1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Prisoner

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ILPhinFan88, Jul 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

AMC's general manager Charlie Collier told SCI FI Wire that the cable network's upcoming reboot of the classic 1960s British SF series The Prisoner will have some familiar elements.

"I don't really think of it being sci-fi, but it has the elements of the Village and the gadgetry," Collier said in an interview at the Television Critics Association press tour on July 9 in Beverly Hills, Calif. Collier wouldn't reveal much more about how the show is being updated, but he offered one big spoiler: The giant white ball, Rover, will be part of the new show.

"Rover was a big part of the TV series, it will be part of it, we can't talk about it extensively now, it will get me in trouble," Collier said.

The Prisoner, AMC's second original miniseries, combines espionage, thriller and science fiction and will star Jim Caviezel as Number Six, a part originated by Patrick McGoohan. McGoohan served as the creator, producer, writer and director of the 1960s series. Lord of the Rings star Ian McKellen will play Number Two, Six's boss and the man who apparently controls the mysterious Village in which he is trapped

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=57430

2. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I gotta get the original on NetFlix.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  3. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Was in Portmerion last week on holiday, where The Prisoner was filmed. Forgot my damn camera that day though.

4. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Hey, Simon ... long time no see. Hope your summer is fab.

5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I was just having recollections of The Prisoner the other day. Loved that show when I was a kid...

Does it ever air on TV?

6. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Hey Steve.

All good mate. You OK?

Hate this time of the year, hence my silence. Plus there's been Euro 2008 to keep me occupied, etc.

7. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Fantastico. :up: