1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The trade up rumor thread...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Personaly I'ld like to see us help Washington get RG3 if we r not interested in landing him. Ireland should talking to them about crafting a deal for our #8 pick for thier 2nd this year and their 1st and 2nd next year. That would give the Redskins enough firepower to leapfrog over clevland and it would leave us with a stockpile of high draft picks in the next draft. RG3 or not I think the redskins will still finish in the bottom of the league next season giving us another top ten pick to use to build this franchise with.

2. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    After listening to various reports and looking at the options available to the Dolphins, I have come to the conclusion that Flynn will most likely be the Dolphins starting QB when the 2012 season begins. I just don't see Manning signing with the Dolphins. I think when push comes to shove, the Dolphins will decide to go with the young healthy QB over an older QB with serious health concerns.

I also don't see the Dolphins coaches and management wanting to go into next season with Matt Moore as their starting QB. Moore is a very good backup QB, but I don't think Philbin wanted to come to Miami and be stuck with a backup QB as the person he has to rely on to lead the team to the playoffs.

After signing Flynn and with Moore as the teams backup, I don't see the Dolphins drafting a QB in the 2012 draft. I think they will use their pick in the first round to select an offensive lineman or possibly another defensive lineman if they fail to resign Langford or Soliai.

3. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    With RG3 as their QB, I could very easily see the Redskins in the playoffs next year. Perhaps you forgot that the Redskins defeated the World Champion New York Giants twice this past season with absolutely, zero at the QB position.

4. Even if you are right and worst case scenario they wing the SB I still think it would be a good move for the Dolphins to stockpile picks. Especially if Manning or Flynn is their target. Then if either signing does not work out they have firepower in the next draft to take a shot at getting Barkley. If they do hit it right @ the QB this off season they have 4 high draft picks to add talent to the roster with.

5. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I think that Barkley is probably the best QB in next years draft and I wouldn't mind the Dolphins trading up to select him if they can't make a trade for RG3 this year. Of course I would give up a great deal of draft picks to trade up for RG3, because I think he will turn out to be every bit as good as Luck and will have a better career in the NFL than Barkley, IMO. It would not upset me in the least if the Dolphins swapped first round picks this year with the Rams, plus gave up their second round pick this year and their first and second round picks in 2013 in an effort to trade up with the Rams and secure the second pick in this years draft.