1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Return of Odrick

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Sep 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    We all know Odrick suffered a hairline fracture of his leg in week 1. The word was he'd miss 2 games which means he'll likely be ready for the Patriots game for week 4.

Might it make sense to hold him out of that game and make his first game back in week 6? We have a week 5 bye. It would be a shame for him to re-injure the leg or suffer some other injury due to rust. But it would be nice to have him back for the Pats game.

I dunno. I was looking at the schedule and it occurred to me that having Odrick miss the Pats game might be the most prudent move.

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    yes with the bye week after its perfect. dont wanna rush him and get more setbacks

CaribPhin, dolfan7171 and MikeHoncho like this.
  3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I agree...the D has looked good. Please don't rush him back too soon.

4. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Soliai filled in admirably as the starting NT. Starks and Langford as starting DE should be good enough for the Jest and Pats. It's not like the Pats have a good RB like AP who we stoned without Odrick. And hey, LT nor Shonn Greene are as good as AP at this time so I think we could manage with Odrick out of the lineup. If we're scared we can always go get Douglas or something. I think we should have one more spot open on the roster right?

5. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    The great thing about a strong D is that it makes average players bring their game up to a much higher level, and that was definitely the case over the past two weeks. While he's missed it's probably better if they let it heal 100% before rushing him back out on the field...and the bye is in a great place for that to happen.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    if he's a go, he'll play Sunday, you just never know until after the fact with this Regime

7. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Good idea. I'd love to have him on the field but give him the extra time and make sure his leg is ok.

8. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    If he's not 100% for the Jets game, then don't bring him back till after the bye. We could use him on run support, but as far as pass rush goes, we seemed to handle that pretty well in the Vikings game, I'm sure we can do the same with the pats.

dolfan7171 likes this.