1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Way We Hear It.. Does Bill P ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    “Bill Parcells demands loyalty out of his players, but he never gives it in return. Psychologists would go crazy with him. He’s got every explanation and reason why he has to leave jobs. Why leave Dallas? He was burned out. Why leave the Jets? He got burned out. I think he will quit in two years and blame it on the new owner and say, by the way, ‘Thanks for the $12 million.’ ”

“Is Parcells ever going to have a draft when he does not draft a Jimmy Sexton (Parcells' agent) client? At the end of the day, I think (Dolphins second-round pick DE) Phillip Merling is just a guy. He’s a solid run defender, but he is not special. He has an average motor. I was not enamored with him after meeting with him — he had sleepy eyes and looked like a typical Clemson kid.”

link to rest of story
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2008/audibles2303.htm

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  2. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Pretty funny, cracking on Merling 'cause he didn't like his eyes and came across as a young kid. Maybe he doesn't realize that all of these guys that got drafted are kids...

Some good stuff there though, thanks for the link.

3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Wow...the stupid is strong with that one.

4. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    It's funny to me how some of these writers can knock a winner. I mean the media had a filed day with the phins, bad drafts, bad trades, bad coaches, bad gm etc. Wayne H goes out and hires a person with a track record and they still put down the guy oneway or another. This was one of the best drafts the phins have had in a while, give it time... now they will make fun of a kid because of his eyes?

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Saying that Bill Parcells quits jobs early is not criticism, it's a fact. It was a major concern when we hired him, and still is. A lot of people brushed off the concerns by saying that he's just a figurehead and he's delegating the major duty to Ireland and Sparano, but that doesn't jive with his personality, IMO. Personally, I wonder why Parcells even needs to be around for four years if his job is simply to set up an infrastructure. Once the scouting office is re-established, what other infrastructure does Parcells need to work on? This is all presuming that Parcells isn't hands-on with the personnel acquisition and coaching.

The Merling line makes no sense whatsoever, though.

There are a couple of other stupid quotes in this article. Let me highlight a couple:

Tell that to Alonzo Mourning. What the hell does a kidney have to do with cover skills?

Who said this, Mike Martz? Rookie receivers never make an impact. Calvin Freaking Johnson didn't make an impact. James Hardy doesn't have to make an immediate impact, he just has to contribute. But I get the feeling Buffalo will be running the ball more this year, so who cares?

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This chump just does'nt like Tuna, maybe he should try chicken

7. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :lol: "Clemson kid." That's harsh.

8. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    I'm all for bashing Clemson kids. Until that is, they become Dolphins. :shifty:

9. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    I don't understand why people act like Bill is such a hard arse or so bull-headed. He acts like every other high level exec I've encountered in my life. I'd kill for a boss like Cam Cameron. And at least Bill is good at what he does. The execs I got are slow as Christmas and still walk around like they are the cats pajamas. I don't get how when it comes to the NFL, regular rules of life are thrown out the window.

10. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Someone should take that quote, enlarge it and tape it to Merling's locker.

11. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

If I'm any judge of Bill Parcells, he already has. :up: