1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The secret teachings of all ages

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by BigDogsHunt, Sep 25, 2009.

1. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    For anyone interested I point to this website...if anyone has this book, I find you fortunate...but the site is loaded with the content as well.

I posted this in the Religion/Spirituality thread, but would love to open this up to discussion here as well.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta00.htm

If no one agrees it should be here as well, I apologize and understand if its moved.....I am taken aback by how so much of what Modern Day "science" is discovering, has been previously discovered, or in many ways discussed and written about well over 2,000 years ago, etc.

gafinfan likes this.
  2. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well if I understood correctly what I have read, the reason for that is because of all the information destroyed during the Dark Ages. Which occurred after the fall of the Western Roman Empire and as different people and religion grew. These new people and the growing influence of religion either had no use for the old information that Romans and before them Greeks had created or wanted that information gone to serve their own purposes. In fact it has only been since the Renaissance (the Enlightenment period or what have you) have scientists and scholars really started to discover things the Greeks/Romans knew or discovered. Then taking into consideration that a lot of information of the Romans/Greeks was destroyed or is just now being discovered then you can see how some things modern science claims has already been found. Its not that modern scientists or scholars aren't as smart as they think they are because something they created has already been discovered...its just how could they have known?

Modern society is struggling to catch up with ancient times and if anyone is to be looked at with a disapproving eye it isn't today's thinkers but instead those that destroyed all that information years ago. That is history, however, and you are right it is interesting.

BigDogsHunt and gafinfan like this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Of course I own the book. Not only do I own it I have read it and understand it. It's not hard to find it's sold at your local bookstore most likely.

The Secret Teachings Of All Ages by Manly P Hall (freemason extrodinaire)

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/

What are you looking to discuss my friend?

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  4. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Any and all aspects you find interesting. There is so much to select and digest.

I found the simple stuff about Bacon and Sheakespeare to be quite interesting....but so much...anything really.

Since you have it, and have digested it, what do you find most interesting?

5. anlgp

I really enjoy Tarot. I'll quote a section

"The first numbered major trump is called Le Bateleur, the Juggler, and according to Court de Geblein, indicates the entire fabric of creation to be but a dream, existence of juggling of divine elements, and life a perpetual game of hazard. The seeming miracles of Nature are but feats of cosmic legerdemain. Man is like the little ball in the hands of the juggler, who waves his wand and, presto! the ball vanishes. The world looking on does not realize that the vanished article is still cleverly concealed by the juggler in the hollow of his hand. This is also the Adept whom Omar Khayyam calls "the master of the show". His message is that the wise direct the phenomena of Nature and are never deceived thereby." p. 414 Chapter An Analysis of the Tarot Cards

Pictured below The Magician (Or Juggler)
    [​IMG]

----------------------
    Do you see how the magician has one hand up and one hand down?

Symbolically this could be taken as "That which is below is like that which is above that which is above is like that which is below (to do the miracles of one only thing)". The part in () is not as apparent as the part that isn't, but this quote is taken from a Hermetic writing called the "emerald tablet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Tablet)" and basically the philosophy behind it is what it states. "That which is below" is here on earth. "That which is above" is heaven, or at very least the heavenly bodies. What it's saying is that what we do here is exactly like what we do there and vice versa. The miracle of the one thing is to realize that life is one. We are not seperate from God, but a part of it. We are not seperate from life, but a part of it. All this later information I'm giving out can be read in a book called The Kybalion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kybalion), which is credited to Hermes Trismegistus (or Hermes The-Thrice-Great) and is based upon a philosophy called Hermeticism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermeticism).

I'm somewhat of an esoteric loving individual.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  6. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Nice....thats funny cause Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" uses that phrase and covers this topic.....very cool.

anlgp likes this.
  7. anlgp

Don't read dan brown if you're looking for serious insight :chuckle: :lol:

8. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I do enjoy his style of writing...and I will give him credit for use lots of factual/historical events and items in this story telling, etc.