1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Way We Hear It — draft edition

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2009/wwhi041609.htm

Overrated Prospects

WR Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina (Jr.)
    Nicks has a chance to still warrant interest in the first round, but the level of complacency he showed after his pro-day workout, when he stopped working out and gained 14 pounds, was quite a scare to NFL clubs, which fear how he will react to a big-time contract. He has since dropped the weight and continued his training regimen and potentially could be a good possession receiver, but he may never be more than a good No. 2 and could always be distracted.

2. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I understand the point being made in the beginning, but I don't think they can conclude that he may never be more than a good No. 2.

3. DearbornDolfan

DearbornDolfan Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Not from that, maybe, but from his game. The guy just doesn't explode, there's no other way to put it. If we're going to burn our first on a pick, it needs to be on somebody that has to have a corner and safety on him at all times. Unless Crabtree or Maclin does some miraculous Quinn-like drop, Britt's probably the only guy worth #25.

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't think I've ever seen anything so ridiculous as this overwhelming hue and cry about some weight gained between a Combine and Pro Day on a guy that couldn't work out or run because he had a bad hamstring.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.