill get more blame for trying to win the game on 2nd & 7 and missing the connection, or does Daniel Thomas get the blame for running 3.25 yards per carry in overtime behind an OL that had helped Reggie Bush and Lamar Miller run a 5.74 yards per carry against the same team?

And you're right. We're down 20-17 with 2:52 remaining...Tannehill's passing gets us 36 yards and Thomas' running gets us 12 yards, and we're able to hit the tying field goal with 21 seconds left. Thats was big for the rookie.

9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Also, no one has brought it up but that play by Burnett and Dansby on the goal line where they both leaped and formed a wall and blasted Greene was one of the best stuffs I've ever seen. Got me pumped up!

HULKFish, Stitches, gunn34 and 3 others like this.
  10. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    That was straight out of a movie. I was in the end zone watching it from behind. That was pretty cool.

Wish the coverage issues with them wouldn't continue. Two years in a row now, really maybe three years, Dansby seems like a guy that genuinely has to play himself into mid season form. I don't know why but it seems true. It's a shame but what are you going to do about it other than cut him?

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  11. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Outside of the icing the kicker, which is debatable, I think Philbin and company coached a hell of a game. I like the fact that they were playing for the win and not the field goal to end the game, even though it didn't work out.

HULKFish and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  12. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'm so pissed my DVR didn't record the final few minutes of the 4th and I missed that final drive. by the time the recording ran out (17-13 Miami), I flipped it to real time and OT was just starting.

13. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    No structural damage to Reggie's knee.

Misi showing great burst to close on mofos in the flat.

Our run defense showed up again with like a 2.7 yards per carry average.

14. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    I was as depressed and disgruntled as anyone yesterday ... but now that I've had time to cool off. I'll throw in a few more perspective thoughts and positives:

1. Saints were considered legit playoff contenders ... and are 0-3

2. We pummeled a team that gave the Steelers, another legit playoff contender, a shocking loss

3. We have the same record as the preseason division favorite Patsies

4. We're performing at a near equal level with several of these legit playoff contenders while doing so with clearly a sub par receiving and defensive back corps

5. Lastly, we're one end of 2nd quarter implosion and two missed FGs from a legit shot at being 3-0

Those may be of small consequence to some ... but I take them as something to be excited about

jsizzle, gunn34 and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  15. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    built to stop the run, and very good at it, maybe the best, problem is its a Qb league.They make plays in the air.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  16. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Just want to know your feelings on the 3 deep routes to hartline? Calling the same play twice in a row when Tannehill sails the ball out of bounds on both of them? Also, the one in OT that cost us a chance at getting closer so the kick wouldn't be as tough?

17. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    That's what happens when your best safety is playing cornerback and the regular cornerback play is substandard with no depth.

dolfan32323 and Bpk like this.
  18. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    -We are as tough as they come in trenches. Looks like we can run on anybody.

-Defense had a couple of turnovers

-Our O-line held up really well in pass protection

-Fields is still amazing

-Tannehill was still poised in critical parts of the game

Bpk, Section126 and Pandarilla like this.
  19. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    I like this kid Tannehill. If we had a big receiver that could actually go up and fight for the ball it would be a hell of a lot better.

20. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Through three games, our running backs have accounted for 651 yards from scrimmage, and five offensive TDs. Thats 217 a game. I expected the team to rely on them as production, but its still very impressive. Obviously its very early (and Reggie suffered an injury), but Bush is on pace for nearly 2000 yards from scrimmage, and Thomas and Miller are on pace to rush for more than 1000 yards combined as well. Normally, Id say that theres no way that we'll keep up that pace, but with the way our offense is built and our gameplans thus far, it could happen if they remain relatively healthy. Its a huge help to a rookie QB, and good planning by the coaches.

Too bad they abandoned this in the 4th quarter Sunday!