1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Tudors

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Phinperor, Mar 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    This is possibly my favorite show on television right now. Season 2 is just about to start. I actually caught the first episode already on my Comcast On Demand section. Any other fans?

Site: The Tudors

Season 2 Trailer: HERE

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  2. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I like this show, looking forward to it starting up. I dont think it's as good as Californication, Dexter or probably the Riches, but still very good.

Phinperor likes this.
  3. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I'm a huge fan of Dexter and Californication as well. Something about this show however just sucks me in a little more, maybe it's the time period or locations. Showtime definitely has the best stuff on televison right now.

4. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    oh dude..........

i hated the first season!!! It didn't help that it arrived on the heals of Rome.

I thought it was a bit overacted and just weak. there's no character that i really became attached or engrossed by. where in rome, you could take your pick, some you loved, some you hated. here, everyone was just meh.

Dexter, for 2 years running is my favorite tv show, and i really really wanted this to be good, but it just let me down big time. it seemed like every week i was waiting for the show to get rollin, and then boom, the season was over. i'll still give it another shot though.

sorry to whiz on your fire brother.

5. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    I agree it isnt as good as Rome, but that isnt really saying much because I thought Rome was excellent. But I can see Tudors not being for everyone, especially if you were expecting another Rome type show.

6. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    I have problems with both shows... I tend to have problems with things portraying the roman empire and Henry VIII reign... mainly that they tend to gloss over historical issues to make them orgiastic soap Operas. I understand that incest/screwing around/kings and decadence are things that supposedly make for good TV. But I am tired of thinking that is all we care about. And I sincerely have issues with them reducing historical moments to a bunch of ***** and drinking.

I would like to see just once a more humanistic, less stereotypical view of any historic moment that is before the 18th century.

7. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    You could reread Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. IMO, he portrays Caesar as too sympathetic, yet captures the true essence of chaos and human emotion during the Roman Empire.

8. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    in all fairness due to my being raised in Mexico... never have read it. So I should read it to begin with.

I still wish TV did something more interesting that was not a documentary.

9. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    could give I Claudius a shot

10. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Dexter is probably my hands-down favorite.

But I do like The Tudors a lot; and The Riches, In Treatment,(a close second) and a couple more.

I like nerd-TV...currently digging Modern Marvels. I know, I know...:001_rolleyes:

11. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    The Tudors is most definitely NOT historically accurate.

I like it enough to suspend disbelief, though.

A lot has to do with the cute chick:hump:

Phinperor likes this.
  12. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    First two episodes were good. I'm thinking season two is going to turn out alright.

Phinperor likes this.
  13. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    well season two has been exponentially better for me. im looking forwad to tonights episode.
    hellooooooooooo Jane.

14. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    dude i am completely shocked...

you can say the p-word?

15. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    This season has been really really good.