1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show- REMAKE

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

MTV will remake the 1975 SF cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Variety reported. :angry:

Lou Adler, executive producer of the original film, is partnering with BermanBraun and Fox Television Studios on the new rendition.

The two-hour remake will use the original screenplay by Jim Sharman and Richard O'Brien, but may also include music not featured in the original.

Helmer and casting decisions have yet to be announced.

Timetable for the start of production hasn't been established yet, but the partners aim to move forward quickly once the final elements are in place.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=58031

2. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    This is an abomination.

The entire appeal of the original was the audience participation at screenings. I used to go to the midnight showings all the time in the late 70's and early 80's just to enjoy the interaction.

This remake will be a watered-down "updating" that will have none of the soul of the original.

And the fact that MTV is behind it makes the bile rise in my throat.

padre31, gafinfan, JCowScot and 5 others like this.
  3. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Man I remember getting baked outta my head and seeing that show as a teenager. This is gonna suck.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  4. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I'm not opposed to remakes as a rule, and Rocky Horror might be a good candidate, if it were handled well.

That said, the fact MTV is handling it ruins any chance whatsoever of it being handled well. MTV is a joke.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
    Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  5. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

I can just see it now: Justin Timberlake as Dr. Frank-N-Furter...

:pity:

opfinistic likes this.
  6. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Rocky Horror is the cheesiest movie in history. That's its charm. A remake...blech.

7. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Man, thats the pitts!! The ONLY way to see that movie is dressed up/or down :wink2: at midnight! bummer:pity:

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Man is that true, Rocky Horror was this sort of beat up hood rat vehicle that someone had put glitter all over and people noticed it and liked it.

It was cheeseball and funny, a remake is a bit like taking that hood rat Civic and trading it for a Rolls Royce with a driver...

Bleech....

9. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

O'Brien's Stern Words About Rocky Horror
    Source:BBC August 14, 2008

"I have no view on whether it should be remade but it doesn't have my blessing," says Richard O'Brien, writer and co-star of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Commenting to the BBC about Sky Movies and MTV's Rocky Horror remake - announced last month - he adds that he is in fact not co-producing this new vision, contrary to early reports.

"I've even heard that they're going to put new songs in," he tells the press. "I wrote the book, the music and the lyrics. Where are they going to get the songs from? Who's going to do that? That's a bit strange isn't it?"

Executive producer Lou Adler is overseeing the redux for MTV which has plans to air Rocky Horror on television. Sky Movies will give it a theatrical run abroad.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=7348

This is goin to SUCK beyond belief :pity:

10. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Wait. O'Brien's not even INVOLVED?!? No thanks.