1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Tom Brady injuries that the Patriots overlooked

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by padre31, Jul 3, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ach-discusses-injuries-that-belichick-denied/

Broken Ribs courtesy of Randy Starks in the second game, his finger was bothering him prior to that game as well, but I also suspect his knee wasn't 100% as he just never seemed to have his timing down on deep passes.

Those injuries tend to add up over time..how old is Tommy Boy again?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Old enough that if we can move him out of the pocket he'll have to use a walker to evade pressure. :chuckle:

Which ain't happenin'

anditsgood likes this.
  3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Playing with these injuries definitely makes him tough, but at the same time, it also shortens and worsens his career. I don't have a problem with that, but a married man with a kid should be pretty careful about getting abused to that degree.

Also, the Patriots should get some draft picks taken away for flaunting the injury report rules.

Agua, skippysphins and Disnardo like this.
  4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Oh, the Cheatriots need not worry.
    They have TONS of talent waiting in the wings in the event that Tammy Brady can't go.
    Maybe Racheal Moss should take a lesson from Brady.
    He seems to fold once his team is down 2 touchdowns.

5. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Does anyone have a gif or video of the hit Starks made on Brady?

6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I haven't seen one, but it looked fairly benign:

JP and Starks hit him at :21 seconds in, he runs off the field for a painkilling shot no doubt, runs back on and seems unaffected..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJLpU3542U4"]YouTube- New England Patriots vs Miami Dolphins NFL week 13 6th December 2009[/ame]

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Not related to Brady's injuries last season, however I think there is something cooking with Tom Brady, he skipped many or most of the Pats offseason activities, in the past he won dorky awards for perfect attendance.

Cat is 34, banged up for two consecutive seasons, and now is being treated to "the Patriot Way" in contract negotiations..hmmm..

8. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Move over Tom, it's Henne's time to shine.

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    A bit more on the Brady Situation:

per PFT

Now that is "The Patriot Way", they used Brady working for less to chisel down other players, Staff and Organizational Salaries, now maybe Brady discovers that the Pats aren't going to give a 34 yr old Qb a 4 yr, 70 million dollar deal...

The Pastriots, even with all of their success, are a very very cheap organization, in some ways they remind me of the Bills of years past.

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hehe...

11. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    would you give Brady, Bradford money?? I wouldnt....I can picture Brady retiring in 2-3 years....that guy isnt pulling a Favre.....He has bigger and better opportunities than get his **** light up every weekend, has his championships...I see no incentive for him to linger, especially if the Pats aren the team to beat anymore....

Call me crazy but I would trade him for 2 1st's while I can still get it....and the Pats are the organization with balls enough, and cut throat enough to do it..

12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    or smart and were able to convince people to take below market contracts, and buy into the system??

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Problem with that is, the players do recognize what the Cheapriots have been up to, it even sank into Tom Brady's ubber loyal noggin "4 SB's, and they are not going to pay me or Mankins?"

That PFt story contained a huge nugget, they were using Brady's light contract, a below market contract, to chisel everyone else in the Organization, now what happens when Brady says "I want full market value, there is no Salary Cap, pay me!"

And then they refuse to?

That is the end of the Cheapriots "Patriot Way" discounts on contracts.:up:

finyank13 likes this.
  14. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Agreed, because they arent the hands down most dominate team anymore, I dont know of any Pats fans up here, saying with confidence that this is their year, and believe me they come out of the woodwork around this time of year....not true like 3 years ago, regardless of the outcome.....

The lack of SC has ALOT to do with it as well...2 questions?

1) Do you see the Pats extending TB out, with 35+ million in guarntees?? Which is market for him right now, especially after Bradford sets the market.

2) Do you see the Pats just letting him walk at the end of this year?

For me, it is no, and no....so whats the answer??

Theres only one....trade Thiggy!!!!!!!!! :lol:

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And THAT is a beautiful thing.

Strictly my .02:

1. No, I suspect they will Franchise tag him for 2011, in 2012..he'll be 35, the Cheapriots are just not going to risk 21 million bucks on a 35 yr old Qb, at least imho, but that is why they won't give him that 4 yr extension.

2. No, I'd suspect a trade, their real problem is they have developed no backup for TB, they had Cassell, he's gone, now it's down to Hoyer.

Keep in mind that Cassell leading the Pats to a 11-5 record is not lost on Belicheck, imho the seed is planted that maybe they can just develop a young Qb and have the same results.

The Pastriots are a odd organization FY, they clearly do not like players over 30, and won't pay them, but they also want to win now, but won't sign Free Agents after A Thomas mugged them.

All I can say is..better them than us..:D

finyank13 likes this.
  16. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010

Ahhh I totally forgot about the franchise tag...Honestly Pads this could get 10X more interesting than the Revis, and I expect it too...Can you picture the Pats franchising him?!?!??!? I can see that happening, but that is sucuide honestly...

You dont franchise loyal, multiple SB champions, MVP's of both regular seasons, and the Super Bowl, first ballot HOF, record setter for the sake of saving a couple of bucks, or whatever. Has that ever happened, somebody of this caliber getting tagged?? I think that would go over about as good as a wet fart in church honestly.

Talk about getting pissed off, here is Brady, wanting a contract this year, but to him ehhh he will go to FA, why not right?? He knows time is of the essence right now, and at the end of this year is the last time to get a big money deal, God knows what happens to him this year, if there is an injury, people under preform, and he only gets 28 TDs?? Then BOOM Bella-f**k slaps him with a tag...dude that would be insanity....that would be like slapping Jeter with a tag, if baseball had tags....

17. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    FY..that is sort of my thinking, and one can begin to see fractures develop in the Brady/Pats relationship, TB was a workaholic in the offseason, winning perfect attendance awards and parking spots etc.

Now? He's attended fewer than half of the voluntary offseason stuff and mostly lives in LA with the Wife and Kiddies, with Cheapriot leadership mostly gone, or retired, what happens when Capt Brady is not on the same page as the Organization?

He mentioned something about "..the young guys need to listen to Coach.." meanwhile he was planted out in LA...do you think the young players don't notice things like that?

How about Vets like Mankins who they simply will not pay market value, he is not under contract per se, so they cannot franchise him, and what's worse, they reduced their offer from 3.14 million to 1.7 million.

This for a perennial All Pro Guard.

18. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Right right those stains, and fractures most certainly exsist and also I think he has other opportunites to net him some money, alot of it, he could focus on being a good hubby, and live the life out there....

this year I believe begins the change in his philosophy towards the team I think...up until now I think he has played with ideas back and forth....Randy is gone after this year, his weapons are slowly starting to go away, piece by piece.....he can literally walk away at any point from thr game...or just be so disengaged, that he walks at the end of this year to another team, if no tag is put on him...

As well Brady is a professional though, I dont expect hold outs of anything like that this year, however he is going to put major value on how he is treated this year....maybe more so than in any years previously....

padre31 likes this.
  19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'm not seeing a holdout in TB's future, that is not his style, I do suspect he could be one of those players who pulls the plug when there is gas still in the tank.

TB has very little left to prove, if the Pats pull his chain on a new deal, why put up with it? He could be out in LA in the sun with the supermodel wife and his kids rather than having his ribs tickled by Wake and Starks.

Eh, TB may be loyal, but even Vader tossed the Emperor over the railing when he had enough of his crap..:D

20. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Nobody would of his caliber would/should ever deal with that, he for as much as I cant stand the man, deserves respect...and not to be railroaded...he is the Pats, the awards, the championship, the dynasty.....who messes around with that except......

[​IMG]

21. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    funny as we talk about it, and it shows up...

Tom Brady is expected to arrive in Boston this weekend to "resettle" for training camp and the 2010 season.

ESPN's John Clayton has suggested Brady might hold out as he enters a contract year with no extension imminent, but Comcast's Tom Curran is adamant it won't happen. Says Curran, "'Foolish' was the term I heard used to describe speculation that he wouldn't be at training camp from the jump."

22. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Per Mort per the AFCE Blog.

Brady does have a point, if Dumervil and Willis can have their deals done, why can't he?

23. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

He's only 32 and that's fairly young as far as Qb's go. He is an absolute franchise Qb still and baring injury, for at least another 4-5 yrs so I don't see him being traded. He will become the highest paid player in the NFL soon enough....