1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Skins.

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Sethdaddy8, Oct 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Outside of the first half egg they laid against the G-men, they've been pretty amazing! They're 4-1, and played all their divisional road games for the season. They stuck it to the Boys and the Iggles in their own back yards! I know we wanted a high 2nd round pick, but gotta give credit where its due. Kudos Skins.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah they are a contender. Even after the Dallas win few people took them seriously, it was the Big 3 and then Washington.

Seems now it might be NY and Washington and then the rest. That division is just brutal.

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Then again, Dallas almost got beat by Cincy so I dunno if they'd take the Bengals seriously too. Honestly, I think NY is the team to beat in the NFC. Just dominance that somehow spun out of their underdog win against the Patsies. I don't think Eli Manning has been this confident since the Ole Miss days.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I dont disagree, but Washington is a contender I think, Campbell is really coming on.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I should be eating a few bowls of crow after my bashing of the Redskins in week one. They were absolutely terrible at the time and I took shots at them.

Since then, they've been brilliant. The offensive line is protecting and opening up holes for Clinton Portis. A key part of it may be that Jon Jansen is in the lineup. I don't know if anyone remembers but after the Carolina pre-season game where Jon Jansen got lit up by Charles Johnson, there was talk that he would get benched in favor of second year player Stephen Heyers. He did get benched and lost his starting job. Heyers struggled with Justin Tuck, whose probably the best defensive player in the league at the moment. Tuck abused him and they turned to Jon Jansen. Since he's been in, they've been winning. Jason Campbell is very efficient, a high completion percentage as well as a lack of turnovers. Has zero interceptions at the moment to go with six touchdowns I think. Cooley finally showed up and is catching balls as well as blocking. Santana Moss is playing at a very high level for them and teams better start figuring out a way to cover the speedster. Randle El is making some plays, threw a touchdown to Cooley today. Overall, offensively they've been very good.

On defense, Chris Horton, the late round rookie is making plays for them. Has a couple interceptions including a key one in the Dallas game where he read Romo's eyes and sprinted from the center of the field to the sideline to get an interception. He's raw in coverage but makes up for it with big plays. Shawn Springs is probably playing at the highest level of his career. He kept Terrell Owens in check in the first half. Their DC changed up the style in the second and Springs got beat for a touchdown but is playing at a high level. LaRon Landry is a special player. Basically a Linebacker in a Safety's body.

They have a very good chance of being the second team out of their division, behind the SB champions. Dallas has a questionable identity IMO. This week, they pound the ball and last week Barber sees, what, eight carries? Romo makes red zone turnovers and that could cost them a few times. The secondary is questionable in Dallas. Philadelphia got carved up today in the run game. They were the top rush defense coming in I think and completely bombed today.

6. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I always liked Horton and I still keep in touch once in a while. I thought we should've grabbed him even though we had Allen and Bell. Did a writeup on him for a private UCLA fan site my friend operates.

7. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    All the local fans are pretty pumped around here. I really like Chris Cooley, he has to be one of the most underrated TEs in the league. He's on DC101 every monday morning talking about the game and stuff behind the scenes. Very cool guy.