1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The RG Kraig Urbik Trade Block

Discussion in 'Trades' started by VanDolPhan, Feb 28, 2013.

1. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    You've all seen the #'s in FA that OL are going for. So I am offering RG Kraig Urbik for trade. Strong pass blocking RG (Levitre #1 overall and Urbik 11 overall of all guards in PFF pass block rating...and yes I caved and picked up PFF ;p). Rated a solid 7.3 and 8.3 the past 2 seasons.

All at a very easy to manage $2,750,000

OL are going for 2 - 3 times that for lesser quality players on the CUT market alone. Imagine how nuts it will get in true Free Agency.

Don't get stuck paying $10 million for an equivalent guard. Save your cap room for the skill positions!

Looking for: Draft Picks, Starting Quality LB's (Middle/Weakside), RT's, DT's.

2. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Also putting Eric Wood C on the block. Why not. I think it will be fun to totally remake my OL ;p Same deal as Urbik as far as wants go.

3. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    The thing with PFF is aside from their methodologies, they don't seem to be terribly predictive of future performance for any guys less than the superstars. I'm all for the quantification of things, but for this game, they don't seem to have much use because they only tell you what a player has done, without any form of projection for what they will do.

4. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I put it out there cause there are guys here who live and die by PFF. I picked it up for the month just to deal with the guys who are like "Well so and so is a 10.9 with PFF". Just another tool in the end. Hell I'll steal from a team that lives by it...I'll go after their zone blocking OL...because PFF does a crap job and penalizes guys harshly when they did what they were supposed to do. I don't think they get zone concepts at all offensively or defensively.

It can point you in the right direction sometimes...ie: that TE I picked up because he apparently was a massive road grader. I wouldn't have known that simply looking at his stats or googling it.

5. Sean

Sean FIST PUMP ON!

Dec 2, 2007
    Darnell Dockett in a deal for Eric Wood?

6. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Too expensive for my tastes. Honestly if Bdog had shopped Mosley I would have been all over that.