1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pulse of Steelers fans after Sunday 09-24-2017...

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by CashInFist, Sep 25, 2017.

1. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/jersey-sales-for-villanueva-have-skyrocketed.17617/

Jersey Sales for Villanueva have skyrocketed

- "His jersey is the ONLY money I would consider spending for the nfl now.

If we hadn't already bought tickets to a game this year we wouldnt be going."

- "My cause is freedom, I believed so strongly in it I donned a uniform. I don't agree with the kneeling but it doesn't violate existing rules and is an expression of the freedom of speech (albeit ignorant ).

My wife and I planned a weekend to Pittsburgh almost a year ago to see the Pens and steelers at home. Should we just cancel our whole trip? At least the Pens respect tradition enough to go to the white house regardless of their like or dislike of the man in office.

Our tickets are a sunk cost, the league has already been paid whether I resell them or not. I can however fill a seat and not buy any merchandise or concessions."

- "Trying to keep politics out of it: I understand what the team was trying to do, but as far as perception goes, staying in the locker room or tunnel is the same as not respecting the anthem or flag. I'm sure to many, it initially seemed like a good idea but in hind sight looks like an error in judgement.

I'm just glad someone had the balls to do the right thing even when you are the only one doing it."

- "As a war veteran myself I would be proud to stand at his side, we laid our lives on the line for that flag and after returning from war we just cant ignore the symbol we could have died for as many did, our patriotism supersedes any other causes society may deem more important than what we lived through in a war zone ...."

- "I am sure Captain Villanueva
    Feels the same way as I do about people not standing which is a salute to the flag that makes this country great. There can be another way of showing unity besides kneeling for the anthem. Teams could meet facing each other and shake hands before the game like they did in 1982. I fought 30 years for folks to have freedom. I feel the people kneel and all forms of disrespecting people can KISS MY ***"

- "At the end of the day, they should have just come out, stood, and linked arms. The teams who did that aren't being scrutinized, and everyone understands the message. The players on the Steelers who said they would kneel basically threw the whole franchise under the bus and forced everyone into an awkward distraction/situation."

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Even the players are confused as to what's happening.