1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Tebow Effect

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Motion, Jan 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
  2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    It mentions Auburn and LSU as teams likely to run the spread next year, but I expect PSU to revert back to an offense (spread-ish) like they had when Michael Robinson was the QB.

3. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Auburn has already switched over, they ran the spread in their bowl game. Their new QB looks pretty good.

And LSU is a given with Perrilloux at the helm.

4. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    Yours truly is worried about their offense once committed to spread option with Perrilloux.

5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    funny how the spread offense is "spreading" in college football.... especially when it is a system that is not run in the NFL and ill-prepares collegiate players for the NFL. Will this let us see a downtrend in quality of college QBs in the future?

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  6. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    For Qbs maybe. However, the NFL is starting to run a few more spread plays.... wr screens, reverses, etc.. Heck I remember even seeing an option play in the NFL. Not the norm and by far not the basis of the offense, but I think it is even beginning to spread into the NFL... A little.

Motion likes this.
  7. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007

I agree, the Patriots basically run a form of the spread now. They spread people out with 4 WR sets and create miss-matches.

8. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    Years ago everyone talked about power running and stopping the run as 'keys to the SB',,,,now people talk about creating mismatches and defending the pass...........maybe those college spread option coaches will have a degree of success in the NFL in the future...