1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The slim playoff hopes now

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    The Dolphins playoff hopes got slimmer. You're pretty much looking at a 6 seed. The Texans lost, the Jags are losing and one of the Steelers/Ravens will lose. Dolphins would pretty much need to win out. 9 wins could possibly sneak in with help. A loss against the Jaguars, Steelers, Titans or Texans would kill any hopes. Pats will win the division anyway, but beating them may at least make us feel good.

Losing to the Bills pretty much gives no hope anyway, but you never know.
    Of all the games to lose this was the worst. At least if they won then next week would be a playoff like game in December,and even if we lost it would have felt good to be playing that, but that's pretty much dead now.

You knew 2010 was going to be the year for a super bowl push. If Dan Henning is still with us though I may have to change my mind about that. At least we'll have the Winter Olympics and World Cup as distractions until next season this offseason. Unless your a huge NBA/NHL/MLB fan, but to me none of those 3 compare to watching the Dolphins.

2. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Put a fork in us were done...Were still far away . i say 2 to 3 years more

3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    At this point a Pats win is all i ask for.

4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    no way we make the playoffs now.

The Dolfan and CashInFist like this.
  5. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The loss didn't kill their season, it was because the loss was to the Bills. They suck. If you can't beat teams that are horrible you can't get in the playoffs. Unless it's some fluke loss mixed in with your 7 or 8 wins like with Cinci and Pittsburgh last week. This was a must win and they failed. Time for the coaches tofind out who gets to be a Dolphin in 2010.

The Dolfan and Sethdaddy8 like this.
  6. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Playoffs? :lol:

They have no business in the playoffs after that performance. Embarrassing.

The Dolfan likes this.
  7. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Well the teams ahead of us/tied with us are all losing/lost also, so it's not totally over since we play 4 of those teams.

8. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Quality teams don't go up to Buffalo with their season on the line and lose. It just doesn't happen.

I'm embarrassed to be a Dolphins fan tonight.

9. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Very true. Well Dolfans, we can cheer for Ricky Williams to set a new record by passing 1,000 yards 6 years after his last one. The record is 5.

10. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I'll let Jim Mora sum this up for me:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM"]YouTube- Jim Mora Playoffs ! ? Long Version[/ame]

11. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Well were you around the early 90s Dolphins?

Quality teams getting killed at Buffalo almost every Post Season...:wink2:

12. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    from a #s perspective, 10-6 still gets it done .... from a reality perspective, we will probably end up 8-8 ... maybe even 7-9.

we are not scoring 30+ points a game anymore (not that that is a realistic expectation, especially without RB).

the defense can barely hold anyone below 30+ points a game.

our formula for winning, win the TOP to keep the defense off the field, and be able to maintain long sustained drives to score points .... we haven't been able to do that consistently in several weeks.

13. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado

I'm NEVER embarrassed to me a Dolphins fan:wink2:

dolphindebby and BuckeyeKing like this.
  14. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    It's not slim, it's over. We're NOT running the table and 9 won't cut it.

And that's okay. We gave it a good run.

Get em next year when we upgrade on both sides of the ball.

15. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Well here's the extra-muddled AFC wild card. 5. Broncos(7-4) 6. Ravens (6-5).
    Hunt- (6-5): 7. Jaguars, 8. Steelers. (5-6): 9. Dolphins, 10. Jets, 11. Titans, 12. Texans.

It sucks that we lost but we actually still control our own destiny. With a win we actually would have been tied for the 6 seed, which really ****ing sucks. In a matter of 3 minutes we went from being tied for the final spot to being a game out.

We're one game out, and we do control our destiny still[beat the jets already and we still play all the other teams around us], but with the injuries and todays performance and our DC/OC it's not likely. But...still possible. The Steelers lost 3 in a row, the Texans collapsed like us today, the Jaguars got blown out, the Ravens have been sketchy and barely beat the Steelers without Roethlisberger. Broncos are good for a complete collapse.

The Titans may actually sneak up and get a wild card spot. They're the only wild card team playing consistent. We were, but that changed today in the final 3 minutes.

Who knows...maybe they get pissed off and actually beat the Pats? I'll give them a chance to prove it.

Delfin Alejandro and 2k5 like this.
  16. Ross Ohlendorf

Ross Ohlendorf Banned

Nov 19, 2009
    this team sucks and probably won't win a game the rest of the season .
    they control their own destiny. so what. so does tennessee and jacksonville pittsburgh denver baltimore houston etc..
    next week you'll all be dreaming up scenarios in which they can make the playoffs as a 9-7 team. it's over deal with it.

17. The Dolfan

The Dolfan New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Libya
    I'm so f***ing sick.

18. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    We would have been in excellent position with a win today. This sucks :(

19. The Dolfan

The Dolfan New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Libya
    The Dolphins make me want to drink a gallon of Drano. I want to feel my insides slowly disintegrate. Someone put me out of my misery. Please.

20. Ross Ohlendorf

Ross Ohlendorf Banned

Nov 19, 2009
    If you'd all stop overrating this team and the talent you wouldn't be so disappointed. It's a team with some unproven young players and a bunch of rejects/retreads/run of the mill talent. it has maybe 1 star player. The coaches should be commended for even getting these bunch of bums to be competitive. The real blame should go to the toonie for his bad drafts, terrible fa signings and not pulling the trigger and missing out on bigtime talent.
    Posted via Mobile Device

21. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The Titans have a better shot at this point than we do. Why would be able to beat a team like the Pats or the Steelers when we can't even take care of the Bills? We're out of the hunt, the Pats will make it official on Sunday. Sad but true.

22. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008

You're missing the point -- substitute Buffalo with Oakland or St. Louis or any other locale that one of the worst teams in the league calls home. Good teams don't lose with their season on the line, especially considering that this group had 10 days to prepare for the injury ridden Bills.

There is nothing positive to take away from this game. It was a horrible loss, probably the worst in recent memory considering the opponent and what was at stake.

muscle979 likes this.