1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The way the NFL prolongs these games is CRIMINAL

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NyPhinfan, Dec 7, 2008.

1. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    It is the 3rd time this season in a Dolphin game...I can't imagine how many times it has happened in other games but..
    A play happens on the Field...they go to Commercial...4 mins go bye and when they come back to Commercial...they wait...and then someone issues a challenge on the play that happened before the commercial. The Ref then announces that the play is being challenged and then strolls under the hood. 10 minutes have passed since the last play...10 mins!!!!...why was the play not looked at while in commercial??? You take so much away from the game just to sneak in a few more commercials..It really sickens me

Sorry I had to vent but what are we missing by the Ref going under the hood while we are at commercial??? ANYONE????

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    it not the nfl thats decides that, its the challenging coach. he can wait until the next snap to throw the flag. if the next snap is after commercials, then they get longer to be sure they want to challenge. not really an issue, IMO.

3. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I guess you have a point but Buffalo was going to chellenge that play regardless.