The Sky is falling, Abandon Ship

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Euclid

Euclid New Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Hi folks :)

I suppose it was this thread that inspired me to make an account...

I got a frustrated reading this thread, and in the perception of Miami's general state.

bumrush - you make assumptions in your original post and later in other posts in this thread. However when other people disagree with you with other equally plausible assumptions, you demand original sourced proof regarding their assumptions. They hypocrisy here is obvious and it's a horrible way to argue.

I think Ross is a damned fool for offering contracts to other coaches before he fires his current one. That's an awful way of doing business. This appeal to manliness is silly. Why didn't Ross punch Sporano in the face when he lost that last game? ARE WE NOT TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL? AREN'T THEY SUPPOSED TO BE MANLY??? Surely, punching someone in the face is a pretty manly way to doing business. Right? :confused2:

I'm glad Henning is gone. Thanks for the couple of years Dan, but it's past time we moved on. I don't think anything would keep the Dolphins from attracting another decent, except for the aggregation of embarrassing and bush-league moves. I don't think we are there yet, but if we keep hiring merc front office guys like Parcells, try to hire HCs before an actual opening exists (Gruden, Harbaugh) then yeah, we will have a problem attracting a top OC. Isn't that what we want? One of the best? Ohh yeah.. and Al Davis hasn't attracted anyone of worth in a long, long, long time. Not sure where you were going with that example.

My take? Ross IS screwing up. If he wants a winner, he needs to remove himself from this process. Ireland should have been canned in favor of Cowher. I'd love to see him spit all over the Dolphins every Sunday! I believe Sporano can still be a good coach in this league and am happy with him running the Dolphins.

I'm not disappointed by the Dolphins in 2010. They performed about as good as I expected them to. Wanny crashed this plane into the mountain. Then we had three absolutely lost years from 05-07. How many players from those drafts are on our roster? Crowder and Soliai just woke up this year. Ronnie Brown? Yikes. This team is still being remade. We overachieved in 08 with a fantastic turnover ratio and some luck mixed in. There is still a long way to go before they are a contending team. They need to fix their OL and get a long term answer at QB (jesus, how long has it been :( )The Dolphins as I see them are a 6-10 team until those issues are settled. Mike Nolan can continue to make chicken salad with what he's got. I think the job he's done this year is pretty understated. Our offense and ST conspired against the defense last year. We had one of the worst opposing offense field position values in the league last year (31) and our offense averaged something like only 1.4 points per drive, which again was one of the worst in the league. It was atrocious. We draft some more OL help, maybe one of those crazy good WRs, and we could be OK next year.